Moonflower Yoga is based in Bellmore, Long Island, in Nassau County.
We specialize in a small-class setting to provide you with more personal attention. Our yoga classes are semi-private in nature with a maximum of 6-8 students for most classes. Moonflower has great yoga teachers who have lovingly designed a very interesting mix of great yoga classes to meet all fitness levels:
- Our STRESS-BUSTER series of classes on Tuesday nights at 730 PM are designed to provide you with better health by reducing your risk of stress-related diseases such as high blood pressure and heart disease. Click on the “Descriptions” tab for the current month’s schedule.
- KUNDALINI YOGA classes combine physical exercise, breathing techniques, mantra, and meditation and are designed to promote health, creativity and spiritual awareness.
- MEDITATION classes are wonderful for stress reduction, relaxation, and finding inner peace.
- MOVE AND STRETCH classes burn calories while gaining strength and flexibility. Suitable for intermediate level students with Vinyasa experience.
- BEGINNER classes are designed for you to learn basic yoga poses which combine breath with movement enabling you to build strength, flexibility, and balance, as well as discover ways to help you relax and feel calmer. For a full list of beginner-level yoga classes, click on the FAQ tab above and scroll to the “I am a beginner” section.
- UNWIND AND RELAX classes allow you to de-stress with light vinyasa flow combined with restorative postures.
- RADIANT BODY YOGA classes combine a unique blend of vinyasa flow, hatha-based strengthening poses, and Kundalini yoga. Great way to start your Sunday!
- BEGINNER STRETCH is a fabulous, overall yoga class where you will learn fundamental yoga poses.
- SATURDAY FLOW classes energize you and provide an invigorating, calorie-burning workout as you start your weekend.
- CALM AND STRETCH GENTLE YOGA FOR BEGINNERS is a great way for all fitness levels to enjoy a fabulous gentle yoga class while increasing your strength and flexibility and discovering ways to reduce tension.
- CANDLELIGHT RESTORATIVE YOGA at the end of the day is a lovely way to let your stress go with the help of bolsters, blankets and pillows while listening to soft music in flickering candlelight.
- STRETCH AND FLOW classes are fun morning yoga classes to help you develop strength, flexibility and balance.
- MORNING MEDITATION AND MOVEMENT classes are a great way to start your day with gentle stretching and a guided meditation for inner peace.
- STRETCH AND TONE classes will provide you with a great overall class to stretch and strengthen your muscles while also creating energy through flowing poses.
- CHAIR YOGA is a lovely, gentle, beginner-level yoga class for those who have difficulty moving in a normal yoga class. The poses are done seated on a chair or standing (if possible) using a chair for support.
- FLEX AND STRETCH helps you de-stress at the end of the day with movement & stretching poses while also gaining strength and flexibility.
- BEGINNER YOGA FUNDAMENTALS are great for learning basic yoga poses in a gentle way.
- REJUVENATE AND STRETCH is a great way to begin the day with stretching, flowing poses linking your breath with movement.
- INHALE, EXHALE, STRETCH! classes are a great late-morning, weekday class for all levels combining gentle movement with stretching for flexibility as well as breathing techniques for stress reduction.
- BALANCE AND TONE classes are a great way to improve your balance while also toning & stretching your body. All fitness levels, including beginners, are welcome.
- STRETCH INTENSE AND RESTORE classes are designed for the intermediate-level student looking for an energetic yoga class. The class ends with a restorative posture & you’ll feel great!
- SUMMER STRETCH is a fabulous Friday morning summer class to get you ready for a great weekend.
- YIN AND RESTORE classes on select Tuesday evenings allow you to deeply stretch on the ground with bolsters, blankets, and pillows to improve flexibility.
- IET/Angel Healing classes on select Tuesday evenings are a wonderful classes where you discover info on the healing angels & learn how to do a heart link to the angels to help support and relax you. Includes brief guided angel meditation.
WORKSHOPS are offered on Friday evenings or weekend afternoons on a variety of engaging topics. You’ll meet interesting people and learn something new! Please click on the “Workshops” tab for further information.
PRIVATE YOGA SESSIONS are available at the Moonflower Yoga studio to meet specific individual needs. We will design a private yoga class just for you! Call us at (516) 557 2206 for more info.
CORPORATE YOGA classes are a great way to reduce midday muscle stress and strain while gaining strength and flexibility. A Moonflower Yoga instructor can travel to your local business to teach a group lunchtime corporate yoga class. Please call us at (516) 557-2206 and let us know how we can help you. There is also additional info on our “Corporate Yoga” tab above.
PRODUCTS: The studio sells one-of-a-kind, handmade items lovingly made by local artisans. Many of these are hand finished here in Nassau County (Long Island) including our super soft, full-zip hoodies and our variety of signature t-shirts. We also sell a variety of yoga supplies for your home practice including yoga mats, blocks, and straps. And Moonflower Yoga is an authorized distributor for beautiful Young Living essential oils, which are amazing, therapeutic quality oils made from plants whose intoxicating, aromatic scent you will love. Click on our “Products” tab for more information.