Where has the year gone! It is hard to believe that we are almost at the end of 2018.
The holidays can be a stressful time – rushing around to purchase holiday gifts, coping with end-of-the-year projects at work, various functions you may be attending, etc. All of these take a toll on us. It is more important than ever to take care of YOU during the holiday season.
If you are feeling overwhelmed, come to a relaxing yoga or meditation class at Moonflower Yoga, and let us help reduce your stress and enabling you to feel better! We have an amazing array of classes from which you can choose. Newcomers are always welcome, and there is a class on the schedule that can fit your needs. We have beginner-level yoga classes EVERY DAY from which you can choose. Or come and have some fun in the Moonflower Yoga “Clubs”: Try the Moonflower Yoga Book Club which has a fun Holiday “Pot Luck” celebration in December where newcomers are welcome, or the Moonflower Yoga Needle Arts Group where you learn to crochet or knit, or the Moonflower Yoga Mah Jongg Club . There are also fun and interesting workshops on the schedule which give you an opportunity to relax, meet new people, and have fun while you de-stress. Click on the “Events” tab above for info on the Clubs, or click on the “Workshops” tab for info on the upcoming workshops!
You will also see below that we are offering some holiday specials including a special gift certificate offer and a sale on our super-soft fleece, full-zip hoodies. Stop by the Moonflower Yoga studio today to take advantage of these great offers. If you’re out of town, a gift certificate can also be sent to you by email, or we can email it directly to the recipient conveying your greetings. Call or email Nancy at the Moonflower Yoga studio for further info. And if you’re looking for a lovely gift for the holidays, check out the beautiful AAOTE aromatherapy jewelry line sold at Moonflower Yoga, which sells for $25 or less per piece and makes a fabulous gift. There are also lovely beaded, handmade bracelets from a Women’s Fair Trade Group for less than $20 each. And who wouldn’t enjoy a beautiful essential oil which help you relax and feel great? Moonflower Yoga has a great array of yummy essential oils from Young Living. Discover more about these special offers and items below.
As we close out 2018, I would like to wish you all very happy holidays and all the best for a wonderful new year. Thank you for all your support of Moonflower Yoga in 2018! May 2019 bring you peace, joy, love, and good health! We look forward to seeing you soon.
SPECIAL HOLIDAY OFFER!! Give the gift of good health – and receive a FREE BONUS CLASS OR MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT !
Not sure what to purchase someone for the holidays? Give the gift of good health!! A Moonflower Yoga gift certificate has a one-year expiration, and can be used for classes and workshops between now and December 31, 2019. The gift certificate can be in any amount or for a specific number of classes.
If you purchase a $100 gift certificate between now and December 31, 2018, you will receive a FREE bonus class redeemable any time in the next year. You can keep the free bonus class for yourself or give the free bonus class to the recipient of the gift certificate. Or you can choose to receive 10% off of a one-time purchase of merchandise at the studio. Discover the wonder of yoga or have fun in one of our intriguing workshops or events! Stop by the Moonflower Yoga studio to purchase your gift certificate which comes in a lovely gift bag – all ready to go! If you are out of town or cannot get to the Moonflower Yoga studio, a gift certificate can be sent to you by email; call the Moonflower Yoga studio at (516) 557-2206 to make your purchase. We can also email a gift certificate directly to the recipient as a special surprise. Purchase yours today!
Great cold weather accessory! Super-soft fleece hoodies on sale!
Need to stay warm on a cool day or evening? Come try one of our very soft, full zip, fleece hoodies. Each one is hand embroidered in Bellmore. They will take out the chill of the day or night & are machine wash/dry. And for a limited time, these beautiful fleece hoodies are on sale for a special price of $38 each. They come in purple or royal blue and are a great gift! Stop by the Moonflower Yoga studio to pick up yours today!
Great holiday gift at less than $25 per piece!: Beautiful Aromatherapy Jewelry from Aspiring Artists of the Earth (AAOTE):
Moonflower Yoga is proud to be a distributor for beautiful AAOTE jewelry. AAOTE makes lovely aromatherapy necklaces and earrings on which you can dispense your favorite essential oil and then enjoy the fragrance of essential oils on your jewelry. You can choose from lava bead necklaces and earrings, carved wood necklaces, lovely medallion necklaces, bracelets, and car diffusers. All pieces come with crystal beads. We also sell gemstone earrings from AAOTE. Stop by the Moonflower Yoga studio to purchase yours today! They are great for yourself or for someone else in your life. No item is more than $25, so they make an affordable gift!
Handmade beaded bracelets – a great gift:
Looking for a special gift for yourself or someone in your life? Try one of our beautiful, handmade beaded bracelets. Each unique bracelet is made in Nepal by a women’s fair trade cooperative. Your purchase enables the women to receive a fair income in a safe work environment. These bracelets come in a beautiful array of colors: red, purple, green, blue, white, black & orange. Each bracelet is $19. And if you purchase 2 or more, receive a special price of just $16 each. They make a great gift! You can purchase these lovely bracelets at the Moonflower Yoga studio.
ESSENTIAL OILS: a wonderful gift year round!
If you have attended a class or workshop at Moonflower Yoga, you have enjoyed the beautiful scent of essential oils being diffused at the studio. These lovely essential oils have many amazing uses, including helping you feel calmer and more relaxed. Try lavender, Stress Away (the name says it all!), Joy, peppermint, cedarwood, bergamot, or a fabulous citrus scent such as Jade Lemon, orange, tangerine, or Citrus Fresh. Looking for a spicy scent? Try Thieves, cinnamon bark or clove. In a holiday mood? Enjoy Christmas Spirit. Come and sample an essential oil at the Moonflower Yoga studio, and you are sure to find a perfect essential oil.
Which classes are best for YOU?
If you are not sure which classes might be good for beginners, or which classes are intermediate level, here is a quick listing with additional information for each class on the “Descriptions” tab above.
You can register for any available class from the “Schedule” tab above. Just double click on the date for the class which you to attend and then follow the simple registration & payment steps and you are all set! Here are some great classes to consider:
BEGINNER-LEVEL YOGA CLASS SUGGESTIONS (Also look for the “B” symbol next to the class title on the Schedule tab):
- Saturday: 8:30 AM Beginner, 11:15 AM Strengthen & Stretch
- Sunday: 9:45 AM Beginner, 11:15 AM Kundalini w/Lori
- Monday: 4:30 PM Beginner Yoga Fundamentals, 6 PM Beginner Stretch, 7:30 PM Candlelight Restorative (alternate Mondays)
- Tuesday: 9:15 AM Morning Movement & Meditation, 11 AM Chair Yoga with Nancy, 5 PM Yoga Basics, 6:15 PM Flow & Let Go! (beginner/intermediate) or the 7:30 PM Stress-Buster series of classes
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM Rejuvenate and Stretch, 4:45 PM Wall and Chair: A Supported Sequence, 6:00 PM Chair Body Stretch and Meditation, 7:45 PM Gentle Yoga Stretch.
- Thursday: 10 AM Stretch & Flow, 11:30 AM Chair Yoga with Lynn, 4:45 PM Stretch and Meditate 101, 6:15 PM Kundalini with Cathi, or 7:45 PM Evening Stretch and Relaxing Restorative Yoga
- Friday: 10 AM Friday Stretch (on hiatus through Nov; returns to the schedule in Dec.)
Are you an experienced yoga student looking for a fabulous, energetic yoga class? Try one of these great yoga classes to get your juices flowing & start you on the road to a toner and stronger you for the summer:
INTERMEDIATE-LEVEL YOGA CLASS SUGGESTIONS (look for the “I” symbol next to the class title on the Schedule tab):
- Saturday: 10 AM Saturday Flow with Nancy
- Monday: 7:30 PM Stretch Intense, and Restore with Danielle (alternate Mondays – check schedule)
- Tuesday: 6:15 PM Flow and Let Go! (beginner/intermediate)
You love Kundalini Yoga on Sundays at 11:15 AM with Lori Pappas.
Now you can join Cathi Nashak for Kundalini Yoga on Thursdays at 6:15 PM!!
Come explore Kundalini Yoga on Thursday nights with Cathi Nashak! Known for its ability to promote health, creativity & spiritual awareness, Kundalini Yoga combines physical exercise, breathing techniques, mantra (chanting) & meditation. This lovely practice caters to both beginners and advanced yogis. In the words of Yogi Bhajan “There is nothing outside of us. It’s all in us.” Give this great class a try!
About Cathi Nashak: Cathi has been teaching great yoga classes at Moonflower Yoga as part of our Tuesday stress-buster series, including a Kundalini meditation & gong class. She is a Registered Yoga Teacher under Yoga Alliance guidelines, and she also successfully completed and received her Kundalini teaching certification from IKYTA, the International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association. Cathi is a certified Usui Reiki Master Practitioner since 2014. Moonflower Yoga is very pleased to have Cathi offer a wonderful Kundalini class on Thursday, in addition to the Tuesday night classes she teaches.
If you cannot join Cathi on Thursday or Tuesday nights, please note that Moonflower Yoga continues to offer a great Kundalini yoga class on Sunday mornings at 11:15 AM with Lori Pappas. Lori Pappas also teaches a wonderful harp and gong workshop every other month on a Friday night; click on the Workshop tab above for the next date.
Hope you can join us for a fascinating Kundalini yoga class or workshop at Moonflower Yoga!
Come learn something new and have fun in a great workshop, event or training session!
Moonflower Yoga has an amazing array of interesting workshops and events from which you choose! People from Bellmore-Merrick-Wantagh-East Meadow-Seaford and other parts of Long Island have been registering, and we hope to see you too. Below is a quick snapshot summary of these very fun activities, and you can discover more info on the “Workshops” or “Events” tabs. You can register for any of these great activities by selecting the activity that you would like to attend on the “Schedule” tab above and following the simple registration and payment steps:
- End the Year with a Gong! (workshop and celebration) (Lori) – Sunday, December 30th, 11:45 AM -1;15 PM: WAS SOLD OUT – one spot now available – book now! Say goodbye to 2018 in this wonderful sound healing event which also includes light Kundalini yoga movement and mantra (chanting). Delicious homemade goodies will be served afterward.
- Reiki Healing Circle with Nancy: Friday, January 4th, 6:30 PM – 8:15 PM: Discover the relaxing qualities of Reiki! This healing circle is open to all and NO prior Reiki experience is needed. Learn why leading medical institutions offer Reiki as an alternative therapy. Each person attending receives a relaxing Reiki treatment.
- Moonflower Yoga Mah Jongg Club: Saturday, January 5th, 2 PM – 3:30 PM: Come join us some fun Mah Jongg games! Newcomers, as well as experienced players willing to work with beginners, are welcome. Click on the “Events” tab for additional info.
- Goal Setting and Vision Board workshop: Sunday, January 6th, 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM: Do you set New Year’s resolutions & shortly forget them? What do YOU want to accomplish in 2019? Learn PROVEN techniques to help you set your goals and keep them in this inspiring workshop led by Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy Weshkoff, and Christine Senetto. Click on the “Workshop” tab for more info.
- Learn How To Read Tarot Cards (Part 1 of 3) with Danielle: Friday, January 11th, 6:30 PM -8:30 PM: Have a blast learning how to read tarot cards for yourself and friends in this great 3-part workshop with Danielle Meill! Part 2 is on February 8th and Part 3 is on March 8th. Click on the “Workshop” tab above for additional info and special package pricing. details.
- Reiki Level Three Master Practitioner training: Saturday, January 12th, 1:15 PM – 5:45 PM: In this training session, you will become a Reiki Master! The training is open to anyone who successfully completed Levels One and Two. Learn the final 3 symbols of Reiki and receive 4 additional attunements.
- Moonflower Yoga Book Club: Sunday, January 13th, 4:30 PM – 6 PM: Take a journey with a great book while having fun and making new friends! Because there is a longer gap between meetings, we will be discussing TWO books for the next meeting: “Pachinko” and “9 Perfect Strangers”. You are welcome to read one or both of these books and join us. Click on the “Events” tab above for more info on the book.
- Discover Ayurveda and Your Dosha Type: Friday, January 18th, 6:30 PM – 8 PM: Feeling irritable? Difficulty sleeping? Come discover the principles of Ayurveda, the science of life, which has been successfully practiced for thousands of years. You will learn what your “dosha” type is and how following your dosha type may help you feel better. Informative materials included. This workshop is taught by Moonflower Yoga owner Nancy Weshkoff.
- Learn about your chakras & feel better (Part 1 of 3) with Danielle Meill: Saturday, January 19th, 1:30 PM – 3:45 PM: Come discover more about your chakras (energy centers) and become more attuned with yourself! In part 1 of this 3-part workshop, Danielle will cover the basics on the chakra and focus on the root chakra, the sacrum & the solar plexus which help you feel more grounded and stable. Part 2 is on Feb 2nd and Part 3 is on March 2nd. Click on the “Workshop” tab for additional info.
- Moonflower Yoga Needle Arts Group: Sunday, January 20th, 430 PM – 6 PM: Come join our fun group and learn how to do basic crocheting and knitting! Newcomers, as well as people experienced in knitting and crocheting, are welcome. Discover the meditative quality of needle arts!
- Harp and Gong Sound Healing with Lori Pappas: Friday, January 25th, 6:30 PM – 8 PM: only 2 spots open – book now – previous sessions sold out! Join us for a wonderful evening as Lori plays her beautiful new harp, as well as her gong, for a lovely sound bath. This will also include light Kundalini yoga movement, mantra (chanting) & meditation. Great way to de-stress!
- American Heart Association Heart Saver CPR/AED training with Linda Law: Saturday, January 26th, starting at 1:30 PM (lasts 2-4 hours): What happens if a loved one goes into cardiac arrest? Knowing how to perform CPR may help keep that person alive while you are waiting for emergency personnel to arrive. Heartsaver CPR/AED courses are designed for a person with little or no medical training and can be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting. Click on the “Workshop” tab for additional info.
- Reiki Level One training: Sunday, January 27th, 1:30 PM – 5:45 PM – SOLD OUT – a waiting list is available or try March 10th: Come learn the basics of Reiki and receive a Reiki Level One certification. You will learn the history of Reiki and how to do a Reiki treatment on yourself as well as others. You will discover the relaxing qualities of Reiki and be supplied with an informative book to continue your Reiki experience after you complete this Level One certification. This Reiki Level One training will be taught by Reiki Master Teacher and Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy Weshkoff.
- Learn about your chakras & feel better (Part 2 of 3) with Danielle Meill: Saturday, February 2nd, 1:30 PM – 2:45 PM: Come discover more about your chakras (energy centers) and become more attuned with yourself! In part 2 of this 3-part workshop, Danielle will cover focus on the heart and throat chakras to enable you to listen to your heart and speak your truth. Part 3 is on March 2nd. Click on the “Workshop” tab for additional info.
- Learn How To Read Tarot Cards (Part 2 of 3) with Danielle: Friday, February 8th, 6:30 PM -8:30 PM: Have a blast learning how to read tarot cards for yourself and friends in this great 3-part workshop with Danielle Meill! Part one was on January 11th, and Part 3 is on March 8th. Click on the “Workshop” tab above for additional info and special package pricing. details.
- Reiki Level Two training: Saturday, February 23rd, 1:15 PM – 5:45 PM: Further explore Reiki in this Reiki Level Two training, open to anyone who successfully completed Reiki Level One. Learn the first 3 symbols of Reiki including the distance symbol to send healing energy to someone who is not in the same room as you. This training session will be done by Nancy Weshkoff, Owner of Moonflower Yoga and Reiki Master Teacher.
- Learn about your chakras & feel better (Part 3 of 3) with Danielle Meill: Saturday, March 2nd, 1:30 PM – 3:45 PM: Come discover more about your chakras (energy centers) and become more attuned with yourself! In part 3 of this 3-part workshop, Danielle will give you a broader overview of the 7 chakras and focus on the third eye and crown chakras which help you tap into your spiritual side. Click on the “Workshop” tab for additional info.
- Learn How To Read Tarot Cards (Part 3 of 3) with Danielle: Friday, March 8th, 6:30 PM -8:30 PM: Have a blast learning how to read tarot cards for yourself and friends in this great 3-part workshop with Danielle Meill! Part one was on January 11th, and Part two was on February 8th. Click on the “Workshop” tab above for additional info and special package pricing. details.
- Reiki Level One training: Sunday, March 10th, 1:30 PM – 5:45 PM – SOLD OUT – a waiting list is available or try March 10th: Come learn the basics of Reiki and receive a Reiki Level One certification. You will learn the history of Reiki and how to do a Reiki treatment on yourself as well as others. You will discover the relaxing qualities of Reiki and be supplied with an informative book to continue your Reiki experience after you complete this Level One certification. This Reiki Level One training will be taught by Reiki Master Teacher and Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy Weshkoff.
- Reiki Level Three Master Practitioner training: Sunday, March 24th, 1:15 PM – 5:45 PM: In this training session, you will become a Reiki Master! The training is open to anyone who successfully completed Levels One and Two. Learn the final 3 symbols of Reiki and receive 4 additional attunements.
- STAY TUNED! We are planning more great workshops and events for the coming months!
Check out Moonflower Yoga on longislandforsale.com!:
Moonflower Yoga is proud to announce that Long Island for Sale has written a great piece on Moonflower Yoga. Here is the link to read the article, and if you are looking for a home in the Long Island area, Long Island for Sale can help you:
Come try our relaxing “Stress-Buster” series of classes (Tuesdays at 7:30 PM):
Life has many challenges that create stress. Stress is harmful and leads to conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and more. Reducing your stress can lower your disease risk. This series of classes on Tuesday nights are designed to help you reduce your stress and feel better. You’ll love this great variety of interesting and calming classes!
Here is the December schedule for our Stress-Buster series:
- Kundalini meditation & gong relaxation with Cathi: December 4th: Release the stress of your day through pranayama (breathing techniques), meditation and an extended gong bath. The immediate effects of Kundalini technique will allow you to relax and let go, while gong therapy restores the body and mind to a state of peace.
- Candlelight Restorative with Nancy (December 18th): In this particular class, melt away your stress in this lovely, very relaxing class which is done while resting on the floor. You will spend several minutes gently stretching and unwinding in each restorative posture with the help of props such as bolsters, blankets, and pillows. The class will be lit by candlelight with soft music in the background. Essential oils are diffused to help you further relax. Nancy, who is a Reiki Master Teacher, also provides a brief, optional Reiki treatment while you are reclining for those who chose to have a Reiki treatment. You will leave feeling refreshed and renewed!
LONG ISLAND CARES
Through the generous support of so many in the Moonflower Yoga community, we collected approximately 250 lbs. of food and personal care items throughout the year. THANK YOU! Sadly many people on Long Island cannot afford food or personal care items and your donations help them. Some of the things that are most in need are those items that are not covered by food stamps, particularly pet food, diapers, shampoo, soap, etc., as food stamps only cover food items. At the moment, what Long Island Cares mostly needs is CAT FOOD. People often donate dog food but not cat food. When someone is struggling financially and cannot afford to purchase pet food, the pet sadly ends up on the street or taken to a shelter. Adult cats often do not get adopted, as people tend to adopt kittens. This is very sad for the pet, who does not understand why they are being abandoned, as well as for the owner who is forced to make a difficult decision. You can help keep these pets from a shelter or being euphonized by providing some food to keep the pet with its owner. If you can donate some cat food to the Moonflower Yoga studio, we will take the items to Long Island Cares to help prevent this problem. Whatever you can donate is appreciated! Thank you!
NEW LONG-SLEEVE T-SHIRTS HAVE ARRIVED!
With the start of cooler weather, NEW, long-sleeve t-shirts have arrived! These great, super soft t-shirts come in a light, heathered-blue shade and are in everyone’s favorite tunic style with a modest v-neck. Come pick up yours today at the Moonflower Yoga studio!
Schedule changes for December:
- The Moonflower Yoga studio is closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (Dec 24 and 25). For those who celebrate Christmas, have a wonderful holiday!
- The Moonflower Yoga studio is closed on New Year’s Eve (December 31). Wishing everyone a very happy new year!
- The Evening Stretch and Relaxing Restorative Yoga class on December 27 will be taught by Dovie instead of Melinda.
- The Saturday Flow class on Saturday, December 29th, will be taught by Rose instead of Nancy.
December class packages:
For the month of December, we are offering THREE class packages from which you can choose. All of these offer a discount over the per-class package price of $21:
– Yoga Lite: Receive 4 classes for $76 ($19 per class)
– Yoga Medium: Receive 6 classes for $108 ($18 per class)
– Yoga Pro: Receive 8 classes for $144 ($18 per class)
All of the above December class packages offer a discount over the per-class price. The discounted classes purchased under the December class package must be used between December 1st and December 30th, 2018. Please note the Moonflower Yoga studio is closed for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (December 24 and 25), as well as New Year’s Eve (December 31st). The class package must be purchased at the Moonflower Yoga studio.
MONTHLY CUSTOMER APPRECIATION GIFT
We appreciate your business! Each month a special gift will be given to the customer who attends the most classes during the calendar month.
The “Prize of the Month” for booking the most classes in the month of November was won by Mary S. Congratulations Mary! Mary won the Moonflower Yoga t-shirt that she is holding. The December contest is underway! Book your classes now and you are automatically entered in this month’s contest!