Welcome to 2023!
A new year has arrived! I hope you have a very happy new year and send you best wishes for good health, happiness, and many blessings.
If we have not seen you in a while, or if you are new to yoga and have not been prioritizing taking care of you, then let the new year be a time for a new beginning. It is always important to take care of ourselves. And while we may be busy with other things or taking care of other people, we need to take care of ourselves FIRST so that we can then have the strength to handle other responsibilities.
With the arrival of January, the weather becomes more challenging with cold and snowy weather. The great thing about the classes on the Moonflower Yoga schedule is that EVERY class and activity is available online through Zoom so you can comfortably join us for a class from the warmth and comfort of your home. There is NO geographic limitation, as you can attend a class from anywhere in the world. We have some “snowbird” students who continue to join us for classes from the warmth of their Florida residence during the winter months before returning to Long Island in the spring. If you prefer an in-person experience, we offer this too through the “hybrid” classes on the schedule; please see the important info about “hybrid” classes on the “Descriptions” tab above.
The new year is also a great time to learn something new. I am debuting a special NEW Yoga Exploration workshop on Saturday afternoon, January 14th, as we explore how yoga is more than just the physical movement that we do in a yoga class. In this interesting workshop, you will discover things about yoga that you did not know previously. It will incorporate a discussion, yoga postures, and a guided chakra meditation for energy clearing and relaxation. Join us for this interesting afternoon and discover ways to help you de-stress and relax! Click on the “Workshops” tab above for additional information; register from the “Schedule” tab.
If you would like to further relax while learning something new, join us for some of our monthly de-stressing workshops. Scroll down to the “Coming Soon” section or click on the “Workshops” tab and “Clubs” tab above for more info. These are always fun and interesting activities!
Join us for one of our great weekly classes!
Yoga has helped many feel more relaxed, as well as tone and stretch muscles, increase flexibility, improve balance, and enable you to gain strength. It can help you too! Moonflower Yoga has 14 great weekly yoga or meditation classes from which you can choose. All of the classes on the schedule are suitable for beginners or those seeking a slower-paced class where you can deeply stretch while strengthening your body and improving flexibility. As mentioned above, every class on the Moonflower Yoga schedule is available via Zoom. Select classes, designated as “hybrid yoga classes”, are also available for LIMITED in-person attendance; please read the “Descriptions” tab for more info on hybrid classes. We look forward to seeing you either online or in person for a hybrid class.
There is NEVER a membership contract to sign at Moonflower Yoga. You can register and purchase just one single activity. To register for a single activity, click on the “Schedule” tab above, select your activity, and follow the simple registration and payment steps for that activity. You will receive written confirmations for your registration and payment. Payment is via PayPal but you do NOT need a PayPal account in order to purchase an activity. PayPal accepts ALL major credit cards, and there is NO processing fee charged to you for using PayPal for a class or workshop purchase.
Would you like to attend multiple activities in a specific calendar month? If so, it would be great to have you attending multiple activities with us! If you spend $100 in class purchases for the calendar month, you receive a FREE 30-minute class in that month as a thank you. To purchase a class package, instead of registering for each individual class, simply send an email to email@example.com advising which classes you would like to attend for the month. We will get the paperwork started and reserve your spots for you.
We look forward to having you join us at the start of the new year! Have a happy new year!
Class spotlight: Relax and De-Stress with Guided Meditation with Rosanne (Mondays at 7 PM) – 30 min online class which you can attend while relaxing at home
Come explore the wonders of meditation! Doctors all recommend meditation as a tool to help you relax, de-stress, and allow you to feel better. Meditation is available to everyone, and NO prior meditation experience is needed for this class. All are welcome to join us.
Rosanne Cassidy will lead you into a guided meditation in this lovely class which you can do from your living room while seated in your favorite chair, or reclining in your bed or on a couch, or sitting on the ground, or reclining on the floor of your home, – whichever is most comfortable for you. If you are doing this from the floor, you may want to have a blanket, pillow, or towel nearby to use as a prop to support your head. Sit back or lay down as you relax and listen to Rosanne’s soothing voice guiding you through the meditation as she provides visualizations to help you relax. Come join us and de-stress, and prepare yourself for a restful night’s sleep.
NO previous yoga experience is needed for any of the yoga or meditation classes on the moonfloweryoga.com schedule, and beginners are always welcome. And since this is available via Zoom, you do NOT need to travel or live near Bellmore to attend – just join us at home from the comfort of your living room anywhere in the country and feel great using Zoom. Check it out! Register now by selecting the class you would like to attend from the Schedule tab above and follow the simple registration and payment steps.
Below is a full listing of our great upcoming workshops and Club events. Come learn something new and have fun with us from the comfort of your home!
Moonflower Yoga has an amazing array of interesting workshops and events from which you choose! People from Bellmore-Merrick-Wantagh-East Meadow-Seaford and other parts of Long Island have been registering, and we hope to see you too. Below is a quick snapshot summary of these very fun activities, and you can discover more info on the “Workshops” or “Clubs” tabs. You can register for any of these great activities by selecting the activity that you would like to attend on the “Schedule” tab above and following the simple registration and payment steps.
- Evening of Guided Meditation and Peacefulness with Bhante Sujatha (online workshop): Tuesday, January 24th, 7:15 PM – 8:15 PM: If you are feeling anxious or can’t sleep, try guided meditation! Join us for a wonderful evening with Bhante Sujatha as he leads you in a guided meditation which you can do from the safety & comfort of your home. Bhante is a 30+ year Buddhist Monk, who is singularly focused on adding more love in the world. Bhante teaches loving-kindness meditation to people around the globe for all those seeking the art of happiness and contentment. His approach to meditation is deep and simple, which he explains in a way that is practical and easy to understand. A joyful, radiant, funny and wildly energetic monk, Bhante will help you obtain peace that can only be found in deep silence.
- Moonflower Yoga Book Club: FREE online meeting via Zoom on Sunday, January 29th, 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM: Take a journey with a great book while having fun and making new friends! For our January meeting, we will be discussing TWO books: “Lessons in Chemistry” and “Killers of a Certain Age”. All are welcome to read these books and join us. Click on the “Clubs” tab above for more info on the book.
- The Moonflower Yoga Needle Arts Group: FREE online meeting via Zoom – Saturday, February 4th, 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM: Come join us for our fun group! The practice of Needle Arts which includes crochet, knitting, needlepoint & quilting are wonderful meditative and stress-reducing tools. Work on your piece, share your handiwork, and have fun chatting with the other members. We also donate finished pieces for those who wish to do so to people in need. Our latest scarf drive will support Operation Gratitude, which sends these scarves to our brave men and women in the military.
- Restorative Yoga Poetry Night special event (Melinda) (offered online via Zoom): Wednesday, February 8th, 7:15 PM – 8:15 PM: Come join us for a unique event! Melinda will guide you through a sequence of relaxing restorative yoga poses, while reading a selection of inspiring poems. The poetry recited aloud will feel like a guided meditation, deepening the experience of each posture. Both poetry and yoga encourage you to connect with your body, mind and surroundings. Using poetry and yoga together will harness a sense of awareness, peace and gratitude. Join us for this relaxing and heartfelt night.
- The Seven Chakras: Breathe, Meditate and Create: Color Therapy with Glass Wind Chime Craft with Lynn Pieroni (special HYBRID workshop): Saturday, February 11th, 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM: According to yogic tradition, there are 7 chakras (energy centers) in our body which distribute our life-force energy. It is important to keep these flowing so you can feel well. Lynn will explain the chakras and how they work, and then you will have a great crafting opportunity as you design and create your own unique glass wind chime incorporating the colors of the chakras. Join us for this interesting workshop!
- In the Kitchen with Bob! (a LIVE online plant-based cooking demo using Zoom): Sunday, February 19th, 4:15 PM – 6:15 PM: Join Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy, and her husband, Bob, for a fun, LIVE, interactive cooking workshop from their kitchen! We will supply you with the recipes in advance of the workshop so you can cook along with us from your own kitchen. You’ll then have a delicious meal to enjoy at the end of the workshop! If you prefer to just watch the preparation and cooking, that’s fine too. As this is interactive, you can ask questions while cooking from your kitchen. Have fun with us while learning something new!
- Yoga Nidra (Yogic Sleep and Deep Meditation) with Jacqueline Hartmann (offered online via Zoom): Wednesday, Feb 15th, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM: Feeling stressed? Join Jackie from the safety and comfort of your living room or bedroom for this relaxing evening! Yoga Nidra, known as yogic sleep, is a deep meditation used to promote physical, mental, and emotional relaxation. You will deeply relax in a reclining position on your couch, in your bed, or on the floor, as you are led through a deep guided meditation. You can also set your Sankalpa (heart-felt intention). One hour of yoga nidra = 4 hours of sleep!
- Evening of Guided Meditation and Peacefulness with Bhante Sujatha (online workshop): Tuesday, February 21st, 7:15 PM – 8:15 PM: If you are feeling anxious or can’t sleep, try guided meditation! Join us for a wonderful evening with Bhante Sujatha as he leads you in a guided meditation which you can do from the safety & comfort of your home. Bhante is a 30+ year Buddhist Monk, who is singularly focused on adding more love in the world. Bhante teaches loving-kindness meditation to people around the globe for all those seeking the art of happiness and contentment. His approach to meditation is deep and simple, which he explains in a way that is practical and easy to understand. A joyful, radiant, funny and wildly energetic monk, Bhante will help you obtain peace that can only be found in deep silence.
Stay tuned!!! We are in the process of adding several great NEW WORKSHOPS to the schedule, all of which will be available via Zoom.
You can obtain more info on our great workshops by selecting the “Workshops” tab above. To register for a workshop or any of our fabulous yoga or meditation classes, select the “Schedule” tab above and follow the simple registration and payment steps. Payment is via PayPal but you do NOT need a PayPal account and there is NO PayPal fee charged to you. You can simply purchase your spot by using any major credit card card or a PayPal account if you have one. The “FAQ” tab above provides answers to other questions that you may have. Thank you, and we look forward to having you join us!
Curbside pickup at the studio is available!
Curbside pickup at the studio is available for some items you may need for your home practice. How about a beautiful Hugger Mugger yoga mat? Hugger Mugger Tapas yoga mats, which Moonflower Yoga sells, were just rated one of the top 3 best yoga mats in the US. They are very durable and last for years if you keep it safely in your house and not in your car or garage. With each new yoga mat purchased, we are currently including a FREE Moonflower Yoga mat bag to store your new mat. We also sell yoga blocks, yoga straps, blankets, bolsters, traditional meditation cushions, and Zafuko cushions, all of which are wonderful for your home practice. Click on the “Products” page for additional info on yoga supplies.
Or you can purchase a lovely, relaxing Young Living essential oil. Could you use a bottle of favorite Stress Away right now? Lavender essential oil is great for relaxation or helping with skin irritation. Citrus Fresh, Lemon, or Tangerine add a lovely clean scent to your home or try Thieves for a spicy scent. Peppermint oil is another great oil that has many uses. Moonflower Yoga sells a wide variety of Young Living essential oils; just ask us!
We also have lovely handmade beaded bracelets, as well as AAOTE aromatherapy jewelry items. Our super-soft signature t-shirts and hoodies are also available in a variety of sizes.
Just let us know which items you would like to purchase, and we will arrange for a cashless online purchase and a curbside delivery to your car from the studio. Purchased items can also be shipped to you within the continental US.
MONTHLY CUSTOMER APPRECIATION GIFT
We appreciate your business! Each month a special gift will be given to the customer who attends the most classes during the calendar month.
The most recent “Prize of the Month” for booking the most classes was won by Leslie. Congratulations Leslie! Leslie won a bottle of Pan Away essential oil from Young Living.