During this period of social distancing, you can join your favorite Moonflower Yoga teachers for an online video class from the comfort of your living room! There are 16 weekly classes from which you can choose!
We are living in a challenging time with the coronavirus outbreak. In order to keep our students and teachers safe, and in keeping with government social distancing requirements, there are no studio classes at the Bellmore Avenue location for Moonflower Yoga until such time as it is safe to reopen the doors.
We are pleased to advise that you can still enjoy a great yoga class with some of your favorite Moonflower Yoga instructors by using the Zoom app! These online classes will be 30-40 minutes in length. Join Moonflower Yoga teachers Nancy, Melinda, Jessica, Theresa, Rose, Samantha, Cathi, Lynn, or Vicky for LIVE yoga or meditation classes! You would join the class from the Zoom app a few minutes before the scheduled class time, and then roll out your mat in your living room and join the class in action. Click on the “Schedule” tab above to see a listing of the online classes. The online classes will have the phrase “(ONLINE CLASS)” next to the class title.
Here is how these online classes will work:
– You need to download the free Zoom app. You can download it to your computer or a mobile device, whichever you prefer. A desktop or laptop screen is usually easier to see because it is larger.
– The cost of a 30-40 minute online class for those people who do NOT have Moonflower Yoga class packages or credits will be $11 per class. You would select the online class you would like to attend from the Schedule tab above and follow the simple registration and payment steps via PayPal. You must register for this class no later than 60 minutes before class time or 90 minutes before class time if Nancy is teaching the class. After you have purchased the class, Nancy will then send you a Zoom meeting invitation link. This invitation email is important because you will need this invitation and the hyperlink contained in the invitation in order to join the class.
– For those who have an existing Moonflower Yoga class package with unused classes, you will receive TWO online class credits for each 60-minute class credit that you have. So, for example, if you have two March 60-minute class credits, this would entitle you to take 4 online classes of 30 minutes in duration. You do NOT register via PayPal. Instead, you would decide on the class you would like to attend, and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to advise Nancy of your wish to attend that class. You must send this email confirmation at least 60 minutes before class time or 90 minutes before class time if Nancy is teaching the class. Nancy will then send you an online confirmation as well as a Zoom meeting invitation link. When you receive these invitations, your credit is complete, and NO re-bookings or refunds are permitted.
It is important to take care of ourselves during this challenging time. The practice of yoga and meditation can help you do that! We can still stay connected as the Moonflower Yoga community, even if it is remotely. I hope you will take just 30-40 minutes FOR YOU and enjoy some steps to help you relax, stretch tight muscles, and feel better.
Here is a list of the 30-40 minute online classes for August. All are beginner-level yoga classes except for the Saturday Flow class. Please note the studio is closed for 6 days of vacation from August 3rd through August 8th.:
– Sunday: Beginner Yoga with Nancy at 10 AM
– Monday: Hatha Yoga for Beginners with Samantha at 5:15 PM, Relax and De-Stress with Guided Meditation with Cathi at 7 PM
– Tuesday: Yoga Strengthen and Stretch with Samantha at 9:30 AM. Chair Yoga with Nancy at 12 noon, Yoga Basics with Melinda at 6 PM, Move with the Moon with Theresa at 7:15 PM (NEW! – see below)
– Wednesday: Yin Yoga Stretch with Rose (NEW day!) at 10 AM, Breathe, Stretch and Relax with Vicky at 5:15 PM, Slow Flow and Singing Bowls with Jessica at 7 PM (on Aug 12 & 19); Relaxing Yoga Nidra WORKSHOP with Jackie Lee on Aug 26th at 715 PM (see below).
– Thursday: Stretch and Flow class with Nancy at 10:15 AM, Pilates Strengthen and Stretch with Lynn at 5:30 PM (NEW! – see below), Stretch, Meditate and Relax class with Melinda at 7 PM.
– Friday (no classes on Aug 7th): Awaken the Subtle Body Yoga Class with Theresa at 10 AM (NEW DAY!), Chair Yoga with Vicky at 11:30 AM.
– Saturday (no classes on Aug 8th): Saturday Flow INTERMEDIATE class with Nancy at 10:15 AM.
We look forward to connecting with you online! For a fuller description of these classes click on the “Descriptions” tab above. A fuller description will also appear when you select one of these online classes from the “Schedule” tab above.
Further info and tips on working with Zoom for the first time:
– Approximately 10-15 meetings before the scheduled class time, you should double click on the “Join Zoom Meeting” hyperlink in your Zoom email invitation. This is an important step because it brings you into the “class room” setting. Select “start audio” once you are in the room. Click on anything that is red with a line through it (a microphone, a camera) to deactivate these locks so you can hear audio and see the “class room” setting. You can deactivate these by touching that lock with your finger if you’re using a mobile device or clicking on these red locks with your mouse.
– If you’re using a mobile device to log into the class approximately 15 minutes before class time, you may need to take the extra step of scrolling to the “show all notes” screen. Double click on this and then select join meeting, and you’re ready to join the class! As mentioned above, you may also need to deactivate anything with a red line through it such as a microphone and a camera by touching it with your finger.
– In the period of time after you join the class and before the class begins, you will have an opportunity to chat with the other attendees. It is a great way to reconnect with people you have met through Moonflower Yoga!
– Once the class is ready to begin, you will be “muted out” so that only the instructor can be heard. Just follow along and enjoy the class.
– Remember to always listen to your body and only move in a way that feels right for you. You may wish to have a blanket or towel or pillow near your yoga mat for use during the class. If you have a yoga block that might be helpful for certain poses. If you have a yoga strap, have that handy. If you do not have a yoga strap, a bathrobe tie, an unused men’s tie, or a large rolled blanket could be substituted.
– At the end of the class, you can “unmute” yourself and ask questions or provide feedback.
“Move with the Moon” online yoga class with Theresa Mariano Doyle – NEW!
Tuesday at 7:15 PM
Many of you have attended Theresa’s other wonderful classes at Moonflower Yoga. Theresa is now offering another great yoga class for all fitness levels including beginners – “Move with the Moon”!
The class will consist of a modified moon salutation. A moon salutation helps you channel the calming and cooling energy of the moon – a great way to end your day! You will slowly move and flow through each pose as you pay special attention to the quality of each movement. You will harness the moon’s energy to allow you to start fresh and help you manifest things you truly want.
Some of the benefits of this great stretching class will also include:
- Balancing internal coolness and fire
- Channeling creativity
- Reducing stress and anxiety
- Helping to relieve sciatic nerve pain
- Getting you ready for a good, peaceful night’s rest
Come join us for this great new online yoga class offered at Moonflower Yoga via Zoom!
Lynn returns to the teaching schedule with a great online Pilates Strengthen and Stretch class on Thursdays at 5:30 PM
The Pilates method of body conditioning is the art of strength, stretch and control. The system was developed in the 1920’s by legendary physical trainer, Joseph H. Pilates, to improve flexibility, enhance posture & coordination, stabilize, and elongate the spine and establish balance & overall strength. Pilates derived his system from ancient yoga postures among other sources, and like yoga, the Pilates method is not just exercise. Pilates believed that physical & mental health were completely dependent upon one another. Therefore, like yoga poses, the Pilates methodology can manifest a balance of Mind-Body-Spirit.
The primary focus in this mat sequence will be on your body’s core (abs, lower back, and the surrounding stabilizing muscles). You will practice very precise breath linked with controlled movements. Consistent practice can help you in the following ways:
– Enhanced muscle tone & energy
– Increased strength and flexibility
– Achievement of balance, grace & fluidity
– Improved alignment and posture
– Better mental concentration
Come give this great online class a try!
Reduce your stress in this lovely, relaxing workshop offered online via Zoom!
Wednesday, August 26th, 7:15 PM – 8:15 PM
Yoga Nidra (Yogic Sleep and Deep Meditation) (with Jacqueline Lee)
Feeling stressed? Come join Jackie Lee for this very relaxing evening from the safety and comfort of your living room or bedroom!
Yoga Nidra – known as yogic sleep – is a deep meditation used to promote physical, mental and emotional relaxation. You will be completely supported in a reclining position as you are led through a deep guided meditation by Jackie Lee and where you can set your Sankalpa (heart-felt intention). You can do this grounding and de-stressing workshop while reclining in bed, or on your couch, or on the floor of a quiet room in your home. NO previous yoga or meditation experience needed and all are welcome. Please have a folded blanket, towel, or pillow handy. An eye pillow or folded washcloth is also nice to have on hand. If you have a favorite essential oil, such as lavender, you may wish to have this nearby as well. All are welcome for this relaxing evening!
Price: $22 per person. You can register for this online workshop from the Schedule tab above. Just follow the simple registration and payment steps via PayPal, and you’re all set. Approximately 1-2 days before the workshop, all PAID registrants will receive an email with the Zoom invitation link to join the workshop.
Curbside pickup at the studio is now available!
Curbside pickup at the studio is available for some items you may need for your home practice. How about a beautiful Hugger Mugger yoga mat? Hugger Mugger Tapas yoga mats, which Moonflower Yoga sells, were just rated one of the top 3 best yoga mats in the US (see further info below). They are very durable and last for years if you keep it safely in your house and not in your car or garage. With each new yoga mat purchased this summer, you will receive a FREE Moonflower Yoga mat bag to store your new mat. We also yoga blocks and stretch out straps for your home practice which are available for purchase. Or you can purchase a lovely, relaxing Young Living essential oil. Could you use a bottle of favorite Stress Away right now? Lavender essential oil for relaxation or reducing the itch from mosquito bites? Peppermint oil is great for keeping you cool in the summer months, and Citronella essential oil can keep the bugs away. Just let Nancy know which items you would like to purchase, and she will arrange for a cashless online purchase and a curbside delivery to your car from the studio.
NEW YOGA MATS HAVE ARRIVED!
Improve your yoga practice with a new yoga mat from Hugger Mugger! Hugger Mugger is a leading yoga supplier, and all their products are made in the USA. They have been rated one of the top 3 best yoga mats in the country. The new mats come in many lovely colors and different weights. Some are very lightweight, yet still well-padded and sticky so you feel comfortable support while you practice your classes. For a limited time, as a special treat, if you purchase a new yoga mat at Moonflower Yoga, you receive a FREE Moonflower Yoga mat bag. While the studio doors are closed, curbside pick up is available if you wish to purchase a yoga mat.
New Sturdy Yoga Blocks from Huggermugger have arrived – now in a fun purple color!
A yoga block is a great tool to have for your home practice. It gives you support for your poses. You can sit on the block for more comfort in seated poses. If you have difficulty reaching the floor with your fingertips, the block can raise the floor for you as you work on improving flexibility. If you are doing a bridge pose, a block under your seat can provide more comfort & stability. These durable yoga blocks will last for years. They are priced at just $18 each and are available for curbside pickup. In addition to this purple color, it also comes in lovely marbled shades of blue.
Our NEW purple signature T-Shirts are super softy & getting rave reviews!
New Moonflower Yoga PURPLE short-sleeve t-shirts are available for purchase and curbside pickup! These super comfy, short sleeve shirts are from the same product line as the popular tunic shirts that you have come to love. The new shirts are easy care and in the perfect shade of purple! The bottom is a shirt-tale finish, and the neckline is rounded. They are super soft! The sizing would be the same as for the long-sleeve tunic shirts. We also have short-sleeve signature t-shirts from the same company in the soft tunic style you love in 2 colors: medium blue and turquoise. If you would like a heftier summer shirt, there are v-neck, signature short-sleeved cotton blend shirts in WHITE from Gildan’s Soft Style line available for purchase. All of these summer shirts are on sale for just $20 each plus tax. Curbside pickup is available for any Moonflower Yoga t-shirt.
Come learn something new and have fun in a great upcoming workshop, event or training session!
Moonflower Yoga has an amazing array of interesting workshops and events from which you choose! People from Bellmore-Merrick-Wantagh-East Meadow-Seaford and other parts of Long Island have been registering, and we hope to see you too. Below is a quick snapshot summary of these very fun activities, and you can discover more info on the “Workshops” or “Events” tabs. You can register for any of these great activities by selecting the activity that you would like to attend on the “Schedule” tab above and following the simple registration and payment steps.!
- Yoga Nidra (Yogic Sleep and Deep Meditation) with Jackie Lee (offered online via Zoom!): Wednesday, August 26th, 7:15 PM – 8:15 PM: Feeling stressed? Join Jackie Lee from the safety and comfort of your living room or bedroom for this relaxing evening! Yoga Nidra, known as yogic sleep, is a deep meditation used to promote physical, mental, and emotional relaxation. You will deeply relax in a reclining position on your couch, in your bed, or on the floor, as you are led through a deep guided meditation. You can also set your Sankalpa (heart-felt intention) . One hour of yoga nidra = 4 hours of sleep! Scroll up to see the further description above.
- Moonflower Yoga Book Club (online meeting): Friday, August 28th, 645 PM – 8:15 PM: Take a journey with a great book while having fun and making new friends! For our next meeting, we will be reading TWO books “The Language of Flowers” and “Oona Out of Order”. All are welcome to read these books and join us. Click on the “Clubs” tab above for more info on the books.
- In the Kitchen with Bob! (a LIVE vegan cooking demo using Zoom): Sunday, October 4th, 4:30 PM – 6 PM: Join Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy, and her husband, Bob, for a fun, LIVE, interactive cooking workshop from their kitchen! The focus in this installment will be easy vegan dinners that you can make in less than 30 minutes. We will supply you with the recipes in advance of the workshop so you can cook along with us from your own kitchen. You’ll then have a delicious dinner to eat when done! If you prefer to just watch the preparation and cooking, that’s fine too. As this is interactive, you can ask questions and have fun with us. Come join us for a yummy workshop!
- A Gathering for Self-Realization and Meditation with Chandresh (an EXCLUSIVE series for Moonflower Yoga!): You just missed a session – Stay tuned for the online return date of this gerat series! This is a signature meditation and workshop series by Chandresh Bhardwaj prepared exclusively for the community of Moonflower Yoga! In each workshop, Chandresh brings up topics that are relatable, urgent, and important for one’s spiritual and life growth. As the seventh generation spiritual teacher, Chandresh combines the ancient wisdom traditions with modern, accessible lessons for eternal happiness. Always packed with stories, humor, and life-altering teachings, this workshop is perfect for those who are ready to bring more love, courage, and bliss in their life. Each workshop starts with a talk by Chandresh followed by guided meditation and Q&A with the students.
The following workshops, Reiki training sessions and Club dates have been postponed due to coronavirus. They will be added back to the schedule when it is safe to host them again at the Moonflower Yoga studio in Bellmore:
– Reiki Level One training
– Reiki Level Two training
– Reiki Level 3/Master Practitioner training
– Reiki Healing Circles
– Moonflower Yoga Mah Jongg Club
– Moonflower Yoga Canasta Club
– Mandala Pendant Necklace workshop with Carol Procopio
– Chakra Spring Cleanse and Energy Bracelet workshop with Lynn Pieroni
– Breathe Into the Spine for your Health workshop with Theresa Mariano Doyle
Tune in to hear Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy Weshkoff, in a LIVE nationwide Business Talk Radio broadcast
Date: Thursday, August 6th, at 11:04 AM
Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy Weshkoff, will be interviewed in a national LIVE network radio broadcast on Thursday, August 6th at 11:04 AM. Nancy will be speaking about yoga and meditation and the impact of the coronavirus on our practice and on small businesses. Click on one of the links below to hear the live broadcast from your personal device or computer:
Hope you can tune in!
Moonflower Yoga is featured on News 12 Long Island!
Moonflower Yoga was selected by News 12 Long Island for a story in conjunction with Heart Health Month in February. Shari Einhorn of News 12 Long Island was at the Moonflower Yoga studio to film the piece, and we think it came out great! We are very excited that Moonflower Yoga was the featured Long Island New York yoga studio for this important topic. Here is the link to the News 12 Long Island piece:
Please note that the Moonflower Yoga studio will be closed for a few days of summer vacation the first full week in August. There will be NO classes from Monday, August 3rd, through Saturday, August 8th. We return to classes on Sunday, August 9th with Nancy’s 10 AM Beginner class. Enjoy the warm summer weather!
LONG ISLAND CARES – donations will resume when the studio doors reopen.
Through the generous support of so many in the Moonflower Yoga community, we collected approximately 400 lbs. of food and personal care items in the last year. THANK YOU! Sadly many people on Long Island cannot afford food or personal care items and your donations help them. Some of the things that are most in need are those items that are not covered by food stamps, particularly pet food, diapers, shampoo, soap, feminine hygiene products, etc., as food stamps only cover food items. At the moment, what Long Island Cares mostly needs is DOG and CAT FOOD. Whatever items you can donate are much appreciated. These can be dropped off at the Moonflower Yoga studio, and we will take the items to Long Island Cares. Thank you!
August class changes:
- The Moonflower Yoga studio will be closed for summer vacation from Monday, August 3rd through Saturday, August 8th. Classes resume on Sunday, August 9th.
- For the month of August, all of the yoga and meditation classes on the schedule will be offered online only via Zoom. There will be no in-person studio classes due to the coronavirus.
MONTHLY CUSTOMER APPRECIATION GIFT
We appreciate your business! Each month a special gift will be given to the customer who attends the most classes during the calendar month.
The most recent “Prize of the Month” for booking the most classes in the month was won by Leslie. Congratulations Leslie! Leslie won a bottle of Purification essential oil from Young Living.