CLASS AND STUDIO NEWS:
Summer is in full swing and it is HOT outside! It is a great time to come indoors and enjoy a fabulous yoga class, workshop, or activity in a comfortable, cool environment. We have many terrific classes on the schedule that will keep you flexible and in shape during this hot stretch of weather. For many, it is vacation time, and maybe you have a few days of “stay-cation” time planned in July or August. This is a great opportunity to try MORNING yoga classes. It is a fantastic way to start your day and feel great, and it provides you with the opportunity to have the rest of the day to enjoy other activities. We have a fabulous variety of fourteen (14!) amazing morning classes from which you can choose!
Have you tried the FIVE great, new classes added to the Moonflower Yoga schedule? Check out Yin and Restore with Theresa on select Tuesday evenings at 730 PM. Or for those who would like a super-gentle yoga practice, or for office workers who would love to learn some great stretches that you can do from your office chair, we have a second Chair Yoga class on the schedule. This second Chair Yoga class is on Thursdays at 11:30 AM with Lynn and joins Nancy’s Chair Yoga class on Tuesdays at 11 AM. And check out these other 3 fabulous new classes on the schedule: Beginner Yoga Fundamentals on Mondays at 4:45 PM with Lucia, Summer Stretch on Friday mornings at 10 AM with Theresa, or an intermediate-level class: Stretch Intense & Restore with Theresa on alternate Mondays at 7:30 PM. You’ll find info below on all these great new classes and on the “Descriptions” tab above – come give them a try!
Want to have some fun? We have an amazing array of interesting workshops and events from which you choose! Below is a quick snapshot summary of these very fun activities, and you can discover more info on the “Workshops” or “Events” tabs. You can register for any of these great activities by selecting the activity that you would like to attend on the “Schedule” tab above and following the simple registration and payment steps:
- Children’s book launch of Math + Yoga = No Way! by author Lucia Magnoli and illustrator Betty Lynn Tims plus 3 children’s yoga classes!: Friday, August 18th, with children’s yoga classes from 10-11 AM, 11:30 AM-12:30 PM, and 12-1 PM (note: 1 PM is currently sold out; try the other 2 times). Come meet author, Lucia Magnoli, and illustrator Betty Lynn Tims, as they discuss this great children’s yoga + math book. There will be 3 free children’s yoga classes plus a fabulous raffle prize and books available for purchase which can be signed by Lucia Magnoli and Betty Lynn Tims. Click on the “workshop” tab for more info. You and your child will have a blast in this fabulous event.
- Moonflower Yoga Book Club: Friday, August 18th, 7 PM – 8:30 PM: Take a journey with us as you read a great book while making new friends! Our next book selection is THE READERS OF BROKEN WHEEL RECOMMEND. All are welcome to read this book and join us. Click on the Events tab for more info.
- Moonflower Yoga Mah Jongg Club: Saturday, August 19th, 2 PM – 3:30 PM – Fun afternoon! We are looking for experienced members who can teach newcomers, as well as new students who would like to learn. Click on the “Events” tab above for more info.
- Reiki Healing Circle: Saturday, August 26th, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM plus Saturday, August 26th, 1 – 3 PM: Come discover Reiki and receive a Reiki treatment in this lovely healing circle. NO prior Reiki experience needed and all are welcome. This is a great way to learn more about Reiki!
- Moonflower Yoga Needle Arts Group: Sunday, September 3rd, 4:30 PM – 6 PM: Come join our fun group and learn how to do basic crocheting and knitting! Newcomers, as well as people experienced in knitting & crochet, are welcome. Discover the meditative quality of needle arts!
- Moonflower Yoga Mah Jongg Club: Saturday, September 9th, 2 PM – 3:30 PM – Fun afternoon! We are looking for experienced members who can teach newcomers, as well as new students who would like to learn. Click on the “Events” tab above for more info
- Moonflower Yoga’s 5-year anniversary celebration!: Sunday, September 10th, 2 PM – 4 PM: Come help us celebrate an important milestone – our 5-year anniversary! There will be a raffle prize and toasts to mark the occasion. Hope you can join us as we mark this momentous day.
- Reiki Level One training with Connie: Saturday, September 23rd, 1-5 PM: Learn about Reiki and become certified as a Level One Practitioner. Connie will explain the history of Reiki and how to do basic Reiki on yourself and others. You will also receive attunements to “turn on” the Reiki energy. Book early! Our previous sessions sold out.
- Debut of our new series: Women’s Gathering (a series of events on intriguing topics) Initial topic: Understanding Medicaid w/Carol Trumpatori: Saturday, October 7th, 12 noon – 1 PM: Join us for the debut of our fabulous new Women’s Gathering series where we will meet to discuss interesting topics. Our initial topic is “Understanding Medicaid”. Trying to apply for Medicaid can be a daunting task. Learn how to prepare for this with a Medicaid expert. You’ll want to attend this important discussion! Click on the Events tab for more info.
- Tarot Cards (Part 3) with Connie:: Friday, October 13th, 7 PM – 9 PM: For those who completed our Tarot Cards, Parts 1 and 2, workshop, or for those with Tarot Card experience, join us for this intriguing workshop. You will delve deeper into the meaning of the cards and learn more advanced card spreads to enhance your Tarot Card experience. If you would like to learn about Tarot Cards as a beginner, please stay tuned as we will be adding an additional Tarot Cards part one workshop to the schedule shortly.
- Moonflower Yoga Mah Jongg Club: Saturday, October 14th, 2 PM – 3:30 PM – Fun afternoon! We are looking for experienced members who can teach newcomers, as well as new students who would like to learn. Click on the “Events” tab above for more info
- Reiki Level Two training with Connie: Sunday, October 29th, 1 PM – 5:30 PM: Further explore Reiki in this Reiki Level Two training, open to anyone who successfully completed Reiki Level One. Learn the first 3 symbols of Reiki including the distance symbol to send healing energy.
- Reiki Master/Practitioner Level Three training with Connie: Saturday, November 11th, 1 PM – 6 PM: Take your Reiki training to the Master level! Those who successfully completed Levels One and Two are eligible for this Master training. Receive 4 additional attunements to enhance your vibrational energy and learn 3 more symbols. You’ll feel amazing!
- Crystals workshop with crystals meditation (Connie): Friday, November 17th, 7 PM – 9 PM: Amethyst, citrine, quartz & more! Have you held these beautiful stones in your hand & felt an energy? Come learn how to use crystals & receive a FREE basic crystal stone. The workshop includes a crystal meditation. Crystals will be available for sale.
- Gallery Reading with psychic medium Joseph Perreta: Receive readings from crossed-over loved ones. Fascinating! Stay tuned as new fall dates will be announced ASAP.
Stay tuned! More exciting workshops and events will be added to the schedule shortly!
NEW summer shirts have arrived – get yours now while supplies last!
Just in time for summer we have 2 great new signature shirts hand printed in Bellmore! Choose from a pink tank top or a cool short-sleeve t-shirt in a beautiful blue color. These great shirts are a wonderful summer accessory. Stop by the Moonflower Yoga studio to pick up yours.
NEW class in our Stress-Buster series on select Tuesday nights:
Yin and Restore with Theresa Mariano Doyle
Yin Yoga is a more meditative approach to yoga. While most yoga classes focus on shorter held poses to stretch the muscles and heat the body (Yang Yoga), the hallmark of Yin Yoga is the slow-paced, deeply-held sequence of poses that are precisely timed for 3 to 5 minutes. This enables the body enough time to relax into the postures safely. Most postures are on the floor using the support of props (blankets and bolsters) or the wall, so there is no need to worry about holding a standing pose! Yin Yoga focuses on the connective tissues, tendons, fascia and ligaments with the aim of increasing circulation in the joints and improving flexibility. Bolsters, blocks, blankets as well as other props will be available for your comfort during your practice. Yin yoga is a remarkable and transformative practice. We will finish class with a few meditative restorative postures that will allow complete relaxation of the body and mind. Try this great, NEW class, and your body and mind will thank you.
Chair Yoga is now offered multiple times at Moonflower Yoga! In addition to Tuesdays at 11 AM with Nancy, come try TWO great, NEW Chair Yoga classes with Lynn Carapella: Thursdays at 11:15 AM (starting in August) and Wednesdays at 5 PM (starting in September)!
If you have difficulty moving in a regular yoga class, or cannot easily practice yoga postures from the ground, come give Chair Yoga a try! This is a gentle, beginner-level class where fundamental yoga poses will be done seated in a chair or with the support of a chair for those who can stand while holding a chair. The class will encompass poses for flexibility, stretching, and strength building. If you are an office worker who spends many hours in a chair, this class could be helpful for you as well, as you learn stretching exercises that you can do during the day to relieve muscle tension. For those who can stand, there will be balance poses as well. In all the poses, you will learn how to link your breath to movement. The class will end with several minutes of quiet relaxation seated on your chair. This is a wonderful class to help you get stronger and more flexible in a gentle way while also giving you an opportunity to de-stress and relax.
NEW class on the Monday night schedule!!
Stretch Intense and Restore with Theresa Mariano Doyle
Alternate Monday evenings at 730 PM
Are you looking for a great, intermediate-level evening class? Come try this fabulous new class from Theresa designed for experienced yoga students. Theresa will guide you through flowing postures to help release tension from the day. The class will also encompass poses for stretching, flexibility, balance, and toning. Enjoy several minutes of quiet relaxation at the end of the class in soft candlelight– a great way to end your day! Come give this wonderful class a try!
NEW class on the Friday morning schedule!!
Summer Stretch with Theresa Mariano Doyle
Friday mornings at 10 AM through August
Want a great, late morning, beginner yoga class on Fridays to release stress from the week and get you ready for a fabulous weekend? Come try Summer Stretch – perfect for all fitness levels! This wonderful class will include great stretching poses to help you increase your flexibility. There will be standing postures to increase your strength, as well as improve your balance. Theresa will include some light Vinyasa flow in the class to help you build energy and burn calories. Props, including blocks, straps, bolsters, and blankets, are available to support you during your practice. The class will end with a lovely restorative pose to help you further relax. You’ll love this fun, summer class and have a great start to your weekend!
NEW class on the Monday afternoon schedule!!
Beginner Yoga Fundamentals with Lucia Magnoli
Monday afternoons at 4:45 PM through August; Monday afternoons at 4:30 PM beginning September 11th
Are you new to yoga? Are you looking for a gentle yoga practice? Come explore this wonderful class with Lucia Magnoli! This beginner-level class is for those students who would like a slower-paced, gentle yoga class while working on poses to improve your flexibility, strength, and balance. Props are used to support you as you learn basic postures. Lucia will also teach you how to link your breath to movement which will help you with your practice. The class will end with several minutes of quiet relaxation reclining on the ground to reduce your stress. Come give this fabulous class a try!!
Check out our relaxing “Stress-Buster” series of classes (Tuesdays at 7:30 PM):
Life has many challenges that create stress. Stress is harmful and leads to conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and more. Reducing your stress can lower your disease risk. This series of classes on Tuesday nights are designed to help you reduce your stress and feel better. You’ll love this great variety of interesting and calming classes!
Here is the remaining August schedule & our upcoming Sept schedule for our Stress-Buster series:
- IET/Angel Healing with Chris: August 15th and September 19th: Discover the healing angels and how they can bring you inner peace! During these fabulous classes, Chris will cover 1 or 2 of the 9 healing angels. Learn the special healing gifts that each angel brings. Chris will teach you how to call upon the healing angels with a special prayer of invitation and how to use an angelic heart link to connect with the angel’s energy. You will learn the special healing gifts that each angel brings & invite each of the healing angels to support you in your physical, emotional, mental & spiritual journey. This lovely class can bring a profound sense of peace & calm.
- Yin and Restore with Theresa (NEW!) :Aug 22nd and 29th, Sept 26th: Yin Yoga is a more meditative approach to yoga. While most yoga classes focus on shorter held poses to stretch the muscles and heat the body (Yang Yoga), the hallmark of Yin Yoga is the slow paced, deeply held sequence of poses that are precisely timed for 3 to 5 minutes. This enables the body enough time to relax into the postures safely. Most postures are on the floor using the support of props (blankets and bolsters) or the wall, so there is no need to worry about holding a standing pose! Yin Yoga focuses on the connective tissues, tendons, fascia and ligaments with the aim of increasing circulation in the joints and improving flexibility. Bolsters, blocks, blankets as well as other props will be available for your comfort during your practice. Yin yoga is a remarkable and transformative practice. We will finish class with a few meditative restorative postures that will allow complete relaxation of the body and mind. Try this class, and your body and mind will thank you.
- Guided singing bowl meditation with Jessica: September 12th: Jessica has a beautiful collection of brass singing bowls. The sound healing that comes from these singing bowls is amazing, and you will feel very relaxed and de-stressed. Jessica will also provide you with guided meditation while she is playing the singing bowls. You will be on the floor, relaxing with bolsters and pillows for this meditation, or seated in a chair –whichever you prefer. Essential oils will be diffused to further enhance your meditation and enable you to relax.
- Candlelight Restorative (Nancy): September 5th: Feeling stressed? Discover restorative yoga! Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy, will guide you through a series of relaxing postures on the ground which help you deeply relax. Bolsters, blankets and pillows are used to support you. Soft candlelight and essential oils are used. Your stress will melt away! (Candlelight Restorative is also offered on Monday, Sept 18th).
August news and class changes:
- There is no Summer Stretch class on Friday, August 18th, at 10 AM. Instead we have a special day at the Moonflower Yoga studio with the launch of the children’s book, Math + Yoga = No Way! written by Lucia Magnoli and illustrated by Betty Lynn Tims. There will also be children’s yoga classes and special prizes. And Lucia and Betty Lynn will be available to sign the book for you! Click on the “Workshop” tab for additional info.
- On Thursday, August 24th, the 11:30 AM Chair Yoga class will be taught by Nancy instead of Lynn.
- There is no Chair Yoga class on Tuesday, August 29th, with Nancy.
Upcoming September news and class changes:
- There are no classes on Labor Day, Monday, September 4th. Enjoy the long weekend!
- Beginning on September 11th, Lucia’s Beginner Yoga Fundamentals class will have a start time of 4:30 PM instead of 4:45 PM.
- Beginning on September 11th, the 6 PM Beginner Stretch class will be taught by Rosanne Cassidy instead of Lucia Magnoli. Please welcome Rosanne back to Moonflower Yoga!
- Beginning in September, the Wednesday 7:30 PM Flex and Stretch class with Theresa will be leaving the schedule and is on hiatus. Instead, there will be a Gentle Yoga Stretch on the Wednesday evening schedule at 745 PM starting in September. The September 6th class will be taught by Nancy; the remaining Gentle Yoga Stretch classes in the month of September will be taught by Dona who rejoins the Moonflower Yoga teaching team.
- Beginning on Friday, September 22nd, there will be a NEW Friday Stretch class at 10 AM added to the schedule taught by Theresa Mariano Doyle. Come check out this great class and have a fabulous start to your weekend!
- Lori Pappas is still teaching 2 weekday Kundalini classes but the classes will be back-to-back on Thursday beginning in September. Class #1 will be at 5 PM on Thursday. Class #2 will have a start time of 6:15 PM on Thursday.
- Jessica’s 5 PM Calm and Stretch Gentle Yoga class will be leaving the Thursday schedule starting in September and is on hiatus.
- Nancy’s 8 PM Unwind and Relax class on Thursday will move up to 7:45 PM.
- The Wednesday 5 PM Kundalini Yoga class is being replaced with a 5 PM Chair Yoga class taught by Lynn. This will give you an opportunity to choose from THREE Chair Yoga classes on the schedule: Wednesday at 5 PM, Thursday at 11:30 AM and Tuesday at 11 AM.
- The Stretch and Tone class on Saturday, September 9th will be taught by Lynn. The Stretch and Tone class on Saturday, September 16th will be taught by Lucia. Theresa is on vacation.
- There is no Radiant Body Yoga class on Sunday, September 10th or 17th. Stephanie and Theresa are both on vacation.
- The 610 PM Balance and Tone class on Wed with Lynn will change its start time to 615 PM.
August class packages:
For the month of August, we are offering THREE class packages from which you can choose. All of these offer a discount over the per-class package price of $21:
– Yoga Lite: Receive 4 classes for $76 ($19 per class)
– Yoga Medium: Receive 6 classes for $108 ($18 per class)
– Yoga Pro: Receive 8 classes for $144 ($18 per class)
All of the above August class packages offer a discount over the per-class price. The discounted classes purchased under the August class package must be used between August 1st and August 31st, 2017. The class package must be purchased at the Moonflower Yoga studio.
MONTHLY CUSTOMER APPRECIATION GIFT
We appreciate your business! Each month a special gift will be given to the customer who attends the most classes during the calendar month.
The “Prize of the Month” for booking the most classes in the month of July was won by Debbie C. Congratulations Debbie! Debbie won a signature Moonflower Yoga t-shirt. The August contest is underway. Book your class now to enter this month’s contest!