Summer has arrived! For many, it is vacation time, and maybe you have a few days of “stay-cation” time planned this summer. This is a great opportunity to try MORNING yoga classes. It is a fantastic way to start your day and feel great, and it provides you with the opportunity to have the rest of the day to enjoy other activities. We have a fabulous variety of eleven amazing morning classes from which you can choose! Come enjoy a wonderful morning class & then head to the beach for a fun summer day.
Which classes are best for YOU?
If you are not sure which classes might be good for beginners, or which classes are intermediate level, here is a quick listing with additional information for each class on the “Descriptions” tab above.
You can register for any available class from the “Schedule” tab above. Just double click on the date for the class which you to attend and then follow the simple registration & payment steps and you are all set! Here are some great classes to consider:
BEGINNER-LEVEL YOGA CLASS SUGGESTIONS (Also look for the “B” symbol next to the class title on the Schedule tab):
- Saturday: 8:30 AM Beginner, 11:15 AM Strengthen & Stretch
- Sunday: 9:45 AM Beginner, 11:15 AM Kundalini w/Lori
- Monday: 4:30 PM Beginner Yoga Fundamentals, 6 PM Beginner Stretch, 7:30 PM Candlelight Restorative (alternate Mondays)
- Tuesday: 9:15 AM Morning Movement & Meditation, 11 AM Chair Yoga with Nancy, 5 PM Yoga Basics, or the 7:30 PM Stress-Buster series of classes
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM Rejuvenate and Stretch, 4:45 PM Wall and Chair: A Supported Sequence, 7:45 PM Gentle Yoga Stretch.
- Thursday: 10 AM Stretch & Flow, 11:30 AM Chair Yoga with Lynn, 4:45 PM Stretch and Meditate 101, 6:15 PM Kundalini with Cathi, or 7:45 PM Unwind & Relax.
- Friday: 10 AM Friday Stretch
Are you an experienced yoga student looking for a fabulous, energetic yoga class? Try one of these great yoga classes to get your juices flowing & start you on the road to a toner and stronger you for the summer:
INTERMEDIATE-LEVEL YOGA CLASS SUGGESTIONS (look for the “I” symbol next to the class title on the Schedule tab):
- Saturday: 10 AM Saturday Flow with Nancy
- Monday: 7:30 PM Stretch Intense, and Restore with Danielle (alternate Mondays – check schedule)
- Tuesday: 6:15 PM Move and Stretch
- Wednesday: 6:15 PM Balance and Tone with Lynn
Featured class for August:
Fridays at 10 AM with Rose
Would you like a great, late morning, beginner yoga class on Fridays? Come try Friday Stretch – perfect for all fitness levels. In this class, taught in a yin yoga style, you will do stretching postures on the ground with the assistance of props such as bolsters, blankets, pillows, and blocks to allow you to deeply relax into the posture. This will help you increase your flexibility and strength. It is also a wonderful way to release stress from the week and get you ready for a fabulous weekend!
You’ll love this great class and have a terrific start to your weekend!
BOOK NOW! You can register for this class in person at the Moonflower Yoga studio or by selecting this class from the Schedule tab above and following the simple registration and payment steps. Alternatively try adding this great class to your monthly class package!
Special August yoga class to help release muscle tension and distress (Dona Squires)
Date: Tuesday, August 21st from 5-6 PM; plus from 6:15 PM-7:15 PM
Join Dona Squires, 500RYT and Certified Yin Yoga Teacher, for this very special yoga class designed to help release muscle tension. Learn a series of exercises that assist the body in releasing deep muscular patterns of stress, tension and trauma. These exercises activate a natural reflex mechanism of shaking that help in calming down the nervous system. When this muscular shaking mechanism is activated, the body is encouraged to return to a state of balance. After doing the exercises, many people report feelings of peace and well-being. Class ends with a quiet meditation and savasana (relaxation pose on the ground). Come give this unique class on the schedule a try!
Book now! You can reserve your spot to this very special class by clicking on the Schedule tab above and selecting this class from the August calendar. Just follow the simple payment and registration steps and you’re all set!
You love Kundalini Yoga on Sundays at 11:15 AM with Lori Pappas.
Now you can join Cathi Nashak for Kundalini Yoga on Thursdays at 6:15 PM!!
Come explore Kundalini Yoga on Thursday nights with Cathi Nashak! Known for its ability to promote health, creativity & spiritual awareness, Kundalini Yoga combines physical exercise, breathing techniques, mantra (chanting) & meditation. This lovely practice caters to both beginners and advanced yogis. In the words of Yogi Bhajan “There is nothing outside of us. It’s all in us.” Give this great class a try!
About Cathi Nashak: Cathi has been teaching great yoga classes at Moonflower Yoga as part of our Tuesday stress-buster series, including a Kundalini meditation & gong class. She is a Registered Yoga Teacher under Yoga Alliance guidelines, and she also successfully completed and received her Kundalini teaching certification from IKYTA, the International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association. Cathi is a certified Usui Reiki Master Practitioner since 2014. Moonflower Yoga is very pleased to have Cathi offer a wonderful Kundalini class on Thursday, in addition to the Tuesday night classes she teaches.
If you cannot join Cathi on Thursday or Tuesday nights, please note that Moonflower Yoga continues to offer a great Kundalini yoga class on Sunday mornings at 11:15 AM with Lori Pappas. Lori Pappas also teaches a wonderful harp and gong workshop every other month on a Friday night; click on the Workshop tab above for the next date.
Hope you can join us for a fascinating Kundalini yoga class or workshop at Moonflower Yoga!
Join Danielle Meill for this great class starting in September!
YOGA BASICS (Tuesdays at 5 PM)
Come try this fabulous class with Danielle, designed to provide you with a deeper understanding about the basics of yoga! Yoga is a moving meditation that focuses on linking the movements of the body with the breath. This class will focus on some key poses that stretch and strengthen various parts of the body while creating a feeling on peace and calm. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned practitioner, this class will allow you to take your practice to the next level!
Book now! You can reserve your spot to this class by clicking on the Schedule tab above and selecting this class from the September calendar. Just follow the simple payment and registration steps and you’re all set!
Come learn something new and have fun in a great workshop, event or training session!
Moonflower Yoga has an amazing array of interesting workshops and events from which you choose! People from Bellmore-Merrick-Wantagh-East Meadow-Seaford and other parts of Long Island have been registering, and we hope to see you too. Below is a quick snapshot summary of these very fun activities, and you can discover more info on the “Workshops” or “Events” tabs. You can register for any of these great activities by selecting the activity that you would like to attend on the “Schedule” tab above and following the simple registration and payment steps:
- Reiki Healing Circle: Friday, August 17th, 6:30 PM – 8 PM – SOLD OUT – try September 21st: Come discover Reiki and why leading medical institutions are offering Reiki as an alternative therapy. Each person has an opportunity to receive a beautiful, relaxing Reiki session while comfortably reclining. NO prior Reiki experience needed. Very relaxing!
- Moonflower Yoga Mah Jongg Club: Saturday, August 18th, 2 PM – 3:30 PM: Come join for some fun hands of Mah Jongg! Newcomers, as well as experienced players willing to work with newcomers, are welcome. Click on the “Events” tab for additional information.
- Moonflower Yoga Book Club: FRIDAY, August 24h, 7 PM – 830 PM: Take a journey with a great book and join us! Fabulous way to learn something new, have fun & meet new people. For our next meeting, we will be discussing THE BREAKDOWN by B.A. Paris. Click on the “Events” tab above for details. All are welcome to read this book & join us.
- Reiki Level One training; Saturday, September 8th, 1:15 PM – 5:45 PM – only one spot open – book now! Come and learn the basics of Reiki in this wonderful training session and receive a Reiki Level One certification. By the end of the training, you will be able to do basic Reiki on yourself as well as others. Space is very limited to give you personal attention in the training – book early as it sells out quickly!
- Drumming Alive! Yoga Drum Infusion Embodiment Workshop with James Fleischmann and Teela Hammell: Friday, September 14th, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM – only 3 spots open; book now!: Join James and Teela for a fun and fascinating evening of yoga fusion and drums. Click on the Workshop tab for additional info.
- Moonflower Yoga Yoga Needle Arts Group: SUNDAY, September 16th, 4:30 PM – 6 PM: Come join our fun group and learn how to do basic crocheting and knitting! Newcomers, as well as people experienced in knitting and crocheting, are welcome. Discover the meditative quality of needle arts!
- Reiki Healing Circle: Friday, September 21st, 6:30 PM – 8 PM: Come discover Reiki and why leading medical institutions are offering Reiki as an alternative therapy. Each person has an opportunity to receive a beautiful, relaxing Reiki session while comfortably reclining. NO prior Reiki experience needed. Very relaxing!
- Harp and Gong Sound Healing with Lori Pappas: Friday, September 28th, 6:30 PM – 8 PM. Join us for a wonderful evening as Lori plays her beautiful new harp, as well as her gong, for a lovely sound bath. This will also include light Kundalini yoga movement, mantra (chanting) & meditation. Great way to de-stress! Book early as previous sessions have sold out!
- Moonflower Yoga Mah Jongg Club: Saturday, October 6th, 2 PM – 3:30 PM: Come join for some fun hands of Mah Jongg! Newcomers, as well as experienced players willing to work with newcomers, are welcome. Click on the “Events” tab for additional information.
- Discover Astrology workshop with Betty Steele: Friday, October 12th and Friday, October 19th (2-part workshop), 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM – only 3 spots open – book now!: Come discover fascinating aspects of astrology including the history, the elements & modes, deeper understanding of the zodiac signs, and much more! Your birth chart will be prepared. Click on the “Workshop” tab for additional info.
- Reiki Level Two training: Saturday, October 13th, 1:15 PM – 5:45 PM – Book early! Our previous sessions sold out and space is limited. Further explore Reiki in this Reiki Level Two training, open to anyone who successfully completed Reiki Level One. Learn the first 3 symbols of Reiki including the distance symbol to send healing energy to someone who is not in the same room as you. This training session will be done by Nancy Weshkoff, Owner of Moonflower Yoga and Reiki Master Teacher.
- Reiki Level Three Master Practitioner training: Saturday, October 27th: This is open to anyone who has successfully completed Levels One and Two. Learn the final 3 symbols of Reiki and receive 4 additional attunements. Take your training to the Master level!
- STAY TUNED! We are planning more great workshops and events for the coming months!
Check out Moonflower Yoga on longislandforsale.com!:
Moonflower Yoga is proud to announce that Long Island for Sale has written a great piece on Moonflower Yoga. Here is the link to read the article, and if you are looking for a home in the Long Island area, Long Island for Sale can help you:
Come try our relaxing “Stress-Buster” series of classes (Tuesdays at 7:30 PM):
Life has many challenges that create stress. Stress is harmful and leads to conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and more. Reducing your stress can lower your disease risk. This series of classes on Tuesday nights are designed to help you reduce your stress and feel better. You’ll love this great variety of interesting and calming classes!
Here is the remaining August and upcoming September schedule for our Stress-Buster series:
- Less Stress meditation with Cathi: August 21st: In this fabulous session, try a “Less Stress” Meditation with Cathi! Enjoy tranquility of body and mind through guided meditation and Reiki healing. Meditation helps you to connect to the present moment while the flow of Reiki energy encourages relaxation and well-being. All are welcome to attend this relaxing class.
- Kundalini meditation & gong relaxation with Cathi: August 28th: Release the stress of your day through pranayama (breathing techniques), meditation and an extended gong bath. The immediate effects of Kundalini technique will allow you to relax and let go, while gong therapy restores the body and mind to a state of peace.
- Candlelight Restorative with Nancy: September 4th: Feeling stressed? Melt away your stress in this lovely, very relaxing class which is done while resting on the floor. You will spend several minutes gently stretching and unwinding in each restorative posture with the help of props such as bolsters, blankets, and pillows. The class will be lit by candlelight with soft music in the background
- Less Stress meditation with special 9/11 prayer for peace (Cathi): September 11th: In this particular session, try a “Less Stress” Meditation with Cathi! Enjoy tranquility of body and mind through guided meditation and Reiki healing. Meditation helps you to connect to the present moment while the flow of Reiki energy encourages relaxation and well-being. As this is taking place on 9/11, there will be also be a special remembrance meditation for peace. All are welcome to attend. For those who wish to donate, we are taking a collection for Voices of September 11th, which provides ongoing support for the victims of 9/11 and their families.
- Kundalini meditation & gong relaxation with Cathi: September 18th: Release the stress of your day through pranayama (breathing techniques), meditation and an extended gong bath. The immediate effects of Kundalini technique will allow you to relax and let go, while gong therapy restores the body and mind to a state of peace.
- Relax with Reiki (Nancy): September 25th: Enjoy a great, de-stressing class with Moonflower Yoga owner and Reiki Master Teacher Nancy! This lovely class will give you an opportunity to enjoy the calming and relaxing effects of Reiki. You will be seated in a chair for the class which begins with a guided meditation. From there, you will enjoy relaxing Reiki treatments such as Reiki waterfall, a Reiju blessing, or a seated chair Reiki treatment. Essential oils will be diffused with soft music to help you unwind. Come give this de-stressing class a try!
Schedule changes for August:
- The Tuesday 5 PM Yoga Basics class on August 14 and 28 will be taught by Melinda.
- The Tuesday 615 PM Move and Stretch class on August 14 and 28 will be taught by Melinda.
- The Tuesday 5 PM and 615 PM classes on August 21st will be a different class style. Scroll up to see a description of this special class with Dona Squires to release muscle tension and distress.
Schedule changes for September:
- The Moonflower Yoga studio is closed on Monday, September 3rd to celebrate the Labor Day holiday.
- The 5 PM Yoga Basics class will be taught by Danielle Meill starting in September. Scroll up for additional information.
- Stay tuned for information regarding a new class in the Tuesday 615 PM time slot starting in Sept.
August class packages:
For the month of August, we are offering THREE class packages from which you can choose. All of these offer a discount over the per-class package price of $21:
– Yoga Lite: Receive 4 classes for $76 ($19 per class)
– Yoga Medium: Receive 6 classes for $108 ($18 per class)
– Yoga Pro: Receive 8 classes for $144 ($18 per class)
All of the above August class packages offer a discount over the per-class price. The discounted classes purchased under the August class package must be used between August 1st and August 30th, 2018. Please note the Moonflower Yoga studio is CLOSED for summer vacation from August 6-10, and there are no classes for these 5 days. The class package must be purchased at the Moonflower Yoga studio.
Upcoming September class packages:
For the upcoming month of September, we are offering THREE class packages from which you can choose. All of these offer a discount over the per-class package price of $21:
– Yoga Lite: Receive 4 classes for $76 ($19 per class)
– Yoga Medium: Receive 6 classes for $108 ($18 per class)
– Yoga Pro: Receive 8 classes for $144 ($18 per class)
All of the above September class packages offer a discount over the per-class price. The discounted classes purchased under the September class package must be used between September 1st and September 30th, 2018. Please note the Moonflower Yoga studio is CLOSED on Monday, September 3rd, to celebrate the Labor Day holiday. The class package must be purchased at the Moonflower Yoga studio.
MONTHLY CUSTOMER APPRECIATION GIFT
We appreciate your business! Each month a special gift will be given to the customer who attends the most classes during the calendar month.
The “Prize of the Month” for booking the most classes in the month of July was won by Carol P. Congratulations Carol! Carol won a Moonflower Yoga t-shirt. Carol is pictured here with her husband, Craig, who also attends classes at Moonflower Yoga. The August contest is underway! Book your classes now and you are automatically entered in this month’s contest!