During this period of social distancing, you can join your favorite Moonflower Yoga teachers for an online video class from the comfort of your living room! There are 13 weekly classes from which you can choose!
We are living in a challenging time with the coronavirus outbreak. In order to keep our students and teachers safe, and in keeping with government social distancing requirements, there are no studio classes at the Bellmore Avenue location for Moonflower Yoga until such time as it is safe to reopen the doors.
We are pleased to advise that you can still enjoy a great yoga class with some of your favorite Moonflower Yoga instructors by using the Zoom app! These online classes will be 30-40 minutes in length. Join Moonflower Yoga teachers Nancy, Melinda, Jessica, Theresa, Rose, Samantha, Cathi, Vicky, or Dona Dovie for LIVE yoga or meditation classes! You would join the class from the Zoom app a few minutes before the scheduled class time, and then roll out your mat in your living room and join the class in action. Click on the “Schedule” tab above to see a listing of the online classes. The online classes will have the phrase “(ONLINE CLASS)” next to the class title. And Moonflower Yoga teacher Lynn is offering wonderful videos which you can download and view from your living room using the Zoom app.
Here is how these online classes will work:
– You need to download the free Zoom app. You can download it to your computer or a mobile device, whichever you prefer. A desktop or laptop screen is usually easier to see because it is larger.
– The cost of a 30-40 minute online class for those people who do NOT have Moonflower Yoga class packages or credits will be $11 per class. You would select the online class you would like to attend from the Schedule tab above and follow the simple registration and payment steps via PayPal. You must register for this class no later than 60 minutes before class time or 90 minutes before class time if Nancy is teaching the class. After you have purchased the class, Nancy will then send you a Zoom meeting invitation link. This invitation email is important because you will need this invitation and the hyperlink contained in the invitation in order to join the class.
– For those who have an existing Moonflower Yoga class package with unused classes, you will receive TWO online class credits for each 60-minute class credit that you have. So, for example, if you have two March 60-minute class credits, this would entitle you to take 4 online classes of 30 minutes in duration. You do NOT register via PayPal. Instead, you would decide on the class you would like to attend, and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to advise Nancy of your wish to attend that class. You must send this email confirmation at least 60 minutes before class time or 90 minutes before class time if Nancy is teaching the class. Nancy will then send you an online confirmation as well as a Zoom meeting invitation link. When you receive these invitations, your credit is complete, and NO re-bookings or refunds are permitted.
Further important information on working with Zoom to attend and enjoy your class:
– Approximately 10-15 meetings before the scheduled class time, you should double click on the “Join Zoom Meeting” hyperlink in your Zoom email invitation. This is an important step because it brings you into the “class room” setting. Select “start audio” once you are in the room. Click on anything that is red with a line through it (a microphone, a camera) to deactivate these locks so you can hear audio and see the “class room” setting. You can deactivate these by touching that lock with your finger if you’re using a mobile device or clicking on these red locks with your mouse.
– If you’re using a mobile device to log into the class approximately 15 minutes before class time, you may need to take the extra step of scrolling to the “show all notes” screen. Double click on this and then select join meeting, and you’re ready to join the class! As mentioned above, you may also need to deactivate anything with a red line through it such as a microphone and a camera by touching it with your finger.
– In the period of time after you join the class and before the class begins, you will have an opportunity to chat with the other attendees. It is a great way to reconnect with people you have met through Moonflower Yoga!
– Once the class is ready to begin, you will be “muted out” so that only the instructor can be heard. Just follow along and enjoy the class.
– Remember to always listen to your body and only move in a way that feels right for you. You may wish to have a blanket or towel or pillow near your yoga mat for use during the class. If you have a yoga block that might be helpful for certain poses. If you have a yoga strap, have that handy. If you do not have a yoga strap, a bathrobe tie, an unused men’s tie, or a large rolled blanket could be substituted.
– At the end of the class, you can “unmute” yourself and ask questions or provide feedback.
It is important to take care of ourselves during this challenging time. The practice of yoga and meditation can help you do that! We can still stay connected as the Moonflower Yoga community, even if it is remotely. I hope you will take just 30-40 minutes FOR YOU and enjoy some steps to help you relax, stretch tight muscles, and feel better.
Here is a list of the 30-40 minute online classes:
– Sunday: Beginner Yoga with Nancy at 11 AM.
– Monday: Hatha Yoga for Beginners with Samantha at 5:15 PM (NEW!) (see below), Relax and De-Stress with Guided Meditation with Cathi at 7 PM (NEW date and time!)
– Tuesday: Yoga Strengthen and Stretch with Samantha at 9:30 AM. Chair Yoga with Nancy at 12 noon, 6 PM Yoga Basics with Melinda.
– Wednesday: Awaken the Subtle Body yoga class with Theresa at 10 AM, Breathe, Stretch and Relax with Vicky at 5:15 PM (NEW!) (see below), Slow Flow and Singing Bowls with Jessica at 7 PM.
– Thursday: Stretch and Flow class with Nancy at 10:15 AM, Stretch, Meditate and Relax class with Melinda at 7 PM.
– Friday: Friday Stretch with Rose (RETURNING FOR JUNE! – see below); Chair Yoga with Vicky at 11:30 AM.
– Saturday: Saturday Flow INTERMEDIATE class with Nancy at 10:15 AM.
We look forward to connecting with you online!
Rose returns to the teaching schedule in June! Join her for an online Friday Stretch class at 10 AM starting June 5!
Looking for a great, late morning, beginner yoga class on Fridays? Come try Friday Stretch – perfect for all fitness levels. In this class, taught in a yin yoga style, you will do stretching postures on the ground so you can deeply relax into the posture. This will help you increase your flexibility and strength. It is also a wonderful way to release stress from the week and get you ready for a fabulous weekend! Please have a pillow or folded blanket available for the class. If you have a yoga strap, that would be helpful. If you do not have a yoga strap, please have a bathrobe tie, an unused men’s tie, or a rolled blanket. If you have a yoga block, have this handy as well.
Breathe, Stretch, and Relax with Vicky (NEW online class!) (B) – Wednesdays at 5:15 PM starting June 10th
Come join Vicky for this great NEW class! Yoga is a combination of movement and breathing techniques. You need to breathe deeply in order to comfortably stretch. When we are stressed, our breathing becomes shallow. Vicky will lead you through some pranayama breathing techniques to help you breathe more deeply which releases tension in the body as well as improves your yoga practice. This great yoga class will also include beginner-level yoga postures to help you increase your flexibility and strength which releases muscle tension. It will end with a few minutes of quiet relaxation to help you get ready for a great night ahead. Come give it a try!
Hatha Yoga for Beginners with Samantha (NEW online class!) – Mondays at 5:15 PM beginning June 8th
Join Samantha for Hatha yoga; a class designed for all levels, including beginners! Samantha will guide you through a series of fundamental yoga poses to stretch your muscles; release muscle tension from the day; and improve strength, flexibility, and balance. Hatha is the traditional practice of yoga, and will prepare you for any other style of yoga you might want to try. Please note this is not “hot” yoga. Samantha looks forward to seeing you in class!
NEW DATE AND TIME! Relax and De-Stress with Guided Meditation (Cathi) (ONLINE CLASS) (B) – now on Mondays at 7 PM:
Come explore the wonders of meditation! Doctors all recommend meditation as a tool to help you relax, de-stress, and allow you to feel better. Meditation is available to everyone. Cathi Nashak will lead you into a guided meditation in this lovely class which you can do from your living room while seated in a chair, or sitting on the ground, or reclining on the floor of your home, whichever is most comfortable for you. If you are doing this from the floor, you may want to have a blanket or towel nearby to use as a prop to support your body. NO previous meditation experience is needed to join us. All are welcome.
Curbside pickup at the studio is now available!
Curbside pickup at the studio is available for some items you may need for your home practice. How about a beautiful Hugger Mugger yoga mat? Hugger Mugger Tapas yoga mats, which Moonflower Yoga sells, were just rated one of the top 3 best yoga mats in the US (see further info below). They are very durable and last for years if you keep it safely in your house and not in your car or garage. With each new yoga mat purchased through June 30th, you will receive a FREE Moonflower Yoga mat bag to store your new mat. We also have a couple of yoga blocks and stretch out straps for your home practice which are available for purchase. Or you can purchase a lovely, relaxing Young Living essential oil. Could you use a bottle of favorite Stress Away right now? Lavender essential oil for relaxation? Just let Nancy know which items you would like to purchase, and she will arrange for a cashless online purchase and a curbside delivery to your car from the studio.
NEW YOGA MATS HAVE ARRIVED!
Improve your yoga practice with a new yoga mat from Hugger Mugger! Hugger Mugger is a leading yoga supplier, and all their products are made in the USA. They have been rated one of the top 3 best yoga mats in the country. The new mats come in many lovely colors and different weights. Some are very lightweight, yet still well-padded and sticky so you feel comfortable support while you practice your classes. For a limited time, as a special treat, if you purchase a new yoga mat at Moonflower Yoga, you receive a FREE Moonflower Yoga mat bag. While the studio doors are closed, curbside pick up is available if you wish to purchase a yoga mat.
New Purple Signature T-Shirts have arrived!
New Moonflower Yoga PURPLE short-sleeve t-shirts are available for purchase and curbside pickup! These super comfy, short sleeve shirts are from the same product line as the popular tunic shirts that you have come to love. The new shirts are easy care and in the perfect shade of purple! The bottom is a shirt-tale finish, and the neckline is rounded. They are super soft! The sizing would be the same as for the long-sleeve tunic shirts. We also have short-sleeve signature t-shirts from the same company in the soft tunic style you love in 2 colors: medium blue and turquoise. If you would like a heftier summer shirt, there are v-neck, signature short-sleeved cotton blend shirts in WHITE from Gildan’s Soft Style line available for purchase. Through the month of June, all of these summer shirts are on sale for just $20 each plus tax.
Come learn something new and have fun in a great upcoming workshop, event or training session!
Moonflower Yoga has an amazing array of interesting workshops and events from which you choose! People from Bellmore-Merrick-Wantagh-East Meadow-Seaford and other parts of Long Island have been registering, and we hope to see you too. Below is a quick snapshot summary of these very fun activities, and you can discover more info on the “Workshops” or “Events” tabs. You can register for any of these great activities by selecting the activity that you would like to attend on the “Schedule” tab above and following the simple registration and payment steps.
- In the Kitchen with Bob! (A live vegan cooking demo using Zoom): Sunday, June 7th, 4:30 PM – 6 PM; Join Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy, and her husband, Bob, for a LIVE, interactive cooking workshop from their kitchen! Bob will make a delicious vegan appetizer and a vegan main course dinner. We will supply you with the recipes in advance of the workshop so you can cook along with us from your own kitchen. You’ll then have a delicious dinner to eat when done! If you prefer to just watch the preparation and cooking, that’s fine too. As this is interactive, you can ask questions and have fun with us. Come join us for a yummy workshop!
- Moonflower Yoga Book Club (online meeting): Sunday, June 28th, 4:30 PM – 6 PM: Take a journey with a great book while having fun and making new friends! For our next meeting, we will be reading TWO books “The Five People You Meet in Heaven” and “City of Girls”. All are welcome to read these books and join us. Click on the “Clubs” tab above for more info on the book.
- A Gathering for Self-Realization and Meditation with Chandresh (an EXCLUSIVE series for Moonflower Yoga!): You just missed a session – Stay tuned for the online return date of this gerat series! This is a signature meditation and workshop series by Chandresh Bhardwaj prepared exclusively for the community of Moonflower Yoga! In each workshop, Chandresh brings up topics that are relatable, urgent, and important for one’s spiritual and life growth. As the seventh generation spiritual teacher, Chandresh combines the ancient wisdom traditions with modern, accessible lessons for eternal happiness. Always packed with stories, humor, and life-altering teachings, this workshop is perfect for those who are ready to bring more love, courage, and bliss in their life. Each workshop starts with a talk by Chandresh followed by guided meditation and Q&A with the students.
- Yoga Nidra (Yogic Sleep and Deep Meditation) with Jackie Lee (NEW!): Was scheduled for Friday, April 3rd, 7 PM – 8 PM: a new date will be announced soon: Feeling stressed? Join Jackie Lee for this relaxing evening! Yoga Nidra, known as yogic sleep, is a deep meditation used to promote physical, mental, and emotional relaxation. You will relax on the ground with props to support you as you are led through a deep guided meditation. You can also set your Sankalpa (heart-felt intention) for April. Book early as space is very limited.
The following workshops, Reiki training sessions and Club dates have been postponed due to coronavirus. They will be added back to the schedule when it is safe to host them again at the Moonflower Yoga studio in Bellmore:
– Reiki Level One training
– Reiki Level Two training
– Reiki Level 3/Master Practitioner training
– Reiki Healing Circles
– Moonflower Yoga Mah Jongg Club
– Moonflower Yoga Canasta Club
– Mandala Pendant Necklace workshop with Carol Procopio
– Chakra Spring Cleanse and Energy Bracelet workshop with Lynn Pieroni
– Breathe Into the Spine for your Health workshop with Theresa Mariano Doyle
Moonflower Yoga is featured on News 12 Long Island!
Moonflower Yoga was selected by News 12 Long Island for a story in conjunction with Heart Health Month in February. Shari Einhorn of News 12 Long Island was at the Moonflower Yoga studio to film the piece, and we think it came out great! We are very excited that Moonflower Yoga was the featured Long Island New York yoga studio for this important topic. Here is the link to the News 12 Long Island piece:
Studio yoga classes (currently suspended due to coronavirus; try a great online yoga class with us instead – see above):
When things are back to normal when the coronavirus threat has passed, and Moonflower Yoga can safely reopen its doors to in-person studio classes, come try one of our great studio yoga or meditation classes! In the interim, we have a fabulous schedule of 30-minute ONLINE yoga and meditation classes via Zoom, many of which are 30-minute versions of the studio classes. Scroll up for further info regarding the online classes. All the classes, whether in person or online, can help you become stronger, more flexible and to relax! Beginners are always welcome at Moonflower Yoga, in addition to practitioners with yoga experience. Or come try one of our fun “Clubs”: the Moonflower Yoga Book Club, the Moonflower Yoga Mah Jongg Club, the Moonflower Yoga Canasta Club, the Moonflower Yoga Needle Arts Group, or the Moonflower Yoga Women’s Gathering Group.
With Moonflower Yoga’s small-class setting, it is a great place to practice, as our instructors pay attention to you. If it has been a while since you exercised regularly, we have a fabulous array of beginner yoga classes which are a perfect place to start.
Moonflower Yoga has beginner-level yoga classes EVERY DAY from which you can choose.
Which studio yoga classes are best for YOU?
If you are not sure which studio yoga classes might be good for beginners, or which yoga classes are intermediate level, here is a quick listing with additional information for each class on the “Descriptions” tab above.
There are NO membership agreements, NO membership fees, NO recurring credit card charges at Moonflower Yoga. You can simply register for a single, great yoga class by double clicking on the class/date you would like to attend from the Schedule tab and following the simple registration and payment steps, and you are all set!
Here are some great studio classes to consider:
BEGINNER-LEVEL YOGA CLASS SUGGESTIONS (Also look for the “B” symbol next to the class title on the Schedule tab):
- Saturday: 8:30 AM Beginner, 11:15 AM Weekend Beginner Stretch with Vicky
- Sunday: 9:45 AM Beginner, 11:15 AM Kundalini w/Lori
- Monday: 4:30 PM Beginner Yoga Fundamentals, 6 PM Pilates Strengthen and Stretch, 7:30 PM Candlelight Restorative (alternate Mondays)
- Tuesday: 9:30 AM Yoga Strengthen and Stretch with Samantha (NEW!), 11 AM Chair Yoga with Nancy, 5 PM Yoga Basics, 6:15 PM Tuesday Stretch and Relax, or the 7:30 PM Stress-Buster series of classes (see below for the upcoming offerings)
- Wednesday: 4:45 PM Wall and Chair: A Supported Sequence, 6:00 PM Chair Body Stretch with Meditation/Reiki , 7:30 PM Slow Flow & Singing Bowls with Jessica (alternate Weds.) or 7:30 PM Yin Yang Yoga class (alternate Weds.)
- Thursday: 10 AM Stretch & Flow, 11:30 AM Chair Yoga with Lynn, 4:30 PM Stretch and Meditate 101, 6:15 PM Kundalini, or 7:45 PM Evening Stretch and Relaxing Restorative Yoga
- Friday: 10 AM Friday Stretch, 11:30 AM Chair Yoga Stretch class with Jeannine
Are you an experienced yoga student looking for a fabulous, energetic yoga class? Try one of these great yoga classes to get your juices flowing & start you on the road to a toner and stronger you for the summer:
INTERMEDIATE-LEVEL YOGA CLASS SUGGESTIONS (look for the “I” symbol next to the class title on the Schedule tab):
- Saturday: 10 AM Saturday Flow
- Monday: 7:30 PM Stretch Intense, and Restore (alternate Mondays – check schedule)
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM Rejuvenate and Stretch
Moonflower Yoga also offers Reiki training when the studio doors are open for business. Reiki is a wonderful system for stress reduction & relaxation. It is being offered by major hospitals as an alternative therapy. Discover how it can help YOU too! Learn more about Reiki from the “Reiki” tab above.
Check out Moonflower Yoga on longislandforsale.com!:
Moonflower Yoga is proud to announce that Long Island for Sale has written a great piece on Moonflower Yoga. Here is the link to read the article, and if you are looking for a home in the Long Island area, Long Island for Sale can help you:
LONG ISLAND CARES – donations will resume when the studio doors reopen.
Through the generous support of so many in the Moonflower Yoga community, we collected approximately 400 lbs. of food and personal care items in the last year. THANK YOU! Sadly many people on Long Island cannot afford food or personal care items and your donations help them. Some of the things that are most in need are those items that are not covered by food stamps, particularly pet food, diapers, shampoo, soap, feminine hygiene products, etc., as food stamps only cover food items. At the moment, what Long Island Cares mostly needs is DOG and CAT FOOD. Whatever items you can donate are much appreciated. These can be dropped off at the Moonflower Yoga studio, and we will take the items to Long Island Cares. Thank you!
June class changes:
- Studio classes and workshops are cancelled through the end of June due to the coronavirus situation. The studio classes are being replaced with online yoga and meditation classes. There are also online workshops and Club dates. Scroll up for further info regarding the online yoga offerings and how this program works.
- Rose returns to the online teaching schedule for the month of June with her fabulous 10 AM Friday Stretch class starting June 5th.
- The Relax and De-Stress with Guided Meditation class with Cathi moves from Wednesday at 5 PM to Monday at 7 PM in June.
- A new online class is added to the Wednesday class schedule. Come check out “Breathe, Stretch and Relax” with Vicky on Wednesdays at 5:15 PM. See the further description above.
- A new online class is added to the Monday class schedule. Come explore “Hatha Yoga for Beginners” with Samantha at 5:15 PM. See the further description above.
MONTHLY CUSTOMER APPRECIATION GIFT
We appreciate your business! Each month a special gift will be given to the customer who attends the most classes during the calendar month.
The most recent “Prize of the Month” for booking the most classes in the month was won by Leslie. Congratulations Leslie! Leslie won a bottle of Purification essential oil from Young Living.