A note from Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy Weshkoff….
Introducing “Yoga Your Way!” and the limited reopening of the Moonflower Yoga studio doors!
The pandemic has been a challenging and difficult time for so many of us. Things are now moving in a positive direction. For those of you who have continued to support Moonflower Yoga through the pandemic by attending Zoom classes and events, the teachers and I thank you!
As things start to slowly return to normal, considerable thought has been given to what the next phase of Moonflower Yoga should look like. I have listened to your concerns, and your feedback has been important. Many of you have indicated that you love the Zoom classes and would like to continue with these – that’s great and the teachers and I are glad you enjoy them! Others have indicated they miss the in-person class experience and would like to see a return to in-person classes.
Keeping your feedback in mind, I have designed a new, unique offering which went into effect on June 13th. This new offering is entitled:
Yoga Your Way!
With the implementation of Yoga Your Way, you will have several ways in which you can attend a great yoga or meditation class at Moonflower Yoga. There is a limited reopening of the Moonflower Yoga studio for some in-person classes. Here are some key points about Yoga Your Way!:
- Do you like the convenience of Zoom classes at home? Every class on the schedule will be available via Zoom! If you live out of state or away from the studio, or just feel more comfortable practicing at home in a Zoom environment, you can still attend any class on the schedule via Zoom.
- Would you prefer a 60-minute class instead of 30 minutes? The new Yoga Your Way initiative will offer some 60-minute yoga classes.
- In a time crunch? There will also be 30-minute yoga classes on the schedule for when your time is limited.
- Do you miss in-person classes? The studio doors have reopened for some 60-minute classes on the Moonflower Yoga schedule with a new “hybrid class” program; see further details below.
These are now 3 new class categories:
- 30-minute Zoom-only classes.
- NEW! 60-minute Zoom-only classes.
- NEW! 60-minute “hybrid” yoga classes. In the hybrid yoga class, the class is available via Zoom -AND- it is available to a maximum of 4 fully-vaccinated individuals to attend in person at the Moonflower Yoga studio.
Let me explain more about the new “hybrid” classes …
The Moonflower Yoga studio room has been refitted so that it can accommodate a maximum of 4 yoga students in the physical studio room for a live yoga class. Two students will be on the right side of the room; 2 students will be on the left side. If you are one of the 4 people attending in person, you will NOT be on camera during the class. Simultaneously, this will be a Zoom class so that students at home can attend using Zoom as you currently do. There is a camera in the studio room to capture the instructor of the class so that the students attending via Zoom can follow along with the instructor, just as you do currently in a Zoom class. There is also a TV screen in the studio room s0 the teacher can also interact with the Zoom attendees.
With the implementation of the new “Yoga Your Way” class system, here is a listing of the classes on the schedule with their new class designation. If you would like more info on each of these classes, click on the “Descriptions” tab above.
With the implementation of the new “Yoga Your Way” class system, here is a listing of the classes on the schedule with their new class designation.
- Beginner Yoga with Nancy at 9:45 AM – 60-minute hybrid class.
- Hatha Yoga with Vicky at 5:15 PM – 30-minute Zoom-only class.
- Relax and De-Stress with Guided Meditation with Cathi at 7 PM – 30-minute Zoom-only class. No prior meditation experience needed!
- Morning Meditation and Movement with Jessica at 9:30 AM – 30-minute Zoom-only class.
- Chair Yoga with Nancy at 12 noon – 60-minute hybrid class.
- Yoga Basics with Rose at 6 PM – 30-minute Zoom-only class.
- Move with the Moon with Theresa/Terry at 7:15 PM – 60-minute hybrid class.
- Yin Yoga Stretch with Rose at 10 AM – 30-minute Zoom-only class.
- Chair Barre Basics with Lynn at 5:15 PM – 30-minute Zoom-only class.
- Stretch, Meditate and Relax with Dona Dovie at 7 PM – 30-minute Zoom-only class: Please note one week a month (generally the last week of the month) it has an earlier start time of 630 PM.
- Stretch and Flow with Nancy at 10 AM – 60-minute hybrid class.
- Chair Yoga with Vicky at 11:30 AM – 30-minute Zoom-only class.
- Yoga for Bone Health with Lynn at 5:15 PM – 60-minute hybrid class.
- Slow Flow and Singing Bowls with Jessica at 7 PM – 60-minute Zoom-only class.
- Awaken the Subtle Body yoga class with Theresa at 10 AM – 30-minute Zoom-only class.
- Saturday Flow with Nancy at 10 AM – 60-minute hybrid class.
Safety Protocols for the hybrid classes:
There are some safety protocols that are being implemented in an effort to protect students and teachers coming into the Moonflower Yoga studio for the new hybrid classes:
- The studio room, as well as the office/merchandise area, has been fitted with a new HEPA filtration system to keep the air clean and disinfected for those attending the new hybrid classes.
- The instructor will be fully vaccinated. I am also fully vaccinated.
- The students entering the studio must be fully vaccinated and show proof of full vaccination the first time they attend a class.
- There will be a temperature check at the door.
- There will be a hand-sanitizing station to disinfect your hands when entering. You will be asked to please sanitize your hands on entry.
- The in-studio classes will be limited to 4 students.
- You will need to bring your own yoga props for the in-studio class and take your props home with you when you leave. This means you will need to bring your own yoga mat, yoga blanket (if desired), yoga strap (if desired) and bolster (if desired). If you would like to purchase any of these items, Moonflower Yoga sells new props sealed in plastic including blankets, straps, blocks, and bolsters. We also sell great yoga mats. Yoga blocks can be provided for class use and will be cleaned with disinfecting wipes after each class use.
There will be different class prices depending on the type of class you select. If your budget is limited, a 30-minute Zoom class, priced at just $11, is a great option. Information on the new pricing models is on the “Pricing” tab above. And if you spend $100 or more on classes during a specific month, you receive a FREE 30-min Zoom class registration with our thanks.
We are excited about these new options available under the new “Yoga Your Way!” program and hope you will enjoy the various new options that you now have available for attending a great yoga class at Moonflower Yoga! If you have any questions or need additional information, please let us know. Thank you, and we look forward to having you join us soon for a great yoga or meditation class.
Other monthly news at the Moonflower Yoga studio ….
October has arrived! For many who are school teachers or parents or grandparents of school-age children, with October comes a bit of settling into a new routine for the school year. The late afternoon is a great time to have a transition between school and settling down to dinner and evening’s relaxation. For those who may be working remotely from home and can log off from your computer at 5 PM, this time period is a good one too for de-stressing from your workday. With that in mind, there are some wonderful late afternoon classes you could consider attending which are all available via Zoom. These are great for releasing muscle tension, reducing stress and anxiety from the day, and taking time for YOU to concentrate on some needed self-care so you can be ready for a restful, relaxing evening. Below are some fabulous weekday late afternoon class choices to consider, all of which are suitable for beginners. Roll out your yoga mat and join us!
- Mondays at 5:15 PM – Hatha Yoga for Beginners with Vicky (30-minute Zoom-only class): In this great class, Vicky will guide you through a series of fundamental standing and seated yoga poses to stretch your muscles, release muscle tension from the day, and improve strength, flexibility, and balance. Hatha is the traditional practice of yoga, and the poses in this class will prepare you for any other style of yoga you might want to try. The class ends with quiet relaxation reclining on your mat. Note: This is NOT “hot yoga”.
- Tuesdays at 6 PM – Yoga Basics with Rose (30-minute Zoom-only class): This lovely class with Rose will focus on some key, fundamental yoga poses, both seated and standing, that stretch and strengthen various parts of the body while creating a feeling of peace and calm. The class will also include poses to increase your flexibility and improve your strength and balance. It will conclude with a relaxation pose on the ground to help you further de-stress. There may also be some breathing (pranayama) segments to calm the mind.
- Wednesdays at 5:15 PM – Chair Barre Basics with Lynn (30-minute Zoom-only class): The “barre” in this class refers to a “ballet barre”, and you will use a chair at home instead of the wall barre to lift, stretch, strengthen, sculpt, and tone your body. The class is designed to increase your stamina, awaken weak muscles, decrease stress and restore balance to your body/mind. Using only your own body resistance and a simple chair, the class will use a sequence of low-impact movements to correct posture, improve alignment and find extension of form. There is NO floor work in this class.
- Thursdays at 515 PM – Yoga for Bone Health with Lynn (Note: This is a 60-minute HYBRID class): Osteoporosis causes peri-menopausal and post-menopausal woman to suffer significant bone loss due to the sharp drop in the production of estrogen. This great class will concentrate on 15 key postures (standing and seated) that provide weight-bearing oppositional force crucial to help improve bone health. Some of the poses will be held for up to one minute to improve strength and help prevent falls. There will also be focus on stretching tight muscles and building stability and agility.
Come learn something new and have fun in a great upcoming workshop, event or training session!
Moonflower Yoga has an amazing array of interesting workshops and events from which you choose! People from Bellmore-Merrick-Wantagh-East Meadow-Seaford and other parts of Long Island have been registering, and we hope to see you too. Below is a quick snapshot summary of these very fun activities, and you can discover more info on the “Workshops” or “Clubs” tabs. You can register for any of these great activities by selecting the activity that you would like to attend on the “Schedule” tab above and following the simple registration and payment steps.
- Sound Healing Gong Evening with Guided Meditation (Cathi) – SOLD OUT – wait list available (see the Workshop tab for more info): Friday, October 22nd, 7:15 – 8:15 PM: Melt away tension in this lovely meditation & gong relaxation evening with Cathi! Release the stress of your day through guided meditation and the wonderful, relaxing sound healing from Cathi’s beautiful gongs. The gong therapy helps to restore the body and mind to a state of peace. Please note this in-person event will be limited to 4 FULLY-VACCINATED individuals. You will need to show proof of vaccination and have a temperature check at the door in order to attend. Stay tuned; a November date will be announced soon.
- Moonflower Yoga Book Club: FREE online meeting via Zoom on Sunday, October 24th, 4:30 PM – 6 PM: Take a journey with a great book while having fun and making new friends! For our next meeting, we will be discussing “The Last Thing He Told Me”. All are welcome to read this book and join us. Click on the “Clubs” tab above for more info on the book.
- Yoga Nidra (Yogic Sleep and Deep Meditation) with Jackie Lee (offered online via Zoom!): Wednesday, October 27th, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM: Feeling stressed? Join Jackie Lee from the safety and comfort of your living room or bedroom for this relaxing evening! Yoga Nidra, known as yogic sleep, is a deep meditation used to promote physical, mental, and emotional relaxation. You will deeply relax in a reclining position on your couch, in your bed, or on the floor, as you are led through a deep guided meditation. You can also set your Sankalpa (heart-felt intention). One hour of yoga nidra = 4 hours of sleep!
- The Moonflower Yoga Book Needle Arts Group: FREE online meeting via Zoom on Saturday, November 6th beginning at 4:30 PM – Come join us for our fun group! The practice of Needle Arts which includes crochet, knitting, needlepoint & quilting are wonderful meditative and stress-reducing tools. Work on your piece, share your handiwork, and have fun chatting with the other members. We also donate finished pieces for those who wish to do so to people in need. Our latest scarf drive will support Operation Gratitude, which sends these scarves to our brave men and women in the military.
- An Evening of Guided Meditation with Bhante Sujatha (online workshop): Friday, November 12th, from 7:15 PM – 8:15 PM: If you are feeling anxious or can’t sleep, try guided meditation! Join us for a wonderful evening with Bhante Sujatha as he leads you in a guided meditation which you can do from the safety & comfort of your home. Bhante is a 30+ year Buddhist Monk, who is singularly focused on adding more love in the world. Bhante teaches loving-kindness meditation to people around the globe for all those seeking the art of happiness and contentment. His approach to meditation is deep and simple, which he explains in a way that is practical and easy to understand. A joyful, radiant, funny and wildly energetic monk, Bhante will help you obtain peace that can only be found in deep silence. Bhante is originally from Sri Lanka and is the head monk / abbot of the Blue Lotus Buddhist Temple and Meditation Center in Woodstock, IL.
- In the Kitchen with Bob! (a LIVE vegan cooking demo using Zoom): Sunday, November 14th, 4:15 PM – 6:15 PM: Join Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy, and her husband, Bob, for a fun, LIVE, interactive cooking workshop from their kitchen! We will supply you with the recipes in advance of the workshop so you can cook along with us from your own kitchen. You’ll then have a delicious meal to enjoy at the end of the workshop! If you prefer to just watch the preparation and cooking, that’s fine too. As this is interactive, you can ask questions while cooking from your kitchen. Have fun with us while learning something new!
- Yoga Nidra (Yogic Sleep and Deep Meditation) with Jackie Lee (offered online via Zoom!): Wednesday, November 17th, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM: Feeling stressed? Join Jackie Lee from the safety and comfort of your living room or bedroom for this relaxing evening! Yoga Nidra, known as yogic sleep, is a deep meditation used to promote physical, mental, and emotional relaxation. You will deeply relax in a reclining position on your couch, in your bed, or on the floor, as you are led through a deep guided meditation. You can also set your Sankalpa (heart-felt intention). One hour of yoga nidra = 4 hours of sleep!
- Moonflower Yoga Book Club: FREE online meeting via Zoom on Sunday, November 28th, 4:30 PM – 6 PM: Take a journey with a great book while having fun and making new friends! Stay tuned for the title of the book we will be reading in this November meeting. All are welcome to read the selected book and join us. Click on the “Clubs” tab above for more info on the book.
Upcoming class changes:
- For the month of October, ALL of the yoga and meditation classes on the schedule will be offered online via Zoom. There is also an option for a maximum of 4 individuals to attend specific classes in person under the new “Yoga Your Way!” program. Scroll up for additional info about Your Your Way!
- The Yoga Basics class on Tuesdays at 6 PM will be taught by Rose through the end of October, except on Oct 26. The Oct 26 class will be taught by Jessica.
- The Stretch, Meditate and Relax class is now a 30-minute Zoom class taught by Dona Dovie on Wednesday evenings. Please note that on October 27th it will have an earlier start time of 630 PM.
- The Slow Flow and Singing Bowls class with Jessica moves to Thursdays at 7 PM. (It was previously offered on Wednesdays at 7 PM). It remains a 60-minute Zoom-only class.
- The Yin Yoga Stretch class with Rose on Wednesdays at 10 AM will change from a 60-minute, Zoom-only class to a 30-minute, Zoom-only class beginning in October. The start time remains at 10 AM.
- The Awaken the Subtle Body yoga class with Theresa on Friday, Oct 29th, has been cancelled for this one day.
Curbside pickup at the studio is available!
Curbside pickup at the studio is available for some items you may need for your home practice. How about a beautiful Hugger Mugger yoga mat? Hugger Mugger Tapas yoga mats, which Moonflower Yoga sells, were just rated one of the top 3 best yoga mats in the US. They are very durable and last for years if you keep it safely in your house and not in your car or garage. With each new yoga mat purchased, we are currently including a FREE Moonflower Yoga mat bag to store your new mat. We also sell yoga blocks, yoga straps, blankets, and bolsters which are wonderful for your home practice. Or you can purchase a lovely, relaxing Young Living essential oil. Could you use a bottle of favorite Stress Away right now? Lavender essential oil is great for relaxation or helping with skin irritation. Citrus Fresh or Tangerine adds a lovely clean scent to your home or try Thieves for a spicy scent. Moonflower Yoga sells a wide variety of Young Living essential oils; just ask us! We also have lovely handmade beaded bracelets, as well as AAOTE aromatherapy jewelry items. Our super-soft signature t-shirts and hoodies are also available in a variety of sizes. Just let Nancy know which items you would like to purchase, and she will arrange for a cashless online purchase and a curbside delivery to your car from the studio.
Sturdy Yoga Blocks from Huggermugger are available – now in a fun purple color!
A yoga block is a great tool to have for your home practice. It gives you support for your poses. You can sit on the block for more comfort in seated poses. If you have difficulty reaching the floor with your fingertips, the block can raise the floor for you as you work on improving flexibility. If you are doing a bridge pose, a block under your seat can provide more comfort & stability. These durable yoga blocks will last for years. They are priced at just $18 each and are available for curbside pickup. In addition to this purple color, it can be ordered for you in green or blue marbled shades.
Yoga blankets now in stock for your practice or warmth from Huggermugger:
With the cold weather upon us, it is a perfect time to have a warm yoga blanket to cover your body in Shavasana (final relaxation pose) or as a blanket in your home. These thick rectangular blankets from Huggermugger can also be used as a replacement for a bolster in certain yoga poses, as well as provide support for your knees in kneeling poses. The ones sold are the studio are hypoallergenic, with NO wool, and are machine washable. We currently have them in black/white/gray plaid, blue/white plaid, purple/white plaid, and green/white plaid. They should last you for many years. If you would like to purchase one of these fabulous blankets, send an email to this email address, and we can arrange for contactless payment and curbside delivery to your parked car from the studio parking lot.
MONTHLY CUSTOMER APPRECIATION GIFT
We appreciate your business! Each month a special gift will be given to the customer who attends the most classes during the calendar month.
The most recent “Prize of the Month” for booking the most classes in the month was won by Leslie. Congratulations Leslie! Leslie won a bottle of Purification essential oil from Young Living.