Summer has arrived! For many, it is vacation time, and maybe you have a few days of “stay-cation” time planned. This is a great opportunity to try MORNING yoga classes. It is a fantastic way to start your day and feel great, and it provides you with the opportunity to have the rest of the day to enjoy other activities. We have a fabulous variety of thirteen amazing morning classes from which you can choose! Come enjoy a wonderful morning class & then head to the beach for a fun summer day.
Which yoga classes are best for YOU?
If you are not sure which yoga classes might be good for beginners, or which yoga classes are intermediate level, here is a quick listing with additional information for each class on the “Descriptions” tab above.
There are NO membership agreements, NO membership fees, NO recurring credit card charges at Moonflower Yoga. You can simply register for a single, great yoga class by double clicking on the class/date you would like to attend from the Schedule tab and following the simple registration and payment steps, and you are all set!
Here are some great classes to consider:
BEGINNER-LEVEL YOGA CLASS SUGGESTIONS (Also look for the “B” symbol next to the class title on the Schedule tab):
- Saturday: 8:30 AM Beginner, 11:15 AM Strengthen & Stretch
- Sunday: 9:45 AM Beginner, 11:15 AM Kundalini w/Lori
- Monday: 4:30 PM Beginner Yoga Fundamentals, 6 PM Beginner Stretch, 7:30 PM Candlelight Restorative (alternate Mondays)
- Tuesday: 9:15 AM Morning Movement & Meditation, 11 AM Chair Yoga with Nancy, 5 PM Yoga Basics, 6:15 PM Tuesday Stretch and Relax, or the 7:30 PM Stress-Buster series of classes (see below for this month’s offerings)
- Wednesday: 11:30 AM Chair Yoga with Reiki (NEW! – begins in July), 4:45 PM Wall and Chair: A Supported Sequence, 6:00 PM Chair Body Stretch and Meditation, 7:45 PM Yin Yang Yoga class
- Thursday: 10 AM Stretch & Flow, 11:30 AM Chair Yoga with Lynn, 4:30 PM Stretch and Meditate 101, 6:15 PM Kundalini with Cathi, or 7:45 PM Evening Stretch and Relaxing Restorative Yoga
- Friday: 10 AM Friday Stretch, plus the 11:15 AM Chair Yoga Stretch class
Are you an experienced yoga student looking for a fabulous, energetic yoga class? Try one of these great yoga classes to get your juices flowing & start you on the road to a toner and stronger you for the summer:
INTERMEDIATE-LEVEL YOGA CLASS SUGGESTIONS (look for the “I” symbol next to the class title on the Schedule tab):
- Saturday: 10 AM Saturday Flow with Nancy
- Monday: 7:30 PM Stretch Intense, and Restore with Danielle (alternate Mondays – check schedule)
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM Rejuvenate and Stretch
Would you like to learn something new while having some fun? Join us for an upcoming workshop, Reiki training session, or one of the fun Moonflower Yoga clubs. We have the Moonflower Yoga Book Club, the Moonflower Yoga Needle Arts Group where you learn to do basic crochet or knit, and the Moonflower Yoga Mah Jongg Club. These activities are a great way to make new friends while you discover a new activity. Click on the Workshop, Clubs, or Reiki tab above for additional information on these upcoming activities. Or you can scroll to the bottom of this page for a chronological listing of the available workshops, Club events, and Reiki training sessions. We look forward to having you join us!
NEW CLASS STARTING IN JULY!!!
CHAIR YOGA WITH REIKI (Lynn) (B)
When our body and mind suffer from mental, emotional or physical discomforts often times these stressors or dis-ease can cause energy blockages within our life force. When this energy is blocked, it causes imbalances, and when the energy is flowing more smoothly, we often feel better. Reiki is a healing technique wherein the practitioner can channel this energy into the body/mind system by means of light touch, to awaken and encourage the body/mind’s natural healing capabilities to help restore one to physical and emotional well-being. Leading medical institutions are now offering Reiki to their patients as an alternative therapy.
In this great class, you will begin with slow and effective stretching for the upper body and legs, then move into mindfulness meditation, seamlessly transitioning into a relaxing Reiki treatment. Lynn, who is a Reiki Master Practitioner, will use Reiki practices such as the Reiki waterfall, or a Reiju blessing, or a traditional chair Reiki treatment on areas such as the shoulders, top of the head (where stress accumulates), heart, or knees. Come give this wonderful, relaxing class a try!
Feeling Stressed??? Learn how to reduce your stress & fears in a fabulous “Tapping” class with Chris Senetto!!
Tuesday, July 23rd, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM as part of our Stress-Buster series
If you’re feeling stressed, come join us for this fabulous class! Christine Senetto will teach you “Tapping” (Emotional Freedom Technique). Tapping is a wonderful, self-administered tool that you can use to help you release stress or anxiety from certain situations or people. EFT (“Emotional Freedom Technique”) is also called “tapping” because you actually tap with your fingers on acupressure points around your head, face, and torso while saying simple affirmations and focusing on a particular negative emotion, trauma, addiction, or event. Tapping combines ancient Chinese medicine, modern psychology and positive reprogramming to help resolve issues that are causing us stress and may be keeping you from moving forward in life. During the class, Chris will cover the history of tapping and the scientific reasons why it works. You will then literally tap on our acupressure points and learn the procedure. It will be a fun, easy way to learn the 9 tapping point sequence and the accompanying phrases. You will leave knowing a wonderful, self-healing tool. It is calming, centering, and can help you to release self-limiting habits. Tapping is being used by returning members of our military to help them cope with the after-effects of combat activity. Come and give this amazing tool a try!
Almost sold out – This exclusive series for Moonflower Yoga – Book now as previous sessions sold out!
A Gathering for Self-Realization & Meditation with Chandresh
Next date: July 12, 2019; 6:30 PM – 8 PM
This is a signature meditation and workshop series by Chandresh Bhardwaj prepared exclusively for the community of Moonflower Yoga. In each workshop, Chandresh brings up topics that are relatable, urgent, and important for one’s spiritual and life growth. As the seventh generation spiritual teacher, Chandresh combines the ancient wisdom traditions with modern, accessible lessons for eternal happiness. Always packed with stories, humor, and life-altering teachings, this workshop is perfect for those who are ready to bring more love, courage, and bliss in their life. Each workshop starts with a talk by Chandresh followed by guided meditation and Q&A with the students.
Chandresh Bhardwaj is a 7th generation spiritual teacher. He’s the author of the bestselling book ‘Break the Norms’ and runs a podcast by the same title. To know more about him, visit his website cbmeditates.com or connect on instagram @cbmeditates. Copies of Chandresh’s book, “Break the Norms”, are available for purchase directly from Chandresh after the workshop, who can autograph your copy.
Registration fee: $40 per person per session date which includes delicious homemade dessert and beverages.
Book now! Previous workshops with Chandresh have sold out and space is limited. Register by selecting this Workshop from the Schedule tab above and following the simple registration and payment steps.
Just added as part of our Women’s Gathering series!
CHARITY YOGA CLASS AND DONATION DRIVE SUPPORTING DIGNITY MATTERS
Yoga class date: Sunday, July 7th, 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
(Taught by Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy Weshkoff)
In our continuing Women’s Gathering Series, Moonflower Yoga is hosting a charity yoga class to support an important charity: Dignity Matters.
Dignity Matters (www.dignity-matters.org) is a wonderful non-profit organization that supplies feminine hygiene products to women and school girls living in homeless or low-income situations. Sadly, food stamps does not cover this basic necessity of feminine hygiene products, as it is not a “food” item. Females are suffering the embarrassment of not having money to buy these products. Dignity Matters collects these products and delivers them to homeless shelters, public schools & after-school programs. Their goal is have these available in all public restrooms as a free item, just as toilet paper is.
Moonflower Yoga will be having a drive to support Dignity Matters where we will be collecting tampons and pads for these females in need. We will also be offering the charity yoga class on July 7th where 100% of all proceeds will be donated to Dignity Matters. If you cannot join us for the July 7th yoga class, we ask that you please drop off a donation of a feminine hygiene product at the Moonflower Yoga studio. If you can do both by attending the yoga class & donating a feminine hygiene product, that would be great!
Donation Class Price: $25 per person with all proceeds donated to Dignity Matters.
Register now for this important event!! You can reserve your spot by selecting this special class from the Schedule tab above and following the simple registration and payment steps.
Join us for a delicious workshop!
Summer Harvest with Rose Edelman
Learn vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free cooking ideas!
Saturday, August 17th, 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Join Rose for her second, seasonal, plant-based cooking workshop at Moonflower Yoga! Rose will be introducing delicious summer produce in three different courses – an appetizer, main course, and dessert. Along with the cooking class, she will be providing information and answering questions about the benefits of a whole-foods, plant-based diet. Come hungry and leave with knowledge and inspiration for a healthy approach to diet and lifestyle! Rose will also be providing tasty samples throughout the workshop.
About Rose Edelman: Rose is a plant-based chef and certified yoga teacher located in the New York, Long Island-Metropolitan area. She focuses on healthy eating through the promotion of a sustainable, vegan, holistic lifestyle. Her background in studio art and graduate studies in psychology both influence her creative product and knowledge of the mid-body approach, creating a fulfilling lifestyle through yoga and plant-based eating.
Price: $45 per person which includes the yummy food from the workshop.
Register now for this delicious workshop! You can reserve your spot by selecting this workshop from the Schedule tab above. Alternatively, you can purchase your spot in advance at the Moonflower Yoga studio.
Come learn something new and have fun in a great upcoming workshop, event or training session!
Moonflower Yoga has an amazing array of interesting workshops and events from which you choose! People from Bellmore-Merrick-Wantagh-East Meadow-Seaford and other parts of Long Island have been registering, and we hope to see you too. Below is a quick snapshot summary of these very fun activities, and you can discover more info on the “Workshops” or “Events” tabs. You can register for any of these great activities by selecting the activity that you would like to attend on the “Schedule” tab above and following the simple registration and payment steps:
- Moonflower Yoga Book Club: Friday, June 28th, 6:45 PM – 8:15 PM (summer hours): Take a journey with a great book while having fun and making new friends! For our next meeting we will be discussing “Where the Crawdads Sing”. All are welcome to read this book and join us. Click on the “Clubs” tab above for more info on the books.
- Reiki Level Two training: Saturday, June 29th, 1:15 PM – 5:45 PM – SOLD OUT – try July 27th – book early as this sells out quickly!: Further explore Reiki in this Reiki Level Two training, open to anyone who successfully completed Reiki Level One. Learn the first 3 symbols of Reiki including the distance symbol to send healing energy to someone who is not in the same room as you. This training session will be done by Nancy Weshkoff, Owner of Moonflower Yoga and Reiki Master Teacher.
- Moonflower Yoga Mah Jongg Club: Saturday, July 6th, 2 PM – 3:30 PM: Come join our fun Moonflower Yoga Mah Jongg Club! Experienced players willing to work with newcomers, as well as newcomers are welcome. Great way to have fun & meet people. Click on the “Clubs” tab for additional info.
- Charity Yoga Class & Donation Drive supporting Dignity Matters (part of our Women’s Gathering series): Sunday, July 7th, 6:30 PM-7:30 PM: Join Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy Weshkoff, for a charity yoga class with all proceeds supporting Dignity Matters. Dignity Matters is a great charity that provides feminine hygiene products to teenagers & women who cannot afford this necessary product. Feminine hygiene products are NOT covered by food stamps & many teenagers & women cannot afford these. Moonflower Yoga is also hosting a collection drive of these products.
- A Gathering for Self-Realization and Meditation with Chandresh (Exclusive series for Moonflower Yoga!): Friday, July 12th, 6:30 PM – 8 PM – book early as previous sessions sold out: Do you struggle with finding the purpose of your life? Do relationships and career stress you out? Have you been looking for spiritual guidance to live your highest self? If you answered “yes” to any of the above, then this wonderful workshop with 7th generation spiritual teacher and best-selling author Chandresh Bhardwaj is for you! Scroll up on this page for additional information.
- Reiki Level One training: Sunday, July 14th, 1:15 PM – 5:45 PM- SOLD OUT – Try August 24th.: Come learn the basics of Reiki and receive a Reiki Level One certification. You will learn the history of Reiki and how to do a Reiki treatment on yourself as well as others. You will discover the relaxing qualities of Reiki and be supplied with an informative book to continue your Reiki experience after you complete this Level One certification. This Reiki Level One training will be taught by Reiki Master Teacher and Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy Weshkoff.
- Reiki Level Two training: Saturday, July 27th, 1:15 PM – 6 PM – book early as this sells out quickly!: Further explore Reiki in this Reiki Level Two training, open to anyone who successfully completed Reiki Level One. Learn the first 3 symbols of Reiki including the distance symbol to send healing energy to someone who is not in the same room as you. This training session will be done by Nancy Weshkoff, Owner of Moonflower Yoga and Reiki Master Teacher.
- De-Stress with Guided Singing Bowl Meditation with Jessica Saraswati: Friday, August 2nd, 7 – 8 PM (SOLD OUT -wait list available): Join us for the return of Jessica to Moonflower Yoga in a wonderful evening as Jessica plays her amazing array of singing bowls together with a guided meditation. Your stress will melt away!
- Reiki Healing Circle: Friday, August 16th, 6:30 PM – 8 PM: Great way to discover Reiki! NO prior Reiki experience is needed and each person receives a Reiki treatment. This also includes guided meditation. Moonflower Yoga owner an Reiki Master Teacher, Nancy Weshkoff, leads this event. Click on the “Reiki” tab for additional info.
- Summer Harvest with Rose Edelman: Learn vegan, vegetarian & gluten-free cooking ideas!: Saturday, August 17th, 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM: Join Rose for her 2nd seasonal, plant-based cooking workshop at Moonflower Yoga! Rose will be introducing delicious summer produce in 3 different courses, and providing info about the benefits of a whole-foods, plant-based diet. Come hungry and leave with knowledge and inspiration for a healthy approach to diet and lifestyle! Book early! Space is limited.
- Reiki Level One training: Saturday, August 24th, 1:15 PM – 5:45 PM: – book early; previous sessions sold out!: Come learn the basics of Reiki and receive a Reiki Level One certification. You will learn the history of Reiki and how to do a Reiki treatment on yourself as well as others. You will discover the relaxing qualities of Reiki and be supplied with an informative book to continue your Reiki experience after you complete this Level One certification. This Reiki Level One training will be taught by Reiki Master Teacher and Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy Weshkoff.
- Reiki Level Three Master Practitioner training: Saturday, September 28th, 1:15 PM – 5:45 PM: In this training session, you will become a Reiki Master! The training is open to anyone who successfully completed Levels One and Two. Learn the final 3 symbols of Reiki and receive 4 additional attunements.
- Moonflower Yoga Needle Arts Group: Returns in the fall; stay tuned for the fall date: Come join us for this fun Club! Each member brings their own pieces (knitting, crochet, etc) and we have fun catching up with everyone while enjoying delicious food. Newcomers welcome.
- STAY TUNED! We are planning more great workshops and events for the coming months!
Check out Moonflower Yoga on longislandforsale.com!:
Moonflower Yoga is proud to announce that Long Island for Sale has written a great piece on Moonflower Yoga. Here is the link to read the article, and if you are looking for a home in the Long Island area, Long Island for Sale can help you:
Come try our relaxing “Stress-Buster” series of classes (Tuesdays at 7:30 PM):
Life has many challenges that create stress. Stress is harmful and leads to conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and more. Reducing your stress can lower your disease risk. This series of classes on Tuesday nights are designed to help you reduce your stress and feel better. You’ll love this great variety of interesting and calming classes!
Here is the July schedule for our Stress-Buster series:
- Relax with Reiki with Nancy (July 2nd): In this particular session, enjoy a great, de-stressing class with Moonflower Yoga owner and Reiki Master Teacher Nancy! This lovely class will give you an opportunity to enjoy the calming and relaxing effects of Reiki. You will be seated in a chair for the class which begins with a guided meditation. From there, you will enjoy relaxing Reiki treatments such as Reiki waterfall, a Reiju blessing, or a seated chair Reiki treatment. Essential oils will be diffused with soft music to help you unwind. Come give this de-stressing class a try!
- Candlelight Restorative class with Nancy (July 9th): Feeling stressed? Melt away your stress in this lovely, very relaxing Candlelight Restorative class which is done while resting on the floor. You will spend several minutes gently stretching and unwinding in each restorative posture with the help of props such as bolsters, blankets, and pillows. The class will be lit by candlelight with soft music in the background. Essential oils are diffused to help you further relax. Nancy, who is a Reiki Master Teacher, also provides a brief, optional Reiki treatment while you are reclining for those who choose to have a Reiki treatment. You will leave feeling refreshed and renewed!
- Less Stress meditation with Cathi (July 16th): In this fabulous session, try a “Less Stress” Meditation with Cathi! Enjoy tranquility of body and mind through guided meditation and Reiki healing. Meditation helps you to connect to the present moment while the flow of Reiki energy encourages relaxation and well-being. All are welcome to attend this lovely class.
- Learn “Tapping” – Emotional Freedom Technique (“EFT”) with Christine (July 23rd): Come learn a fabulous tool to help you deal with stress and negative emotions: “Tapping” (Emotional Freedom Technique). Tapping is a wonderful, self-administered tool that you can use to help you release stress or anxiety from certain situations or people. See the fuller description and photo above.
- Kundalini meditation & gong relaxation with Cathi (July 30th): Release the stress of your day through pranayama (breathing techniques), meditation and an extended gong bath. The immediate effects of Kundalini technique will allow you to relax and let go, while gong therapy restores the body and mind to a state of peace.
LONG ISLAND CARES
Through the generous support of so many in the Moonflower Yoga community, we collected approximately 300 lbs. of food and personal care items through 2018. THANK YOU! Sadly many people on Long Island cannot afford food or personal care items and your donations help them. Some of the things that are most in need are those items that are not covered by food stamps, particularly pet food, diapers, shampoo, soap, etc., as food stamps only cover food items. At the moment, what Long Island Cares mostly needs is DOG and CAT FOOD. Whatever items you can donate are much appreciated. These can be dropped off at the Moonflower Yoga studio, and we will take the items to Long Island Cares. Thank you!
June class changes:
- There is no 615 PM Kundalini class on June 27th.
- There is no 745 PM Evening Stretch and Relaxing Restorative Yoga class on June 27th.
Upcoming July class changes:
- Rosanne Cassidy is retiring at the end of June, and Rose becomes the permanent teacher for the 6 PM Beginner Stretch class on Mondays starting in July.
- Jeannine will be teaching the Morning Movement and Meditation class on July 2.
- Jeannine will be teaching the Yoga Basics class on July 2.
- The Tuesday Stretch and Relaxing Restorative yoga class on July 2nd will be taught by Nancy.
- Lynn teaches a NEW class in July: Chair Yoga with Reiki on Wednesdays at 11:30 AM. Come give it a try! See the fuller description above.
- The Moonflower Yoga studio is closed on July 4th for independence day. Have a happy 4th of July!
- The 615 PM Kundalini yoga class on July 11th will be taught by Beth.
- A teacher will be announced for the Sunday Kundalini class on July 21.
- The Sunday Kundalini class on July 28 will be taught by Cathi.
Upcoming August class changes:
- The Moonflower Yoga studio will be closed for summer vacation from August 4 – August 10th. Have a happy summer!
- Danielle Virya will be leaving the Tuesday and Monday teaching schedule starting in August.
- The Tuesday Yoga Basics at 5 PM and the Tuesday Morning Movement and Meditation class at 915 AM will be taught by Jeannine Bayer, who joins the Moonflower Yoga teaching team.
- The Stretch Intense and Restore class on alternate Mondays at 730 PM will be taught by Theresa Mariano Doyle, who returns to Moonflower Yoga to teach the class she created for the studio.
June class packages:
For the month of June, we are offering THREE class packages from which you can choose. All of these offer a discount over the per-class package price of $21:
– Yoga Lite: Receive 4 classes for $76 ($19 per class)
– Yoga Medium: Receive 6 classes for $108 ($18 per class)
– Yoga Pro: Receive 8 classes for $144 ($18 per class)
All of the above June class packages offer a discount over the per-class price. The discounted classes purchased under the June class package must be used between June 1st and June 30th, 2019. The class package must be purchased at the Moonflower Yoga studio.
Upcoming July class packages:
For the upcoming month of July, we are offering THREE class packages from which you can choose. All of these offer a discount over the per-class package price of $21:
– Yoga Lite: Receive 4 classes for $76 ($19 per class)
– Yoga Medium: Receive 6 classes for $108 ($18 per class)
– Yoga Pro: Receive 8 classes for $144 ($18 per class)
All of the above July class packages offer a discount over the per-class price. The discounted classes purchased under the July class package must be used between July 1st and July 31st, 2019. There are NO classes on the 4th of July. The class package must be purchased at the Moonflower Yoga studio.
MONTHLY CUSTOMER APPRECIATION GIFT
We appreciate your business! Each month a special gift will be given to the customer who attends the most classes during the calendar month.
The “Prize of the Month” for booking the most classes in the month of May was won by Leslie. Congratulations Leslie! Leslie booked her first yoga class at Moonflower Yoga in late March and has been a regular at the studio since then. We are glad you are a regular part of the studio, Leslie! Leslie won a very comfy Moonflower Yoga t-shirt. The June contest is underway! Book your classes now and you are automatically entered in this month’s contest.