December classes, holiday specials, news & more!
Where has the year gone! It is hard to believe that we are almost at the end of 2019, and a new decade will begin shortly.
The holidays can be a stressful time – rushing around to purchase holiday gifts, coping with end-of-the-year projects at work, various functions you may be attending, etc. All of these take a toll on us. It is more important than ever to take care of YOU during the holiday season.
If you are feeling overwhelmed, come to a relaxing yoga or meditation class at Moonflower Yoga, and let us help reduce your stress and enabling you to feel better! We have an amazing array of classes from which you can choose. Newcomers are always welcome, and there is a class on the schedule that can fit your needs. We have beginner-level yoga classes EVERY DAY from which you can choose.
Which yoga classes are best for YOU?
If you are not sure which yoga classes might be good for beginners, or which yoga classes are intermediate level, here is a quick listing with additional information for each class on the “Descriptions” tab above.
There are NO membership agreements, NO membership fees, NO recurring credit card charges at Moonflower Yoga. You can simply register for a single, great yoga class by double clicking on the class/date you would like to attend from the Schedule tab and following the simple registration and payment steps, and you are all set!
Here are some great classes to consider:
BEGINNER-LEVEL YOGA CLASS SUGGESTIONS (Also look for the “B” symbol next to the class title on the Schedule tab):
- Saturday: 8:30 AM Beginner, 11:15 AM Weekend Beginner Stretch with Victoria (NEW!)
- Sunday: 9:45 AM Beginner, 11:15 AM Kundalini w/Lori
- Monday: 4:30 PM Beginner Yoga Fundamentals, 6 PM Pilates Strengthen and Stretch, 7:30 PM Candlelight Restorative (alternate Mondays)
- Tuesday: 9:15 AM Morning Movement & Meditation, 11 AM Chair Yoga with Nancy, 5 PM Yoga Basics, 6:15 PM Tuesday Stretch and Relax, or the 7:30 PM Stress-Buster series of classes (see below for this month’s offerings)
- Wednesday: 4:45 PM Wall and Chair: A Supported Sequence, 6:00 PM Chair Body Stretch with Meditation/Reiki, 7:30 PM Slow Flow & Singing Bowls with Jessica (alternate Weds.) or 7:30 PM Yin Yang Yoga class (alternate Weds.)
- Thursday: 10 AM Stretch & Flow, 11:30 AM Chair Yoga with Lynn, 4:30 PM Stretch and Meditate 101, 6:15 PM Kundalini with Cathi, or 7:45 PM Evening Stretch and Relaxing Restorative Yoga
- Friday: 10 AM Friday Stretch, plus the 11:30 AM Chair Yoga Stretch class
Are you an experienced yoga student looking for a fabulous, energetic yoga class? Try one of these great yoga classes to get your juices flowing & start you on the road to a toner and stronger you for the summer:
INTERMEDIATE-LEVEL YOGA CLASS SUGGESTIONS (look for the “I” symbol next to the class title on the Schedule tab):
- Saturday: 10 AM Saturday Flow
- Monday: 7:30 PM Stretch Intense, and Restore (alternate Mondays – check schedule)
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM Rejuvenate and Stretch
Moonflower Yoga also offers Reiki training. Reiki is a wonderful system for stress reduction & relaxation. It is being offered by major hospitals as an alternative therapy. Discover how it can help YOU in the new year! Learn more about Reiki from the “Reiki” tab above.
Come learn something new and have fun in a great upcoming workshop, event or training session!
Moonflower Yoga has an amazing array of interesting workshops and events from which you choose! People from Bellmore-Merrick-Wantagh-East Meadow-Seaford and other parts of Long Island have been registering, and we hope to see you too. Below is a quick snapshot summary of these very fun activities, and you can discover more info on the “Workshops” or “Events” tabs. You can register for any of these great activities by selecting the activity that you would like to attend on the “Schedule” tab above and following the simple registration and payment steps.
- Reiki Healing Circle: Friday, December 20th, 6:45 PM – 8:15 PM – SOLD OUT – wait list available or try January 31: Take a break from the holidays & enjoy a lovely, relaxing Reiki treatment! Each person has an opportunity to receive Reiki. NO prior Reiki experience needed.
- Special Year-End Celebration with Meditation, Yoga Postures, Kirtan (chanting) & Yoga Nidra (Lynn): Monday, December 30th,7:30 PM – 9 PM: Join us for the final event of the year on the schedule. This great event gives you an opportunity to say goodbye to the old and get ready for the new year ahead. Come join us! Scroll below for additional info.
- Moonflower Yoga Mah Jongg Club: Saturday, January 4th, 1:30 PM – 3 PM: Learn the fun game of Mah Jongg! Newcomers, as well as experienced players willing to work with newcomers, are welcome.
- Goal Setting and Vision Board workshop: Sunday, January 5th, 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM: Start the new decade learning proven techniques to make YOUR goals come true followed by the fun creation of a vision board to help you accomplish that goal.
- Moonflower Yoga Book Club: SUNDAY, January 12th, 4:30 PM – 6 PM: Take a journey with a great book while having fun and making new friends! For our first meeting of the new year, because there is a 2-month gap between meetings, we will be reading TWO books “NEXT YEAR IN HAVANA” and “THE WORLD THAT WE KNEW”. All are welcome to read this book and join us. Click on the “Clubs” tab above for more info on the book.
- Guided Meditation & Sound Healing Evening w/Native American Tibetan & Australian instruments led by River Soul: Friday, January 10th, 6:30 PM – 8 PM: Join River for this fantastic workshop with Native American, Tibetan and Australian musical instruments for a wonderful sound healing to welcome in the new year!
- Reiki Level One training: Saturday, January 11th, 1:15 PM – 6 PM – SOLD OUT – wait list available or try February 8: Come learn the basics of Reiki and receive a Reiki Level One certification. You will learn the history of Reiki and how to do a Reiki treatment on yourself as well as others. You will discover the relaxing qualities of Reiki and be supplied with an informative book to continue your Reiki experience after you complete this Level One certification. This Reiki Level One training will be taught by Reiki Master Teacher and Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy Weshkoff.
- Law of Attraction workshop with Helen Cernigliaro: Friday, January 24th, 6:45 PM – 8:45 PM – Have a great start to the new year by applying the principles of the Law of Attraction which helps you on the path to accomplishing anything that you put your mind to achieving. Join us as Helen Cernigliaro, who has been a Law of Attraction Certified Coach for over 15 years, explains how the Law of Attraction can work for you.
- Reiki Level Two training: Saturday, January 25th, 1:15 PM – 6 PM – book early – previous sessions sold out!: Come further explore Reiki in this Reiki Level Two training, open to anyone who successfully completed Reiki Level One. Learn the first 3 symbols of Reiki including the distance symbol to send healing energy to someone who is not in the same room as you and the power symbol to enhance your Reiki practice. This training session will be done by Nancy Weshkoff, Owner of Moonflower Yoga and Reiki Master Teacher.
- Moonflower Yoga Needle Arts Group: Sunday, January 26th, 4:30 PM – 6 PM: Come join our fun group! Newcomers, as well as people experienced in knitting and crocheting, are welcome. If you are new to crochet or knitting, we can offer some advice to help you get started. Discover the meditative quality of needle arts!
- Reiki Healing Circle: Friday, January 31st, 6:45 PM – 8:15 PM: Curious about Reiki? This great Reiki Healing Circle gives you an opportunity to receive a lovely Reiki treatment. NO prior Reiki experience is needed. Come de-stress and relax with Reiki! Space is limited and previous sessions sold out – book early.
- Anatomy of a Yoga Practice, Part III The Warrior Poses: Awakening Insight, Poise and Strength (Lynn): Saturday, Feb 1st, 2 PM – 4 PM: Ready to release tired winter stagnation, melt excess sluggishness & activate fresh flowing energy to clarify the many dimensions of your being? This great workshop will focus on bringing forth the Warrior qualities that already reside within you — to cleanse the body/mind, revive your Spirit, and unblock energy channels so you can move through life’s challenges with strength, ease and joy.
- Moonflower Yoga Mah Jongg Club: Sunday, February 2nd, 1:30 PM – 3 PM: Learn the fun game of Mah Jongg! Newcomers, as well as experienced players willing to work with newcomers, are welcome.
- Reiki Level One training: Saturday, February 8th, 1:15 PM – 6 PM – just added – book early as previous sessions sold out: Come learn the basics of Reiki and receive a Reiki Level One certification. You will learn the history of Reiki and how to do a Reiki treatment on yourself as well as others. You will discover the relaxing qualities of Reiki and be supplied with an informative book to continue your Reiki experience after you complete this Level One certification. This Reiki Level One training will be taught by Reiki Master Teacher and Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy Weshkoff.
- Reiki Level 3/Master Practitioner training: Sunday, February 16th, 1:15 PM – 6:15 PM: Take your training to the Master level! You will learn how to be a Master Practitioner, learn the final symbols of Reiki and receive 4 more attunements to complete the attunement process. This training is open to those who successfully completed Reiki One and Reiki Two. This Reiki training will be taught by Reiki Master Teacher and Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy Weshkoff.
- A Gathering for Self-Realization and Meditation with Chandresh (an EXCLUSIVE series for Moonflower Yoga!): A new date in January or February will be announced soon – watch this space! This is a signature meditation and workshop series by Chandresh Bhardwaj prepared exclusively for the community of Moonflower Yoga! In each workshop, Chandresh brings up topics that are relatable, urgent, and important for one’s spiritual and life growth. As the seventh generation spiritual teacher, Chandresh combines the ancient wisdom traditions with modern, accessible lessons for eternal happiness. Always packed with stories, humor, and life-altering teachings, this workshop is perfect for those who are ready to bring more love, courage, and bliss in their life. Each workshop starts with a talk by Chandresh followed by guided meditation and Q&A with the students.
STAY TUNED! We are planning more great workshops and events for the coming months!
SPECIAL HOLIDAY OFFER!! Give the gift of good health – and receive a FREE BONUS CLASS!
Not sure what to purchase someone for the holidays? Give the gift of good health with a Moonflower Yoga gift certificate!! A Moonflower Yoga gift certificate has a one-year expiration & can be used for classes and workshops between now and December 31, 2020. The gift certificate can be in any amount or for a specific number of classes.
If you purchase a $100 gift certificate between now and December 30, 2019, you will receive a FREE bonus class redeemable any time in the next year. You can keep the free bonus class for yourself or give the free bonus class to the recipient of the gift certificate.. Discover the wonder of yoga or have fun in one of our intriguing workshops. Stop by the Moonflower Yoga studio to purchase your holiday gift certificate. If you are out of town or cannot get to the studio, a gift certificate can be sent to you by email; call the Moonflower Yoga studio at (516) 557-2206 to make your purchase. We can also email a gift certificate directly to the recipient as a special surprise. Purchase yours today!
Special Year-End Celebration with Meditation, Yoga Postures, Kirtan (chanting) & Yoga Nidra (Lynn)
Date: Monday, December 30th, 7:30 PM – 9 PM
Join us for this fun, final event of 2019 led by Lynn Pieroni !
New Years is a time to create a clean slate, mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually, and when you do a New Year meditation, miracles can occur. This is a time to let go of the “old you” and begin afresh. You can create new goals and breathe new energy and life into experiences that you may have been avoiding.
In this special end-of-calendar-year class, Lynn will begin with simple breath work to clear out the old and make way for the new. You will then move through some basic stretching postures to relax the body and relieve any seasonal stress and tension that has accumulated through this busy time of year. You then mindfully commit to one or more affirmations for the New Year. Finally we will conclude with the Yoga Nidra Divine Sleep guided meditation.
Also included in this evening will be some basic kirtan (shared recitative chanting) lifting our joy-filled vibrational energy to literally “ring in” a blissful and expansive New Year with music from a harmonium.
Light snacks are available at the conclusion of the evening.
Price: $29 per person
BOOK NOW! Space is limited for this special event. You can register by selecting this activity from the Schedule tab and following the simple registration and payment steps.
Super soft signature, full-zip fleece hoodies on sale in Dec: Come try one of our very soft, full zip, fleece hoodies. Each one is hand embroidered in Bellmore. They will take out the chill of the day or night & are machine wash/dry. And for a limited time, these beautiful fleece hoodies are on sale for a special price of $38 each. They come in purple or royal blue and are a great gift! Pick up yours today!
Essential oil of the month for December – Christmas Spirit
Christmas Spirit™ taps into the happiness, joy, and comfort associated with the holiday season. It combines Orange, Cinnamon Bark, and Spruce to create a warm, spicy, and sweet Christmas essential oil blend that everyone loves. It is a wonderful oil for diffusing over the holidays & the winter months. Pick up your bottle today at Moonflower Yoga!
Or try one of these other wonderful essential oils for yourself or as a gift….
Essential oils have many amazing uses, including helping you feel calmer and more relaxed. Two favorites are Stress Away (the name says it all!) and lavender. Or try another great oil such as peppermint, cedarwood, bergamot, or a fabulous citrus scent such as Jade Lemon, orange, tangerine, or Citrus Fresh. Looking for a spicy scent? Try Thieves, cinnamon bark or clove. Come and sample an essential oil at the Moonflower Yoga studio, and you are sure to find a perfect oil for you.
Great holiday gift at less than $29 per piece!: Beautiful Aromatherapy Jewelry from Aspiring Artists of the Earth (AAOTE):
Moonflower Yoga is proud to be a distributor for beautiful AAOTE jewelry. AAOTE makes lovely aromatherapy necklaces and earrings on which you can dispense your favorite essential oil and then enjoy the fragrance of essential oils on your jewelry. You can choose from lava bead necklaces and earrings, carved wood necklaces, lovely medallion necklaces, bracelets, and car diffusers. All pieces come with crystal beads. We also sell gemstone earrings from AAOTE. They are great for yourself or for someone else in your life.
Handmade beaded bracelets – a great gift for only $19:
Each of these unique bracelets are made in Nepal by a women’s fair trade cooperative. Your purchase enables the women to receive a fair income in a safe work environment. They come in a beautiful array of colors, and are priced at just $19 each. And if you purchase 2 or more, receive a special price of just $16 each. They make a great gift!
As we close out 2019, I would like to wish you all very happy holidays and all the best for a wonderful new year. Thank you for all your support of Moonflower Yoga! May the next decade bring you peace, joy, love, and good health! We look forward to seeing you soon.
Check out Moonflower Yoga on longislandforsale.com!:
Moonflower Yoga is proud to announce that Long Island for Sale has written a great piece on Moonflower Yoga. Here is the link to read the article, and if you are looking for a home in the Long Island area, Long Island for Sale can help you:
Come try our relaxing “Stress-Buster” series of classes (Tuesdays at 7:30 PM):
Life has many challenges that create stress. Stress is harmful and leads to conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and more. Reducing your stress can lower your disease risk. This series of classes on Tuesday nights are designed to help you reduce your stress and feel better. You’ll love this great variety of interesting and calming classes!
Here is the December schedule for our Stress-Buster series:
- Candlelight Restorative with Nancy (December 3rd) (sold out – wait list available): Melt away your stress in this lovely, very relaxing class which is done while resting on the floor. You will spend several minutes gently stretching and unwinding in each restorative posture with the help of props such as bolsters, blankets, and pillows. The class will be lit by candlelight with soft music in the background. Essential oils are diffused to help you further relax. Nancy, who is a Reiki Master Teacher, also provides a brief, optional Reiki treatment while you are reclining for those who choose to have a Reiki treatment. You will leave feeling refreshed and renewed!
- Relax with Reiki CHAIR class with Nancy (December 10th): Come enjoy a great, de-stressing class with Moonflower Yoga owner and Reiki Master Teacher Nancy! This lovely class will give you an opportunity to enjoy the calming and relaxing effects of Reiki. You will be seated in a chair for the class which begins with a guided meditation. From there, you will enjoy relaxing Reiki treatments such as Reiki waterfall, a Reiju blessing, or a seated chair Reiki treatment. Essential oils will be diffused with soft music to help you unwind. Come give this de-stressing class a try!
- Kundalini meditation & gong relaxation with Cathi (December 17th): Release the stress of your day through pranayama (breathing techniques), meditation and an extended gong bath. The immediate effects of Kundalini technique will allow you to relax and let go, while gong therapy restores the body and mind to a state of peace.
LONG ISLAND CARES
Through the generous support of so many in the Moonflower Yoga community, we collected approximately 400 lbs. of food and personal care items in the last year. THANK YOU! Sadly many people on Long Island cannot afford food or personal care items and your donations help them. Some of the things that are most in need are those items that are not covered by food stamps, particularly pet food, diapers, shampoo, soap, feminine hygiene products, etc., as food stamps only cover food items. At the moment, what Long Island Cares mostly needs is DOG and CAT FOOD. Whatever items you can donate are much appreciated. These can be dropped off at the Moonflower Yoga studio, and we will take the items to Long Island Cares. Thank you!
December class changes:
- There are no classes on Sunday, December 15th.
- The studio is closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Have a merry Christmas!
- The studio is closed on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. Have a great start to your new year!
December class packages:
For the month of December, we are offering THREE class packages from which you can choose. All of these offer a discount over the per-class package price of $21:
– Yoga Lite: Receive 4 classes for $76 ($19 per class)
– Yoga Medium: Receive 6 classes for $108 ($18 per class)
– Yoga Pro: Receive 8 classes for $144 ($18 per class)
All of the above December class packages offer a discount over the per-class price. The discounted classes purchased under the December class package must be used between December 1st and December 30th, 2019. Please note there are NO classes on the schedule on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, and December 15th. The class package must be purchased at the Moonflower Yoga studio.
MONTHLY CUSTOMER APPRECIATION GIFT
We appreciate your business! Each month a special gift will be given to the customer who attends the most classes during the calendar month.
The “Prize of the Month” for booking the most classes in the month of November was won by Rose. Congratulations Rose! Rose won the new Moonflower Yoga long-sleeve t-shirt in black. The December contest is underway! Book your classes now and you are automatically entered in this month’s contest.