During this period of social distancing, you can join your favorite Moonflower Yoga teachers for a great online yoga, meditation, or Chair Barre class from the comfort of your living room! There are 16 weekly online classes from which you can choose!
We are living in a challenging time with the coronavirus outbreak. In order to keep our students and teachers safe, and in keeping with social distancing requirements, there are no in-person studio classes at the Bellmore Avenue location for Moonflower Yoga until such time as it is safe to reopen the doors.
We are pleased to advise that you can still enjoy a great yoga, meditation, Pilates, or Chair Barre online class with some of your favorite Moonflower Yoga instructors by using the Zoom app! These online classes will be 30-40 minutes in length. Join Moonflower Yoga teachers Nancy, Melinda, Jessica, Theresa, Rose, Cathi, Lynn, or Vicky for LIVE classes! You would roll out your mat in the safety and comfort of your home, and then login to the LIVE class a few minutes before class time using the Zoom platform. Click on the “Schedule” tab above to see a listing of the online classes. The online classes will have the phrase “(ONLINE CLASS)” next to the class title.
Here is how these online classes will work:
– You need to download the free Zoom app. You can download it to your computer or a mobile device, whichever you prefer. A desktop or laptop screen is usually easier to see because it is larger.
– The cost of a 30-40 minute online class is $11 per class. You would select the online class you would like to attend from the Schedule tab above by double clicking on the class title. From there, just follow the simple registration and payment steps via PayPal. You must register for this class no later than 60 minutes before class time. After you have purchased the class, Nancy will send you a Zoom meeting invitation link. This invitation email is important because you will need this invitation and the hyperlink contained in the invitation in order to join the class.
-Online class packages are available if you purchase 5 or more classes! The price of the class reduces to $10 per class with your package purchase. And if you purchase more than 10 online classes in a specific month, you receive an 11th class for FREE as a thank you. To purchase a class package, send an email to email@example.com with the list of the classes you would like to attend. Nancy will send you the paperwork to reflect your reservations, and you will receive a PayPal invoice by email for the cost of the package.
It is important to take care of ourselves during this challenging time. The practice of yoga and meditation can help you do that! We can still stay connected as the Moonflower Yoga community, even if it is remotely. I hope you will take just 30-40 minutes FOR YOU to help you relax, stretch tight muscles, and feel better.
To see a full list of the great online yoga classes that are available, click on the “Schedule” tab above.
Further info and tips on working with Zoom for the first time:
– Approximately 10-15 meetings before the scheduled class time, you should double click on the “Join Zoom Meeting” hyperlink in your Zoom email invitation. This is an important step because it brings you into the “class room” setting. Select “start audio” once you are in the room. Click on anything that is red with a line through it (a microphone, a camera) to deactivate these locks so you can hear audio and see the “class room” setting. You can deactivate these by touching that lock with your finger if you’re using a mobile device or clicking on these red locks with your mouse.
– If you’re using a mobile device to log into the class approximately 10-15 minutes before class time, you may need to take the extra step of scrolling to the “show all notes” screen. Double click on this and then select join meeting, and you’re ready to join the class! As mentioned above, you may also need to deactivate anything with a red line through it such as a microphone and a camera by touching it with your finger.
– In the period of time after you join the class and before the class begins, you will have an opportunity to chat with the other attendees, as well as the Moonflower Yoga teacher. It is a great way to safely reconnect with people you have met through Moonflower Yoga! It also provides you an opportunity to ask questions of the instructor.
– Once the class is ready to begin, you will be “muted out” so that only the instructor can be heard. Just follow along and enjoy the class. If you need to speak with the instructor during the class, you can always “unmute” yourself by clicking on the red microphone with a line through it and then speak to the instructor.
– Remember to always listen to your body and only move in a way that feels right for you. You may wish to have a blanket or towel or pillow near your yoga mat for use during the class. If you have a yoga block that might be helpful for certain poses. If you have a yoga strap, have that handy. If you do not have a yoga strap, a bathrobe tie, an unused men’s tie, or a large rolled blanket could be substituted. Moonflower Yoga also sells great Huggermugger yoga products for your home practice and curbside pickup is available. Scroll down for further info on curbside pickup or click on the “Products” tab above.
– At the end of the class, you can “unmute” yourself and ask questions or provide feedback, as you speak with the other attendees and the instructor.
NEW class just added to the schedule!
Yoga for Bone Health (Lynn) (B) – Thursdays at 5:30 PM
Osteoporosis causes peri-menopausal and post-menopausal women to suffer significant bone loss due to the sharp drop in the production of estrogen (the female hormone that protects against bone-thinning). As we naturally age our skeleton becomes more brittle and it becomes much more challenging to build protective bone mass in the body. Recent studies now confirm that consistent yoga practice can actually increase bone mineral density — proof that yoga can outweigh the hormonal effects of age. The best time to focus on increasing your bone mass stores is now!
This great class will concentrate on 15 keys postures (standing and seated) chosen for their particular benefit in providing the key weight-bearing oppositional force crucial to help improve bone health. Some of the poses will be held for up to one minute to improve strength which helps to prevent falls (and therefore fractures). There will also be focus on stretching tight stressed muscles (which means you are less likely to fall and break something) and the building of stability and agility (so that if you do start to fall you may help to catch yourself).
Join us for this great sequence of postures designed to improve your physical balance, as well as your mental balance, release tension from your day, and get you ready for a relaxing evening ahead. All levels, especially beginners, are welcome. To register for this class, click on the “Schedule” tab above, select the date you would like to attend, and follow the simple registration and payment steps.
Come learn something new and have fun in a great upcoming workshop, event or training session!
Moonflower Yoga has an amazing array of interesting workshops and events from which you choose! People from Bellmore-Merrick-Wantagh-East Meadow-Seaford and other parts of Long Island have been registering, and we hope to see you too. Below is a quick snapshot summary of these very fun activities, and you can discover more info on the “Workshops” or “Clubs” tabs. You can register for any of these great activities by selecting the activity that you would like to attend on the “Schedule” tab above and following the simple registration and payment steps.
- The Moonflower Yoga Book Needle Arts Group: FREE online meeting via Zoom on Saturday, May 15th, 4:30 PM – 6 PM: Come join us for our fun group! The practice of Needle Arts which includes crochet, knitting, needlepoint & quilting are wonderful meditative and stress-reducing tools. Work on your piece, share your handiwork, and have fun chatting with the other members. We also donate finished pieces for those who wish to do so to people in need. Our latest scarf drive will support Operation Gratitude, which sends these scarves to our brave men and women in the military.
- In the Kitchen with Bob! (a LIVE vegan cooking demo using Zoom): Sunday, May 16th, 4:15 PM – 6:15 PM: Join Moonflower Yoga owner, Nancy, and her husband, Bob, for a fun, LIVE, interactive cooking workshop from their kitchen! We will supply you with the recipes in advance of the workshop so you can cook along with us from your own kitchen. You’ll then have a delicious meal to enjoy at the end of the workshop! If you prefer to just watch the preparation and cooking, that’s fine too. As this is interactive, you can ask questions while cooking from your kitchen. Have fun with us while learning something new!
- Moonflower Yoga Book Club: FREE online meeting via Zoom on Sunday, May 23rd, 4:30 PM – 6 PM: Take a journey with a great book while having fun and making new friends! For our next meeting, we will be discussing “The Guest List” by Foley. All are welcome to read this book and join us. Click on the “Clubs” tab above for more info on the book.
- Yoga Nidra (Yogic Sleep and Deep Meditation) with Jackie Lee (offered online via Zoom!): Wednesday, May 26th, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM: Feeling stressed? Join Jackie Lee from the safety and comfort of your living room or bedroom for this relaxing evening! Yoga Nidra, known as yogic sleep, is a deep meditation used to promote physical, mental, and emotional relaxation. You will deeply relax in a reclining position on your couch, in your bed, or on the floor, as you are led through a deep guided meditation. You can also set your Sankalpa (heart-felt intention) . One hour of yoga nidra = 4 hours of sleep!
- An Evening of Guided Meditation with Bhante Sujatha (online workshop): Friday, June 4th from 7:15 PM – 8:15 PM: If you are feeling anxious or can’t sleep, try guided meditation! Join us for a wonderful evening with Bhante Sujatha as he leads you in a guided meditation which you can do from the safety & comfort of your home. Bhante is a 30+ year Buddhist Monk, who is singularly focused on adding more love in the world. Bhante teaches loving-kindness meditation to people around the globe for all those seeking the art of happiness and contentment. His approach to meditation is deep and simple, which he explains in a way that is practical and easy to understand. A joyful, radiant, funny and wildly energetic monk, Bhante will help you obtain peace that can only be found in deep silence. Bhante is originally from Sri Lanka and is the head monk / abbot of the Blue Lotus Buddhist Temple and Meditation Center in Woodstock, IL.
Limited-time Mother’s Day gift offer …
Just in time for Mother’s Day, Moonflower Yoga has a great special offer:
Purchase a $100 gift certificate redeemable for any of our great classes or workshops and receive the following as our thank you:
- a FREE online bonus class at Moonflower Yoga. You can give this online bonus class to the recipient of the gift certificate or keep it for yourself; AND
- Take 10% off your merchandise purchase at Moonflower Yoga. You can use this for lovely essential oils including lavender, peppermint, Citrus Fresh or Thieves. Or perhaps you could use some yoga props such as a new yoga mat, a yoga block, or a yoga blanket. The gift certificate could also be used on merchandise such as our signature t-shirts & hoodies or beautiful aromatherapy jewelry from AAOTE.
This special Mother’s Day gift certificate offer must be purchased before May 10, 2021, and has a one-year expiration from May 10, 2021. All of our purchases are securely contactless, and the gift certificate can be sent to you by email, or to the recipient by email with a copy to you, or available in a paper gift certificate for curbside pickup from the studio parking lot. Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help you. Give a special woman in your life a gift she will love!!
May class changes:
- For the month of May, all of the yoga and meditation classes on the schedule will be offered online only via Zoom. There will be no in-person studio classes due to the coronavirus.
- The Thursday Stretch and Flow class with Nancy will move to an earlier start time of 10 AM instead of 10:15 AM beginning in May.
- The Slow Flow and Singing Bowls class on Wednesday, May 26th, will have an earlier start time of 630 PM.
- There are no classes on Monday, May 31st, Memorial Day.
Curbside pickup at the studio is available!
Curbside pickup at the studio is available for some items you may need for your home practice. How about a beautiful Hugger Mugger yoga mat? Hugger Mugger Tapas yoga mats, which Moonflower Yoga sells, were just rated one of the top 3 best yoga mats in the US. They are very durable and last for years if you keep it safely in your house and not in your car or garage. With each new yoga mat purchased, we are currently including a FREE Moonflower Yoga mat bag to store your new mat. We also sell yoga blocks, yoga straps, blankets, and bolsters which are wonderful for your home practice. Or you can purchase a lovely, relaxing Young Living essential oil. Could you use a bottle of favorite Stress Away right now? Lavender essential oil is great for relaxation or helping with skin irritation. Citrus Fresh adds a lovely clean scent to your home or Thieves for a spicy scent. Moonflower Yoga sells a wide variety of Young Living essential oils; just ask us! We also have lovely handmade beaded bracelets, as well as AAOTE aromatherapy jewelry items. Our super-soft signature t-shirts and hoodies are also available in a variety of sizes. Just let Nancy know which items you would like to purchase, and she will arrange for a cashless online purchase and a curbside delivery to your car from the studio.
Sturdy Yoga Blocks from Huggermugger are available – now in a fun purple color!
A yoga block is a great tool to have for your home practice. It gives you support for your poses. You can sit on the block for more comfort in seated poses. If you have difficulty reaching the floor with your fingertips, the block can raise the floor for you as you work on improving flexibility. If you are doing a bridge pose, a block under your seat can provide more comfort & stability. These durable yoga blocks will last for years. They are priced at just $18 each and are available for curbside pickup. In addition to this purple color, it also comes in lovely marbled shades of blue.
Yoga blankets now in stock for your practice or warmth from Huggermugger:
With the cold weather upon us, it is a perfect time to have a warm yoga blanket to cover your body in Shavasana (final relaxation pose) or as a blanket in your home. These thick rectangular blankets from Huggermugger can also be used as a replacement for a bolster in certain yoga poses, as well as provide support for your knees in kneeling poses. The ones sold are the studio are hypoallergenic, with NO wool, and are machine washable. We currently have them in black/white/gray plaid, blue/white plaid, purple/white plaid, and green/white plaid. They should last you for many years. If you would like to purchase one of these fabulous blankets, send an email to this email address, and we can arrange for contactless payment and curbside delivery to your parked car from the studio parking lot.
MONTHLY CUSTOMER APPRECIATION GIFT
We appreciate your business! Each month a special gift will be given to the customer who attends the most classes during the calendar month.
The most recent “Prize of the Month” for booking the most classes in the month was won by Leslie. Congratulations Leslie! Leslie won a bottle of Purification essential oil from Young Living.