January classes, news & more!
A new decade is here! And with it brings new beginnings!
Make 2020 the year to take care of YOU by becoming stronger, more flexible, improve your balance, and find ways to de-stress and feel calmer. Our great yoga classes, together with our fun workshops, events, and informative training sessions can help you meet your goals. With Moonflower Yoga’s small-class setting, it is a great place to practice, as our instructors pay attention to you. If it has been a while since you exercised regularly, we have a fabulous array of beginner classes which are a perfect place to start. Moonflower Yoga has beginner-level yoga classes EVERY DAY from which you can choose.
Which yoga classes are best for YOU?
If you are not sure which yoga classes might be good for beginners, or which yoga classes are intermediate level, here is a quick listing with additional information for each class on the “Descriptions” tab above.
There are NO membership agreements, NO membership fees, NO recurring credit card charges at Moonflower Yoga. You can simply register for a single, great yoga class by double clicking on the class/date you would like to attend from the Schedule tab and following the simple registration and payment steps, and you are all set!
Here are some great classes to consider:
BEGINNER-LEVEL YOGA CLASS SUGGESTIONS (Also look for the “B” symbol next to the class title on the Schedule tab):
- Saturday: 8:30 AM Beginner, 11:15 AM Weekend Beginner Stretch with Victoria
- Sunday: 9:45 AM Beginner, 11:15 AM Kundalini w/Lori
- Monday: 4:30 PM Beginner Yoga Fundamentals, 6 PM Pilates Strengthen and Stretch, 7:30 PM Candlelight Restorative (alternate Mondays)
- Tuesday: 9:15 AM Morning Movement & Meditation (through the end of January), 11 AM Chair Yoga with Nancy, 5 PM Yoga Basics, 6:15 PM Tuesday Stretch and Relax, or the 7:30 PM Stress-Buster series of classes (see below for this month’s offerings)
- Wednesday: 4:45 PM Wall and Chair: A Supported Sequence, 6:00 PM Chair Body Stretch with Meditation/Reiki (featured class for January!), 7:30 PM Slow Flow & Singing Bowls with Jessica (alternate Weds.) or 7:30 PM Yin Yang Yoga class (alternate Weds.)
- Thursday: 10 AM Stretch & Flow, 11:30 AM Chair Yoga with Lynn, 4:30 PM Stretch and Meditate 101, 6:15 PM Kundalini with Cathi, or 7:45 PM Evening Stretch and Relaxing Restorative Yoga
- Friday: 10 AM Friday Stretch, plus the 11:30 AM Chair Yoga Stretch class
Are you an experienced yoga student looking for a fabulous, energetic yoga class? Try one of these great yoga classes to get your juices flowing & start you on the road to a toner and stronger you for the summer:
INTERMEDIATE-LEVEL YOGA CLASS SUGGESTIONS (look for the “I” symbol next to the class title on the Schedule tab):
- Saturday: 10 AM Saturday Flow
- Monday: 7:30 PM Stretch Intense, and Restore (alternate Mondays – check schedule)
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM Rejuvenate and Stretch
Moonflower Yoga also offers Reiki training. Reiki is a wonderful system for stress reduction & relaxation. It is being offered by major hospitals as an alternative therapy. Discover how it can help YOU in the new year! Learn more about Reiki from the “Reiki” tab above.
Come learn something new and have fun in a great upcoming workshop, event or training session!
Moonflower Yoga has an amazing array of interesting workshops and events from which you choose! People from Bellmore-Merrick-Wantagh-East Meadow-Seaford and other parts of Long Island have been registering, and we hope to see you too. Below is a quick snapshot summary of these very fun activities, and you can discover more info on the “Workshops” or “Events” tabs. You can register for any of these great activities by selecting the activity that you would like to attend on the “Schedule” tab above and following the simple registration and payment steps.
- Reiki Healing Circle: Friday, January 31st, 6:45 PM – 8:15 PM – almost sold out – book now as previous sessions sold out!: Curious about Reiki? This great Reiki Healing Circle gives you an opportunity to receive a lovely Reiki treatment. NO prior Reiki experience is needed. Come de-stress and relax with Reiki! Space is limited and previous sessions sold out – book early.
- Anatomy of a Yoga Practice, Part III The Warrior Poses: Awakening Insight, Poise and Strength (Lynn) SOLD OUT – wait list available (click on the “Workshops” tab for wait list info: Saturday, Feb 1st, 2 PM – 4 PM: Ready to release tired winter stagnation, melt excess sluggishness & activate fresh flowing energy to clarify the many dimensions of your being? This great workshop will focus on bringing forth the Warrior qualities that already reside within you — to cleanse the body/mind, revive your Spirit, and unblock energy channels so you can move through life’s challenges with strength, ease and joy.
- Moonflower Yoga Mah Jongg Club: Sunday, February 2nd, 1:30 PM – 3 PM: Learn the fun game of Mah Jongg! Newcomers, as well as experienced players willing to work with newcomers, are welcome.
- Reiki Level One training: Saturday, February 8th, 1:15 PM – 6:15 PM – Was sold out – one spot has opened up – book now!: Come learn the basics of Reiki and receive a Reiki Level One certification. You will learn the history of Reiki and how to do a Reiki treatment on yourself as well as others. You will discover the relaxing qualities of Reiki and be supplied with an informative book to continue your Reiki experience after you complete this Level One certification. This Reiki Level One training will be taught by Reiki Master Teacher and Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy Weshkoff.
- Moonflower Yoga Book Club: Sunday, February 9th, 4:30 PM – 6 PM: Take a journey with a great book while having fun and making new friends! For our next meeting, we will be reading “THE GIVER OF STARS” by Jojo Meyes. All are welcome to read this book and join us. Click on the “Clubs” tab above for more info on the book.
- Reiki Level 3/Master Practitioner training: Sunday, February 16th, 1:15 PM – 6:15 PM – only one spot open – book now!: Take your training to the Master level! You will learn how to be a Master Practitioner, learn the final symbols of Reiki and receive 4 more attunements to complete the attunement process. This training is open to those who successfully completed Reiki One and Reiki Two. This Reiki training will be taught by Reiki Master Teacher and Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy Weshkoff.
- Moonflower Yoga Canasta Club (DEBUT MEETING!): Saturday, February 22nd, 1:30 PM-3 PM: Come and learn something new & have fun in the debut of the new Moonflower Yoga Canasta Club! We will explain how the game works & supply the canasta materials. Join us!
- Sound Healing evening with Mudra and Meditation (Jessica Saraswati): Friday, February 28th, 6:30 PM – 7:45 PM – only one spot open – book now!: End your week with the soothing sounds of singing bowls plus essential oil aromatherapy to relax! Newcomers welcome.
- Reiki Level One training: Saturday, February 29th, 1:15 PM – 6:15 PM – SOLD OUT – wait list available or try March 22nd: Come learn the basics of Reiki and receive a Reiki Level One certification. You will learn the history of Reiki and how to do a Reiki treatment on yourself as well as others. You will discover the relaxing qualities of Reiki and be supplied with an informative book to continue your Reiki experience after you complete this Level One certification. This Reiki Level One training will be taught by Reiki Master Teacher and Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy Weshkoff.
- Moonflower Yoga Mah Jongg Club: Sunday, March 1st, 1:30 PM – 3 PM: Learn the fun game of Mah Jongg! Newcomers, as well as experienced players willing to work with newcomers, are welcome.
- White Lotus Flower Mala Workshop with Carol Procopio: Saturday, March 7th, 1:30-3:30 PM: Mala beads are a string of 108 beads used to keep count of positive affirmations (mantras) during meditation. Mantra meditation is calming and restorative. It helps to improve focus and to promote a sense of well-being. In this workshop, you will make a White Lotus Flower Mala using gemstone beads. Each participant will be provided with red creek jasper beads, moonstone beads, brass lotus flower spacer beads, a carved white jadeite lotus flower guru bead and a tassel made from sari silk ribbon. All materials are included in the price. You will love your very special mala bead set which you created!
- Reiki Level Two training: Sunday, March 8th: Come further explore Reiki in this Reiki Level Two training, open to anyone who successfully completed Reiki Level One. Learn the first 3 symbols of Reiki including the distance symbol to send healing energy to someone who is not in the same room as you and the power symbol to enhance your Reiki practice. This training session will be done by Nancy Weshkoff, Owner of Moonflower Yoga and Reiki Master Teacher.
- Help release back pain and stress in the “Breathe Into the Spine for Your Health” workshop (Theresa): Saturday, March 21st, 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM: Join us for the debut of this great workshop which combines movement, mantra (chanting), meditation, and Reiki with postures to help relax the nervous system. Click on the “Workshops” tab for more info.
- Reiki Level One training: Sunday, March 22nd, 1:15 PM – 6:15 PM – only one spot open – book now as previous sessions sold out: Come learn the basics of Reiki and receive a Reiki Level One certification. You will learn the history of Reiki and how to do a Reiki treatment on yourself as well as others. You will discover the relaxing qualities of Reiki and be supplied with an informative book to continue your Reiki experience after you complete this Level One certification. This Reiki Level One training will be taught by Reiki Master Teacher and Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy Weshkoff.
- Spring Cooking with Bob! Learn Vegan and Gluten-Free Cooking Ideas: Sunday, March 29th, 2 PM – 4 PM: Come discover great, healthy cooking ideas with live cooking demo and lots of food samples. You’ll love this delicious & fun workshop!
- A Gathering for Self-Realization and Meditation with Chandresh (an EXCLUSIVE series for Moonflower Yoga!): A new date will be announced soon – watch this space! This is a signature meditation and workshop series by Chandresh Bhardwaj prepared exclusively for the community of Moonflower Yoga! In each workshop, Chandresh brings up topics that are relatable, urgent, and important for one’s spiritual and life growth. As the seventh generation spiritual teacher, Chandresh combines the ancient wisdom traditions with modern, accessible lessons for eternal happiness. Always packed with stories, humor, and life-altering teachings, this workshop is perfect for those who are ready to bring more love, courage, and bliss in their life. Each workshop starts with a talk by Chandresh followed by guided meditation and Q&A with the students.
STAY TUNED! We are planning more great workshops and events for the coming months!
Featured yoga class for the month of January:
Chair Body Stretch with Meditation/Reiki (B)
Wednesdays at 6 PM
Have difficulty reaching the floor? Feeling stressed? Muscle tension? Need to improve your strength? If the answer to these questions is “yes”, then this fantastic evening class taught by Lynn is perfect for you! This class will be done while comfortably seated in a chair. You will stretch your muscles, build strength, and improve flexibility. Props are available to support you. After releasing muscle tension through stretching and implementing pranayama breathing techniques, Lynn will provide guided meditation. Doctors agree meditation is a great tool for de-stressing. Lynn, who is a Reiki Master Practitioner, may also offer Reiki in the class, a wonderful system for stress reduction and relaxation. All levels of practice are welcome. Come give this great class a try!
Essential oil of the month for January – Peppermint!
Peppermint is a wonderful oil for diffusing over the winter months. If you are feeling tired and need some energy, Peppermint may provide a pick me up. If your nasal passages are dry from the winter, try diffusing peppermint oil. In the warmer months, it can provide a cool, tingling sensation to the skin. Its beautiful scent can add a pleasant aroma to your living space year round. Pick up your bottle today at Moonflower Yoga!
Join us as we launch another great, fun Moonflower Yoga Club!
The Moonflower Yoga Canasta Club!
Saturday, February 22nd, 1:30 PM – 3 PM – debut meeting
Come learn something new and have fun when you join us for our NEW Moonflower Yoga Canasta Club!
Canasta is a great card game where players try to form “melds” of certain cards. Each card is awarded a points value, which is noted on the card. It has some similarities to rummy. In this launch of the Moonflower Yoga Canasta Club, experienced Canasta players will be at the studio to explain the basic rules of Canasta, and we will play a couple of hands to practice the basic game play. You do not need to bring any Canasta supplies, as Moonflower Yoga will provide these for the initial game. This is a great way to have fun, learn something different, and meet new people! Yummy homemade dessert will also be served and is included in the price.
Fee to cover costs: $10 per person
Book Now! Register for this new Club by selecting it from the Schedule tab above. Double click on this February 22nd date and follow the simple registration and payment steps.
Check out Moonflower Yoga on longislandforsale.com!:
Moonflower Yoga is proud to announce that Long Island for Sale has written a great piece on Moonflower Yoga. Here is the link to read the article, and if you are looking for a home in the Long Island area, Long Island for Sale can help you:
Come try our relaxing “Stress-Buster” series of classes (Tuesdays at 7:30 PM):
Life has many challenges that create stress. Stress is harmful and leads to conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and more. Reducing your stress can lower your disease risk. This series of classes on Tuesday nights are designed to help you reduce your stress and feel better. You’ll love this great variety of interesting and calming classes!
Here is the remaining January and upcoming February schedule for our Stress-Buster series:
- Kundalini meditation & gong relaxation (Cathi) (January 28th and February 25th): Release the stress of your day through pranayama (breathing techniques), meditation and an extended gong bath. The immediate effects of Kundalini technique will allow you to relax and let go, while gong therapy restores the body and mind to a state of peace.
- Less Stress Meditation (Cathi) (February 4th): Come try a “Less Stress” Meditation with Cathi! Enjoy tranquility of body and mind through guided meditation and Reiki healing. Meditation helps you to connect to the present moment while the flow of Reiki energy encourages relaxation and well-being. All are welcome to attend this lovely class.
- Support and Relax with Reiki and Restorative Yoga (Theresa) (February 11th): In this particular session, enjoy a lovely class with Theresa Mariano Doyle! The class will be a combination of gentle restorative yoga, coupled with the relaxing effects of Reiki with Reiki Master Practitioner Theresa. It’s a great way to end your day.
- Candlelight Restorative (Nancy) (February 18th): Melt away your stress in this lovely, very relaxing class which is done while resting on the floor. You will spend several minutes gently stretching and unwinding in each restorative posture with the help of props such as bolsters, blankets, and pillows. The class will be lit by candlelight with soft music in the background. Essential oils are diffused to help you further relax. Nancy, who is a Reiki Master Teacher, also provides a brief, optional Reiki treatment while you are reclining for those who choose to have a Reiki treatment. You will leave feeling refreshed and renewed!
LONG ISLAND CARES
Through the generous support of so many in the Moonflower Yoga community, we collected approximately 400 lbs. of food and personal care items in the last year. THANK YOU! Sadly many people on Long Island cannot afford food or personal care items and your donations help them. Some of the things that are most in need are those items that are not covered by food stamps, particularly pet food, diapers, shampoo, soap, feminine hygiene products, etc., as food stamps only cover food items. At the moment, what Long Island Cares mostly needs is DOG and CAT FOOD. Whatever items you can donate are much appreciated. These can be dropped off at the Moonflower Yoga studio, and we will take the items to Long Island Cares. Thank you!
Upcoming February class changes:
- The 9:15 AM Morning Movement and Meditation class will be leaving the schedule as of February. Stay tuned for news regarding a future class.
- The 5 PM Yoga Basics class for the month of February previously taught by Jeannine Bayer will be taught by Melinda Reidy.
January class packages:
For the month of January, we are offering THREE class packages from which you can choose. All of these offer a discount over the per-class package price of $21:
– Yoga Lite: Receive 4 classes for $76 ($19 per class)
– Yoga Medium: Receive 6 classes for $108 ($18 per class)
– Yoga Pro: Receive 8 classes for $144 ($18 per class)
All of the above January class packages offer a discount over the per-class price. The discounted classes purchased under the January class package must be used between January 2nd and January 31st, 2020. The class package must be purchased at the Moonflower Yoga studio.
Upcoming February class packages:
For the upcoming month of February, we are offering THREE class packages from which you can choose. All of these offer a discount over the per-class package price of $21:
– Yoga Lite: Receive 4 classes for $76 ($19 per class)
– Yoga Medium: Receive 6 classes for $108 ($18 per class)
– Yoga Pro: Receive 8 classes for $144 ($18 per class)
All of the above February class packages offer a discount over the per-class price. The discounted classes purchased under the February class package must be used between February 1st and February 29th, 2020. The class package must be purchased at the Moonflower Yoga studio.
MONTHLY CUSTOMER APPRECIATION GIFT
We appreciate your business! Each month a special gift will be given to the customer who attends the most classes during the calendar month.
The “Prize of the Month” for booking the most classes in the month of December was won by Rose. Congratulations Rose! Rose won a beautiful aromatherapy necklace from AAOTE. The January contest is underway! Book your classes now and you are automatically entered in this month’s contest.