CLASS AND STUDIO NEWS:
May is almost here! It brings us Mother’s Day, a wonderful time to recognize the many amazing women in our lives. We are running a special Mother’s Day gift certificate special where you can receive a FREE yoga class or a discount on merchandise (see the details below). Moonflower Yoga also has beautiful essential oils that would be a fabulous gift, including favorites Lavender, Peppermint, Stress Away, Joy, and Citrus Fresh. Have you tried the unique aromatherapy jewelry from our AAOTE line? You’ll love the beautiful necklaces, earrings, bracelets and clip-on diffusers for your car or office, all priced at $25 or less. We also have also unique, beaded bracelets made by a women’s fair trade group. Our signature Moonflower Yoga fleece, full-zip hoodies, which are hand embroidered in Bellmore, are also on sale. These all make great gifts for Mother’s Day!
We have a great women’s event on the calendar for May 5th: a reading and book signing of “BENDING TO BEAUTY” with author Dian Zirilli-Mares about a women’s journey through the joys and pains so many of us share (see further info on the “Events” tab above). You’ll love this fascinating event, which is a perfect activity to celebrate Mother’s Day. Looking for other fun activities or ways to learn something new and relax? Click on the “Workshops”, “Events” or “Reiki” tabs above for additional info. And for something different, we are offering a fun “discover reflexology” afternoon on May 9th where you can have a 20-minute reflexology session with Heidi Viollis which enables you to relax and feel better by using gentle acupressure on key points on the bottoms of your feet.
With warmer weather here, you might wish to try a class for toning, stretching, flexibility, and strength. Moonflower Yoga has 23 weekly classes from which you can choose! You can register for any available class from the “Schedule” tab above. Just double click on the date for the class which you to attend and then follow the simple registration & payment steps and you are all set! Here are some great classes to consider:
BEGINNER-LEVEL YOGA CLASS SUGGESTIONS (Also look for the “B” symbol next to the class title on the Schedule tab):
- Saturday: 8:30 AM Beginner, 11:15 AM Strengthen & Stretch
- Sunday: 10 AM Beginner (thru April), 9;45 AM Beginner (starting in May), 11:15 AM Kundalini w/Lori
- Monday: 4:30 PM Beginner Yoga Fundamentals (our featured class for April!), 6 PM Beginner Stretch, 7:30 PM Candlelight Restorative (alternate Mondays)
- Tuesday: 9:15 AM Morning Movement & Meditation, 11 AM Chair Yoga with Nancy, 5 PM Yoga Basics, or the 7:30 PM Stress-Buster series of classes
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM Rejuvenate and Stretch, 5 PM Chair Yoga with Lynn, 7:45 PM Gentle Yoga Stretch.
- Thursday: 10 AM Stretch & Flow, 11:30 AM Chair Yoga with Lynn, 5 PM Stretch and Meditate 101 (switching to 4:45 PM beginning in May), 6:15 PM Kundalini with Cathi (starts May 10) or 7:45 PM Unwind & Relax.
- Friday: 10 AM Friday Stretch
Are you an experienced yoga student looking for a fabulous, energetic yoga class? Try one of these great yoga classes to get your juices flowing & start you on the road to a toner and stronger you for the spring:
INTERMEDIATE-LEVEL YOGA CLASS SUGGESTIONS (look for the “I” symbol next to the class title on the Schedule tab):
- Saturday: 10 AM Saturday Flow with Nancy
- Sunday: 8:45 AM Radiant Body Yoga with Stephanie (thru April)
- Monday: 7:30 PM Stretch Intense, and Restore with Danielle (alternate Mondays – check schedule)
- Tuesday: 6:15 PM Move and Stretch with Jackie Lee
- Wednesday: 6:15 PM Balance and Tone with Lynn
Come learn something new and have fun in a great workshop, event or training session!
Moonflower Yoga has an amazing array of interesting workshops and events from which you choose! People from Bellmore-Merrick-Wantagh-East Meadow-Seaford and other parts of Long Island have been registering, and we hope to see you too. Below is a quick snapshot summary of these very fun activities, and you can discover more info on the “Workshops” or “Events” tabs. You can register for any of these great activities by selecting the activity that you would like to attend on the “Schedule” tab above and following the simple registration and payment steps:
- Discover Thai Yoga with Dona Squires, LMT & 500RYT: Saturday, April 28th, 1 PM – 3:15 PM: You’ll love this wonderful workshop! Learn the healing touch of Thai Yoga massage, an ancient healing form of bodywork. Dona will guide you on a blissful journey to give and receive thai yoga using deep compression, acupressure, rhythmic rocking, dynamic stretching and gentle massage of the legs, arms, shoulders, and feet. Come with your significant other, best friend or a special person.
- Moonflower Yoga Book Club: Sunday, April 29th, 4:30 PM – 6 PM: Take a journey with a great book and join us! Fabulous way to learn something new, have fun & meet new people. As there is a longer gap between book discussion meetings, we will be discussing TWO books for this April meeting: THE STORY OF ARTHUR TRULUV and AFTER THE LIE . Click on the “Events” tab for more info or you can scroll further down on this page for a larger description. All are welcome to read one or two of these books and join us!
- Reiki Healing Circle: Friday, May 4th, 6:30 PM – 8 PM: Come discover Reiki and why leading medical institutions are offering Reiki as an alternative therapy. Each person has an opportunity to receive a beautiful, relaxing Reiki session while comfortably reclining. NO prior Reiki experience needed. Very relaxing!
- Women’s Gathering (Reading of BENDING TO BEAUTY with author Dian Zirilli Mares): Saturday, May 5th, 1:30 PM – 3 PM: Join us for this intriguing NEW series of meetings and discussions on topics of interest to women. In this newest chapter, author Dian Zirilli Mares will read from her book BENDING TO BEAUTY which takes us on a woman’s journey through the joys and pains so many women share. Riveting and a perfect event immediately before Mother’s Day! See the fuller description below.
- Reiki Level One Refresher training: Sunday, May 6th, 1:30 PM – 5 PM: Have you been trained in Reiki Level One & need a refresher course? This great training session with Reiki Master Teacher, Nancy Weshkoff, will enable you to reengage with your Reiki energy, ask questions, review the basics of Reiki, and practice giving/receiving Reiki.
- Moonflower Yoga Needle Arts Group: FRIDAY, May 11th, 6:30 PM – 8 PM: Come join our fun group and learn how to do basic crocheting and knitting! Newcomers, as well as people experienced in knitting and crocheting, are welcome. Discover the meditative quality of needle arts!
- Moonflower Yoga Mah Jongg Club: Saturday, May 12th (2 PM – 3:30 PM): Fun afternoon! We are looking for experienced members who can teach newcomers, as well as new students who would like to learn. Please bring your own 2018 National Mah Jongg card to this meeting.
- Reiki Level Three Master Practitioner training: Sunday, May 20th, 1 PM – 5:30 PM: Become a Reiki Master! Learn the final 3 symbols of Reiki and receive 4 additional attunements. Take your training to the Master level! SOLD OUT! Try July 15th.
- Harp and Gong Sound Healing with Lori Pappas: Friday, June 1st, 630 PM – 8 PM- SOLD OUT! A wait list is available; click on the “Workshops” tab above for wait list info. Or try the NEW date of Friday, July 20th. Join us for a wonderful evening as Lori plays her beautiful new harp, as well as her gong, for a lovely sound bath. This will also include light Kundalini yoga movement, mantra (chanting) & meditation. Great way to de-stress!
- Reiki Level Two training: Saturday, June 9th, 1:15 PM – 5:45 PM: Further explore Reiki in this Reiki Level Two training, open to anyone who successfully completed Reiki Level One. Learn the first 3 symbols of Reiki including the distance symbol to send healing energy to someone who is not in the same room as you. This training session will be done by Nancy Weshkoff, Owner of Moonflower Yoga and Reiki Master Teacher.
- Reiki Level One training: Sunday, June 24th, 1:15 PM -5:45 PM: Come learn the basics of Reiki and receive a Reiki Level One certification. You will learn the history of Reiki and how to do a Reiki treatment on yourself as well as others. You will discover the relaxing qualities of Reiki and be supplied with an informative book to continue your Reiki experience after you complete this Level One certification. This Reiki Level One training will be taught by Reiki Master Teacher and Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy Weshkoff.
- Summer Cooking with Bob: Learn vegan & gluten-free cooking tips plus a LIVE cooking demo,: Friday, July 13th, 630 PM – 830 PM: If you have been to a Moonflower Yoga event, you have enjoyed a culinary treat from Bob. Now learn some great tips from Bob to prepare delicious meals at home. We will have a LIVE cooking demo with audience participation encouraged. Join us for a delicious night!
- Reiki Level Three Master Practitioner training: Sunday, July 15th, 1:15 PM – 5:45 PM: Become a Reiki Master! Learn the final 3 symbols of Reiki and receive 4 additional attunements. Take your training to the Master level!
- Harp and Gong Sound Healing with Lori Pappas: Friday, July 20th. Join us for a wonderful evening as Lori plays her beautiful new harp, as well as her gong, for a lovely sound bath. This will also include light Kundalini yoga movement, mantra (chanting) & meditation. Great way to de-stress!
- Healing the Heart: A Meditation Gathering with Chandresh: The winter date was postponed; a new date will be announced shortly – stay tuned. Is life moving so quickly that you don’t have time to self-reflect & meditate? Are relationships that were meant to heal turning out to be a challenge? Have you been avoiding the healing of your heart? Join bestselling author and 7th generation spiritual adviser Chandresh Bhardwaj for an incredibly powerful experience prepared for Moonflower Yoga! There will be a guided meditation, talk and discussion on various topics such as consciousness, healing, tantra, mantra, and more!
Stay tuned! More exciting workshops and events will be added to the schedule shortly!
Featured class for the month of April:
Beginner Yoga Fundamentals with Rose Edelman
Mondays at 4:30 PM – great time for school teachers!
Are you new to yoga? Are you looking for a gentle yoga practice? Come explore this wonderful class! This beginner-level class is for those students who would like a slower-paced, gentle yoga class while working on poses to improve your flexibility, strength, and balance. Props are used to support you as you learn basic postures. Rose will also teach you how to link your breath to movement which will help you with your practice. The class will end with several minutes of quiet relaxation reclining on the ground to reduce your stress. Come give this fabulous class a try!!
Register now for this great class!! You can reserve your spot at the Moonflower Yoga studio or by selecting this class from the Schedule tab above and following the simple payment and registration steps.
Limited-time Mother’s Day gift offer …
Just in time for Mother’s Day, Moonflower Yoga has two great special offers:
Purchase a $100 gift certificate redeemable for any of our great classes or workshops and receive your choice of one of the following as our thank you:
- a FREE bonus class at Moonflower Yoga. You can give this bonus class to the recipient of the gift certificate or keep it for yourself; OR
- Take 10% off merchandise purchased at Moonflower Yoga. Use this for lovely essential oils (a great gift for mom!), beautiful AAOTE aromatherapy jewelry, yoga props such as a new yoga mat, or our super soft signature t-shirts & hoodies.
This special gift certificate offer is available for purchase up until May 13, 2018, and has a one-year expiration. If you are out of town, we also accept credit card phone orders for gift certificates, and we can email the gift certificate to you or to the recipient. Stop by the Moonflower Yoga studio to purchase your gift certificate or give us a call at (516) 557 2206 to place a gift certificate phone order. Give a special woman in your life a gift she will love!!
GREAT IDEA FOR SPRING & MOTHER’S DAY –
Treat yourself to a 20-minute foot reflexology session on Wed, May 9th, with Heidi Viollis, Certified Reflexologist!
Foot reflexology is an ancient health care therapy. By applying rhythmic pressure to acupressure points at the bottom of the feet, it can improve circulation, release muscle tension, help with seasonal allergies, enable you to relax, and so much more!
Reflexology feels like the best foot massage you could ever have. Many people fall asleep during the treatment because it is so relaxing.
In this special event at Moonflower Yoga in conjunction with Mother’s Day week, certified Reflexologist, Heidi Viollis, will be offering 20-minute discover reflexology sessions starting at 1:30 PM. You will be comfortably reclining on a massage table during the treatment with your socks removed while Heidi provides a lovely reflexology session. The price for this is $20 in cash payable at the Moonflower Yoga studio for the 20-minute session.
PLEASE NOTE YOU NEED TO CONTACT MOONFLOWER YOGA BY PHONE AT 516 557 2206 OR EMAIL AT [email protected] TO SELECT AN AVAILABLE 20-MINUTE TIME SLOT. YOU CAN ALSO RESERVE YOUR SPOT IN PERSON AT THE MOONFLOWER YOGA STUDIO. The first 20-minute session begins at 1:30 PM, and the last 20-minute session starts at 3:30 PM. These are the time slots: 1:30 PM – 1:50 PM, 2 PM – 2:20 PM, 2:30 PM – 2:50 PM, 3 PM – 3:20 PM, and 3:30 PM – 3:50 PM. These 5 slots will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Book early to enjoy this lovely session! You’ll feel great.
You love Kundalini Yoga on Sundays at 11:15 AM with Lori Pappas.
Now you can join Cathi Nashak for Kundalini Yoga on Thursdays at 6:15 PM starting on May 10th!!
Come explore Kundalini Yoga on Thursday nights with Cathi Nashak! Known for its ability to promote health, creativity & spiritual awareness, Kundalini Yoga combines physical exercise, breathing techniques, mantra (chanting) & meditation. This lovely practice caters to both beginners and advanced yogis. In the words of Yogi Bhajan “There is nothing outside of us. It’s all in us.” Give this great class a try!
About Cathi Nashak: Cathi has been teaching great yoga classes at Moonflower Yoga as part of our Tuesday stress-buster series, including a Kundalini meditation & gong class. She is a Registered Yoga Teacher under Yoga Alliance guidelines, and she also successfully completed and received her Kundalini teaching certification from IKYTA, the International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association. Cathi is a certified Usui Reiki Master Practitioner since 2014. Moonflower Yoga is very pleased to have Cathi offer a wonderful Kundalini class on Thursday, in addition to the Tuesday night classes she teaches.
If you cannot join Cathi on Thursday or Tuesday nights, please note that Moonflower Yoga continues to offer a great Kundalini yoga class on Sunday mornings at 11:15 AM with Lori Pappas. Lori Pappas also teaches a wonderful harp and gong workshop every other month on a Friday night; click on the Workshop tab above for the next date.
Hope you can join us for a fascinating Kundalini yoga class or workshop at Moonflower Yoga!
Check out Moonflower Yoga on longislandforsale.com!:
Moonflower Yoga is proud to announce that Long Island for Sale has written a great piece on Moonflower Yoga. Here is the link to read the article, and if you are looking for a home in the Long Island area, Long Island for Sale can help you:
Come try our relaxing “Stress-Buster” series of classes (Tuesdays at 7:30 PM):
Life has many challenges that create stress. Stress is harmful and leads to conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and more. Reducing your stress can lower your disease risk. This series of classes on Tuesday nights are designed to help you reduce your stress and feel better. You’ll love this great variety of interesting and calming classes!
Here is the remaining April and upcoming May schedule for our Stress-Buster series:
- Kundalini meditation & gong relaxation with Cathi: April 24th: Release the stress of your day through pranayama (breathing techniques), meditation and an extended gong bath. The immediate effects of Kundalini technique will allow you to relax and let go, while gong therapy restores the body and mind to a state of peace.
- Candlelight Restorative with Nancy: May 1 and 29: Feeling stressed? Melt away your stress in this lovely, very relaxing class which is done while resting on the floor. You will spend several minutes gently stretching and unwinding in each restorative posture with the help of props such as bolsters, blankets, and pillows. The class will be lit by candlelight with soft music in the background. Essential oils are diffused to help you further relax. You will leave feeling refreshed and renewed!
- Less Stress meditation with Cathi: May 8th: In this fabulous session, try a “Less Stress” Meditation with Cathi! Enjoy tranquility of body and mind through guided meditation and Reiki healing. Meditation helps you to connect to the present moment while the flow of Reiki energy encourages relaxation and well-being.
- Kundalini meditation & gong relaxation with Cathi: May 15th: Release the stress of your day through pranayama (breathing techniques), meditation and an extended gong bath. The immediate effects of Kundalini technique will allow you to relax and let go, while gong therapy restores the body and mind to a state of peace.
- Relax with Reiki with Nancy: May 22nd: In this particular session, enjoy a great, new class with Moonflower Yoga owner and Reiki Master Nancy! This lovely class will give you an opportunity to enjoy the calming and relaxing effects of Reiki. You will be seated in a chair for the class which begins with a guided meditation. From there, you will enjoy relaxing Reiki treatments such as Reiki waterfall, a Reiju blessing, or a seated chair Reiki treatment. Essential oils will be diffused with soft music to help you unwind. Come give this de-stressing class a try!
Schedule changes for April:
-The Strengthen and Stretch class on Saturday, April 28th, at 11:15 AM will be taught by Lynn.
Upcoming schedule changes for May:
– The studio will be closed on Monday, May 28th, in celebration of Memorial Day. Enjoy the Memorial Day weekend!
-Kundalini Yoga returns to the Thursday night schedule in May beginning May 10th with a great 6:15 PM Kundalini yoga class taught by Cathi Nashak! Scroll up to see further info.
-The Stretch and Meditate 101 class with Lynn on Thursdays will start at a slightly-earlier time starting in May. Come try this great class at 4:45 PM instead of 5 PM.
– Radiant Body Yoga on Sundays at 845 AM will be leaving the schedule as of May 1.
– The 10 AM Beginner class on Sundays with Nancy will have a new, earlier start time of 9:45 AM beginning in May.
-The Beginner Stretch class on Monday, May 7 and May 21 will be taught by Rose.
April class packages:
For the month of April, we are offering THREE class packages from which you can choose. All of these offer a discount over the per-class package price of $21:
– Yoga Lite: Receive 4 classes for $76 ($19 per class)
– Yoga Medium: Receive 6 classes for $108 ($18 per class)
– Yoga Pro: Receive 8 classes for $144 ($18 per class)
All of the above April class packages offer a discount over the per-class price. The discounted classes purchased under the April class package must be used between April 2nd and April 30th, 2018. The class package must be purchased at the Moonflower Yoga studio.
Upcoming May class packages:
For the upcoming month of May, we are offering THREE class packages from which you can choose. All of these offer a discount over the per-class package price of $21:
– Yoga Lite: Receive 4 classes for $76 ($19 per class)
– Yoga Medium: Receive 6 classes for $108 ($18 per class)
– Yoga Pro: Receive 8 classes for $144 ($18 per class)
All of the above May class packages offer a discount over the per-class price. The discounted classes purchased under the May class package must be used between May 1st and May 31st, 2018. There are no classes on Memorial Day, May 28th. The class package must be purchased at the Moonflower Yoga studio.
MONTHLY CUSTOMER APPRECIATION GIFT
We appreciate your business! Each month a special gift will be given to the customer who attends the most classes during the calendar month.
The “Prize of the Month” for booking the most classes in the month of March was won by Debbie C. Congratulations Debbie! Chris won a beautiful aromatherapy bracelet from AAOTE. The April contest is underway! Book your classes now and you are automatically entered in this month’s contest!