CLASS AND STUDIO NEWS:
Where has the year gone? It is hard to believe that we are nearing the end of 2017!!
The holidays can be a stressful time – rushing around to purchase holiday gifts, coping with end-of-the-year projects at work, various functions you may be attending, etc. All of these take a toll on us. It is more important than ever to TAKE CARE OF YOU during this holiday season.
If you are feeling overwhelmed, come to a relaxing yoga or meditation class at Moonflower Yoga, and let us help reduce your stress and enable you to feel better! We have an amazing array of classes from which you can choose. Newcomers are always welcome, and there is a class on the schedule that can fit your needs. And remember our fantastic “Stress-Buster” series of classes on Tuesday nights at 7:30 PM, all designed to help you relax. You’ll see a fuller schedule below for our “Stress-Buster” classes. Or come and have some fun in the Moonflower Yoga “Clubs”: Try the Moonflower Yoga Book Club, the Moonflower Yoga Needle Arts Group where you learn to crochet or knit, the Moonflower Yoga Mah Jongg Club, or the newest Women’s Gathering Club which meets on different topics of interest to women. For December, we have a wonderful book discussion and reading with author Dian Zirilli-Mares on Dec 9th. There are also fun and interesting workshops on the schedule which give you an opportunity to relax, meet new people, and have fun while you de-stress. We have the return of Lucia Magnoli on the December schedule with 2 great children’s yoga classes on December 29th, as she and Betty Lynn Tims read from their book “Math + Yoga = No Way!” which children will love.
The holidays are also a time for giving, and Moonflower Yoga is once again proudly working with the Bellmore Chamber of Commerce and the US Marine Corp on its Toys for Tots campaign. Last year we collected over 200 toys – more than any other business in Bellmore! That meant that 200 needy children who would otherwise not have a toy were able to have a smile on their face this holiday season. We are collecting once again through early-mid December – please help a child in need by donating a new, unwrapped toy in the Toys for Tots basket at the Moonflower Yoga studio. Thank you!
You will see below that we are also offering some holiday specials including a special gift certificate offer and a sale on our super-soft fleece, full-zip hoodies. Stop by the Moonflower Yoga studio today to take advantage of these great offers. If you’re out of town, a gift certificate can also be sent to you by email, or we can email it directly to the recipient conveying your greetings. Call or email Nancy at the Moonflower Yoga studio for further info. And if you’re looking for a lovely gift for the holidays, check out the beautiful AAOTE aromatherapy jewelry line sold at Moonflower Yoga, which sells for $25 or less per piece and makes a fabulous gift.
As we close out 2017, I would like to wish you all very happy holidays and all the best for a wonderful new year. Thank you for all your support of Moonflower Yoga in 2017! May 2018 bring you peace, joy, love, and good health! We look forward to seeing you soon.
Come learn something new and have fun in a great workshop, event or training session!
We have an amazing array of interesting workshops and events from which you choose! Below is a quick snapshot summary of these very fun activities, and you can discover more info on the “Workshops” or “Events” tabs. You can register for any of these great activities by selecting the activity that you would like to attend on the “Schedule” tab above and following the simple registration and payment steps:
- Women’s Gathering (Reading of BENDING TO BEAUTY with author Dian Zirilli Mares): Saturday, December 9th, 1:30 PM – 3 PM: CANCELLED DUE TO SNOW! This will be rescheduled in 2018.
- Moonflower Yoga Needle Arts Group: Sunday, December 10th, 4:30 PM – 6 PM: Come join our fun group and learn how to do basic crocheting and knitting! Newcomers, as well as people experienced in knitting & crochet, are welcome. Discover the meditative quality of needle arts!
- Moonflower Yoga Book Club Holiday “Pot Luck” celebration: Sunday, December 17th, 430 PM – 6 PM: Join the members of the Moonflower Yoga Book Club for a fun holiday celebration! Please bring a food item with you to share for this event. Click on the “Events” tab for additional info. All are welcome.
- Special children’s yoga class and book signing of Math + Yoga = No Way! with Lucia Magnoli and Betty Lynn Tims: Friday, December 29th (10 AM – 11 AM -or- 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM): Children will love this great yoga class where they learn basic yoga poses plus meditation and relaxation tools to help them cope. Author Lucia Magnoli & Betty Lynn Tims will also take the children on a journey with Math + Yoga = No Way where children will learn geometry through yoga. Books will be available for sale and Lucia & Betty Lynn are available to sign the purchased books.
- Moonflower Yoga Mah Jongg Club: Saturday, January 6th, 2 PM – 3:30 PM: Have a blast with us playing Mah Jongg! Newcomers are welcome, as well as experienced players willing to work with newcomers. Please click on the “Events” tab for additional info.
- Goal setting and vision board workshop (Nancy and Chris): Sunday, January 7th, 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM: Start your new year in a positive way! Learn how to make YOUR dreams come true in this interesting workshop. After a goal-setting exercise, you will have fun creating a vision board to capture your goal. We supply all materials. Great way to begin the year.
- The Wisdom of Dreams workshop (Liza Johnson): Friday, January 12th, 7 PM – 830 PM: Author Liza Johnson brings us an intriguing evening! You will be introduced to a method of understanding the language of dreams and how to interpret them. You will have an opportunity to share a dream and learn from others. Fascinating night you’ll want to catch!
- Reiki Level Two training: Saturday, January 20th, 1 PM – 5:30 PM: Further explore Reiki in this Reiki Level Two training, open to anyone who successfully completed Reiki Level One. Learn the first 3 symbols of Reiki including the distance symbol to send healing energy to someone who is not in the same room as you.
- Moonflower Yoga Book Club: Sunday, January 21st, 4:30 PM – 6 PM: Take a journey with a great book and join us! Fabulous way to learn something new, have fun & meet new people. As there is a 2-month meeting gap between book discussion meetings, we will be discussing TWO books for this January meeting: THE ADDRESS and BEFORE WE WERE YOUNG. Click on the “Events” tab for more info. All are welcome to read one or two of these books and join us! Newcomers welcome.
- Reiki Level One training: Saturday, February 10th, 1-5 PM: Come learn the basics of Reiki and receive a Reiki Level One certification. Discover the healing energies of Reiki and why leading medical institutions now offer Reiki as an alternative therapy. Book early as this sells out quickly!
Stay tuned! More exciting workshops and events will be added to the schedule shortly!
SPECIAL HOLIDAY OFFER!! Give the gift of good health – and receive a FREE BONUS CLASS OR MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT !
Not sure what to purchase someone for the holidays? Give the gift of good health!! A Moonflower Yoga gift certificate has a one-year expiration, and can be used for classes and workshops between now and December 31, 2018. The gift certificate can be in any amount or for a specific number of classes.
If you purchase a $100 gift certificate between now and December 31, 2017, you will receive a FREE bonus class redeemable any time in the next year. You can keep the free bonus class for yourself or give the free bonus class to the recipient of the gift certificate. Or you can choose to receive 10% off of a one-time purchase of merchandise at the studio. Discover the wonder of yoga or have fun in one of our intriguing workshops or events! Stop by the Moonflower Yoga studio to purchase your gift certificate which comes in a lovely gift bag – all ready to go! If you are out of town or cannot get to the Moonflower Yoga studio, a gift certificate can be sent to you by email; call the Moonflower Yoga studio at (516) 557-2206 to make your purchase. We can also email a gift certificate directly to the recipient as a special surprise. Purchase yours today!
TOYS FOR TOTS campaign at Moonflower Yoga: now through mid-December – Please donate!
During this holiday season, Moonflower Yoga is once again trying to help those who are in need. For the 6th year, we are working with the Bellmore Chamber of Commerce and the US Marines in their “Toys for Tots” campaign. There are many children from families that are financially struggling who will not receive a holiday gift this year. Let’s bring joy to a needy child this year!! Please donate a new, unwrapped toy to this wonderful cause. Donations can be dropped off at the Moonflower Yoga studio through early-mid December. Last year, we collected 200 toys with your help – more than any other business in Bellmore (see the picture to the left from last year’s toy drive). Whatever you can donate this year is very much appreciated. Thank you for your generous support and for bringing a smile to the face of a needy child this holiday season!
Great cold weather accessory! Super-soft fleece hoodies on sale!
Need to stay warm on a cool morning or evening? Come try one of our very soft, full zip, fleece hoodies. Each one is hand embroidered in Bellmore. They will take out the chill of the day or night & are machine wash/dry. And for a limited time, these beautiful fleece hoodies are on sale for a special price of $35 each. They come in purple or royal blue and are a great gift! Stop by the Moonflower Yoga studio to pick up yours today!
A beautiful baby is on its way for Moonflower Yoga teacher, Jessica Saraswati!
Jessica and her husband, Fabrizio, are expecting their first child in early February! Jessica plans to teach her usual Tuesday classes through the month of December. As of January, Jessica will be on maternity leave and plans to return in the spring. While Jessica is on maternity leave, her Tuesday 5 PM Yoga Basics class and 615 PM Move and Stretch class will be taught by Jackie Lee (see the information below on Jackie Lee). Jessica’s 915 AM Morning Movement and Meditation class on Tuesday morning will be taught by Danielle Meill who began her yoga practice at Moonflower Yoga and has taken the journey to become a yoga teacher. We are excited to have both Jackie and Danielle on the Moonflower Yoga roster, and they will do a great job filling in for Jessica while she’s away. Stay tuned to this page for further news about the arrival of Jessica baby in February!
Meet Moonflower Yoga’s 2 newest teachers: Rose Edelman and Jackie Lee!
Rose Edelman: Rose Edelman is a RYT200 yoga teacher. She emphasizes proper alignment, safety and comfortability for students during each class. Rose has a passion for working with others to help create an empowering, inspiring environment for enrichment and self-discovery. Her goal is to help people use lifestyle tools on and off the mat. Her background as a plant-based, whole foods chef and graduate studies in health psychology, both influence her knowledge of the mind-body-spirit approach in working with student. Rose teaches Beginner Yoga Fundamentals on Mondays at 430 PM and is also a substitute teacher for other classes.
Jacqueline Lee: Jacqueline Lee is a 200-hour registered Hatha yoga teacher, Reiki practitioner and writer. Through the help of her mom, Jacqueline was introduced to yoga. The peaceful state that yoga provided her resonated so deeply and changed her outlook not only of herself, but the world at large. In order to share this healing light with others, she decided to deepen her practice and become a yoga teacher. She completed her yoga teacher training on Long Island in 2015. Jacqueline truly feels that through yoga, we are able to be in the present moment long enough to make that powerful mind body connection with our true authentic self. It is here that we can turn our attention inward in order to heal, grow, learn, and ultimately love ourselves, and others fully. Jacqueline Lee joins the Moonflower Yoga staff in January of 2018 as she teaches Jessica Saraswati’s Yoga Basics and Move & Stretch classes on Tuesdays while Jessica is on maternity leave.
Beautiful aromatherapy jewelry from Aspiring Artists of the Earth (AAOTE) is now sold at Moonflower Yoga:
Moonflower Yoga is proud to be a distributor for beautiful AAOTE jewelry. AAOTE makes lovely aromatherapy necklaces, bracelets, and earrings on which you can dispense your favorite essential oil and then enjoy the fragrance of essential oils on your jewelry. You can choose from lava bead necklaces and earrings, carved wood necklaces and bracelets, lovely medallion necklaces, and car diffusers. All pieces come with crystal beads. Stop by the Moonflower Yoga studio to purchase yours today! They are great for yourself or for someone else in your life. No item is more than $25, so they make an affordable gift.
Check out Moonflower Yoga on longislandforsale.com!:
Moonflower Yoga is proud to announce that Long Island for Sale has written a great piece on Moonflower Yoga. Here is the link to read the article, and if you are looking for a home in the Long Island area, Long Island for Sale can help you:
Earn a FREE yoga class for yourself with this special December offer!:
Here is a great opportunity for you to receive a FREE yoga class at Moonflower Yoga! As our thanks for referring a NEW student to Moonflower Yoga, we will give you a FREE yoga class as our thanks if that new student purchases a December, 2017 monthly class package. It is a wonderful way for you to enjoy a free spot in one of your favorite yoga classes or explore a new yoga class that you haven’t tried before. And, for your friend, it is a fabulous way to stretch, feel great, meet new people, and cope with the upcoming holiday craziness. See Nancy at the Moonflower Yoga studio for further info.
Come try our relaxing “Stress-Buster” series of classes (Tuesdays at 7:30 PM):
Life has many challenges that create stress. Stress is harmful and leads to conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and more. Reducing your stress can lower your disease risk. This series of classes on Tuesday nights are designed to help you reduce your stress and feel better. You’ll love this great variety of interesting and calming classes!
Here is the remaining December schedule for our Stress-Buster series:
- IET/Angel Healing with Chris: December 12th: Discover the healing angels and how they can bring you inner peace! During these fabulous classes, Chris will cover 1 or 2 of the 9 healing angels. Learn the special healing gifts that each angel brings. Chris will teach you how to call upon the healing angels with a special prayer of invitation and how to use an angelic heart link to connect with the angel’s energy. You will learn the special healing gifts that each angel brings & invite each of the healing angels to support you in your physical, emotional, mental & spiritual journey. This lovely class can bring a profound sense of peace & calm.
- Guided singing bowl meditation with Jessica: December 19th: Jessica has a beautiful collection of brass singing bowls. The sound healing that comes from these singing bowls is amazing, and you will feel very relaxed and de-stressed. Jessica will also provide you with guided meditation while she is playing the singing bowls. You will be on the floor, relaxing with bolsters and pillows for this meditation, or seated in a chair –whichever you prefer. Essential oils will be diffused to further enhance your meditation and enable you to relax.
- Yin and Restore with Theresa : December 26th: Yin Yoga is a more meditative approach to yoga. While most yoga classes focus on shorter held poses to stretch the muscles and heat the body (Yang Yoga), the hallmark of Yin Yoga is the slow paced, deeply held sequence of poses that are precisely timed for 3 to 5 minutes. This enables the body enough time to relax into the postures safely. Most postures are on the floor using the support of props (blankets and bolsters) or the wall, so there is no need to worry about holding a standing pose! Yin Yoga focuses on the connective tissues, tendons, fascia and ligaments with the aim of increasing circulation in the joints and improving flexibility. Bolsters, blocks, blankets as well as other props will be available for your comfort during your practice. Yin yoga is a remarkable and transformative practice. We will finish class with a few meditative restorative postures that will allow complete relaxation of the body and mind. Try this class, and you’ll feel great!
December news and class changes:
- The Inhale Exhale Stretch with Lynn at 10:45 AM on Wednesdays is on hiatus. Instead try Rejuvenate and Stretch with Lynn on Wednesdays in its new time slot of 10 AM.
- There are no classes on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (Dec 24 & 25). Have a wonderful holiday!
- The Radiant Body Yoga class with Stephanie on Sundays at 845 AM is on hiatus for the month of December. Watch for its return in early 2018!
Upcoming January news and class changes:
- The 5 PM Yoga Basics class and 615 PM Move and Stretch class on Tuesday nights will be taught by Jackie Lee, as Jessica is on maternity leave.
- The 915 AM Morning Movement and Meditation class on Tuesday mornings will be taught by Danielle, as Jessica is on maternity leave.
- The 11:15 AM Stretch and Tone class on Saturdays will be taught by Rose Edelman beginning in January.
December class packages:
For the month of December, we are offering THREE class packages from which you can choose. All of these offer a discount over the per-class package price of $21:
– Yoga Lite: Receive 4 classes for $76 ($19 per class)
– Yoga Medium: Receive 6 classes for $108 ($18 per class)
– Yoga Pro: Receive 8 classes for $144 ($18 per class)
All of the above December class packages offer a discount over the per-class price. The discounted classes purchased under the December class package must be used between December 1st and December 31st, 2017. The class package must be purchased at the Moonflower Yoga studio. Please note there are no classes on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (December 24 and 25). Have a wonderful holiday season!
MONTHLY CUSTOMER APPRECIATION GIFT
We appreciate your business! Each month a special gift will be given to the customer who attends the most classes during the calendar month.
The “Prize of the Month” for booking the most classes in the month of October was won by Lois M. Congratulations Lois! Lois won a signature Moonflower Yoga t-shirt. The November contest is underway. Book your class now to enter this month’s contest!